I note people saying a "sizeable reduction" should be obtained for the cost of any extended warranty. For all the vehicles I've purchased in the past (except Mercedes, despite my so-called "tough negotiating"), I have managed to get a good discount. But with the C8 and for the longest available GM extended warranty period (going up to 7 years, from the initial 3 years) I was only offered a discount of less than 10% and the dealer wouldn't budge from there. To be fair, I don't have the car yet and the dealer said when it arrives, they might provide a better discount. In response to my comment that there was more room to move and the dealer had a fairly sizeable profit, I was told "the mark-up isn't as much as you think". Does anyone know approximately what the mark-up is or whether there's a standard discount that most people are getting? It strikes me the dealers are doing OK with full MSRP for the 2020's, so they'd have more room to move on the extended warranty. With people now taking delivery of their C8's, pricing for the extended warranty should be known. I hope this is an appropriate discussion for the Forum...
You don't need to buy the warranty from your dealer, any dealer can sell it to you also why not wait to buy it in 3 years, I would shy away from 3rd party warranties these companies are more prone to shutdown or fight you over any claim

I'm curious. This thread hasn't had any posts since mid March.
Have any new C8 owners who have taken delivery bought the extended warranty?
What type of discount could you negotiate?

I'm curious. This thread hasn't had any posts since mid March.
Have any new C8 owners who have taken delivery bought the extended warranty?
What type of discount could you negotiate?

I echo that curiosity with my C8 coming up in the next couple of months (fingers crossed). So I'd love to hear what's happening out there and on a more selfish note, if anyone picks up a C8 and extended warranty from Capital Chev in Calgary, I'd appreciate a "personal message" with details of your experience not only with any extras but also the over-all delivery experience.

I purchased it, but I don't have my car yet. With a new model I think it's worth it. I have a box full of service receipts for my '88 Beretta. Steering wheel falling off recall, door falling off in my hand ... the list goes on.

• Wow
Reactions: Bucketoy and Blu427
I picked up our car last Friday and I did not buy anything yet. I told the dealer I wanted a few days with it to familiarize myself with the car first. I will likely get some level of coverage but I am usually sceptical of the policies. As with all insurance, they are designed to make money for the issuer not the policy holder. So the fine print on what is and is not covered becomes key. I agree that the level of electronics on this car would be a concern. But I would suspect some well worded loopholes to be found in the fine print. I will be heading back in next week to get my extended mud flaps installed and will review the warranty options. I will report back on my findings.

As many Vettes are traded in prior to the expiration of the extended warranties, I can tell you from personal expereince that it was a huge plus when I have bought used. So don’t just consider the up front cost but also what it may do for resale several years later.

Reactions: ABC
It depends on what you intend to do with your car. If you are like me and planning to upgrade it in 2 to 3 years, there's no point in getting an extended warranty as your not going to re-coup it with the difference in the selling/trade in price. If your planning to keep it forever then it might be worth it. I had several new first gen performance cars and 99% of the issues were taken care of within the first 3 years of ownership.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.