This should be it but PM me if you'd like something else or better. Hope this helps you out Murray.

GM Brochure 1 of 3.jpg
GM Brochure 2 of 3.jpg
GM Brochure 3 of 3.jpg

Reactions: Murray20c8
My dealership was pretty cool. They said it was $2500.00 for the extended warranty but since I waited a year for my C8 to come in they said they would swing it for $1900.00 and could put it on anytime before the factory warranty runs out. So I got a couple of years to think about it. The benefits with going with a smaller dealership. They do what they can to keep a customer happy and to keep your business. As the bible says. Ask and ye shall receive. LOL.

Reactions: JR410
My dealership was pretty cool. They said it was $2500.00 for the extended warranty but since I waited a year for my C8 to come in they said they would swing it for $1900.00 and could put it on anytime before the factory warranty runs out. So I got a couple of years to think about it. The benefits with going with a smaller dealership. They do what they can to keep a customer happy and to keep your business. As the bible says. Ask and ye shall receive. LOL.
what is the warranty for $1900, how many year, km etc... ?

Wow these are some great prices being posted for extended warranty. I'm being quoted much more for 84 months/80k with a $200.00 deductible.

I called around on my C7 and managed to get it for half price. In the end the extended warranty is a huge cash grab for the dealers. I would never buy it at time of purchase because you can always add it on before your bumper to bumper warranty expires. Most people will never get the cost back for this purchase, but you never know, you could be one of the lucky/unlucky ones that ends up saving money from having it.

Some warranties cost more if you wait for the end of the GM warranty to espire before purchasing it. As for not using the warranty, if no claims are made on my extended warranty at warranty-end, I will get $2,000 back less my deductible, which is $100.
Yeah I was not suggesting wait until the warranty actually expires. If I was going for an extended warranty I would only purchase a GM one and not a third party warranty that may have policy limitations. Like I said earlier to each their own on buying an extended warranty. It isn't there to help the consumer it is there to make the dealership money. But some people feel better knowing that their car is protected and I understand and respect that.

I would never buy it at time of purchase because you can always add it on before your bumper to bumper warranty expires.
Not with zero deductible from GM you can’t later on. So it costs you more if you make claims. Poor choice to wait, especially with a computer on wheels, unless you plan to sell in 3 years.

1 repair and its is paid for.

Completely disagree lol. Comparing house insurance to extended warranty is not a good comparison. But to each their own. If you sleep better at night knowing that the dealership made some more money then so be it. IMHO.

Reactions: Phil
Completely disagree lol. Comparing house insurance to extended warranty is not a good comparison. But to each their own. If you sleep better at night knowing that the dealership made some more money then so be it. IMHO.
Lol, I don’t sleep better at night knowing the dealership made more money. I sleep better knowing that for a few extra bucks I’ve bought myself 4 extra years of worry free driving!

Reactions: CTRL_CV
Lol, I don’t sleep better at night knowing the dealership made more money. I sleep better knowing that for a few extra bucks I’ve bought myself 4 extra years of worry free driving!
That's OK John. DaFather thinks Insurance companies lose money on home Insurance ;)

• Haha
Reactions: MY21C8
Seriously though. This is the definition of Insurance. Tell me what is different?

Dictionary
in·sur·ance
1. a practice or arrangement by which a company or government agency provides a guarantee of compensation for specified loss, damage, illness, or death in return for payment of a premium.
2. a thing providing protection against a possible eventuality.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.