Featured Thread
Vaughn your review of the C8 HTC was bang on. I loved my Rapid Blue C8 coupe but this HTC is just next level. Can’t beat the HTC for hearing the sound of the performance exhaust. Also from other reviews I learned that driving around in Track mode is totally the best. No more shifting into high gears or V4 and OMG do the downshifts sound good.

So I take it you're now driving "C8 #2" and this time a HTC. One of the few lucky enough to have had both a coupe and convertible. What colour/options on your HTC? Perhaps PM me with the details including your licence number so I can more readily ID you on the streets of Edmonton. Congrats!

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
Thanks. Make sense. Still will hold for a C8. Thanks again 😎👍

I don't know if you're in the Edmonton area 2KforeverC5 but if so and you'd like to "test drive" a C8, I'll volunteer mine for a short spin. I suspect you'll be waiting a long time before you're able to test drive one on a dealer's lot. Or maybe you're content with your C5 and not looking to tempt yourself? PM me if interested.

Vaughn your review of the C8 HTC was bang on. I loved my Rapid Blue C8 coupe but this HTC is just next level. Can’t beat the HTC for hearing the sound of the performance exhaust. Also from other reviews I learned that driving around in Track mode is totally the best. No more shifting into high gears or V4 and OMG do the downshifts sound good.

That's something I've been wondering, so the HTC for sure with the top down, is the better driving experience with the Z51 exhaust?

Yes, they do. I have a need for prescriptions so my Raybans are made for me with my correct lenses. they are polarized also and yes the view is changed via the glass in the car somewhat. Not a big bother but you do see a blotchiness in the glass and also in the paint finish.
That’s normal for polarized sun glasses.

I don't know if you're in the Edmonton area 2KforeverC5 but if so and you'd like to "test drive" a C8, I'll volunteer mine for a short spin. I suspect you'll be waiting a long time before you're able to test drive one on a dealer's lot. Or maybe you're content with your C5 and not looking to tempt yourself? PM me if interested.
I’m following all the pros and cons. Still can’t convince myself with what I’m reading. Thanks for the offer though. At least I can evaluate what the sales people at the dealership will say. I am not part of the billion dollar round table. Investing that kind of dollar would probably give me better returns on some other investments. Thanks again cheers. 🤓😎😳

it's pretty easy. There are lots of leather dye kits available and lots of info on google. I did my 340 Duster seats 48 years ago and it turned out fine and I'm sure the products have come a long way since then.

REALLLLLLY!

Duster1975a.jpg

So I take it you're now driving "C8 #2" and this time a HTC. One of the few lucky enough to have had both a coupe and convertible. What colour/options on your HTC? Perhaps PM me with the details including your licence number so I can more readily ID you on the streets of Edmonton. Congrats!
I went with a 1LT again. Sebring orange, black rims, NPP, painted Nacelles and top, orange seatbelts and sky grey seats. Went with the light seats again because it does not have ventilated seats. Oilers colours to match my Edmonton Oilers licence plate. Gary just finished my PPF and ceramic. As you know I sold my Rapid Blue one that you came over to see. Couldn’t turn down the huge profit. This one is a keeper even if I could make a bundle of money on her. Maybe if I was going to buy a Z06 but that is out of my price range in the HTC spec.

Reactions: gone
Just wave on the road to oncoming corvette s regardless. Dig?😳🤓😎👌

I was up there on Tuesday and for the life of me, I'm not sure why anyone would want to be on the streets of Edmonton. Wow! Are your roads in bad shape. Reminded me of Saskatchewan roads...lol...I was really glad I was driving the MKX and not my Vette. There were holes in the asphalt that would swallow a Corvette....lol...

I was up there on Tuesday and for the life of me, I'm not sure why anyone would want to be on the streets of Edmonton. Wow! Are your roads in bad shape. Reminded me of Saskatchewan roads...lol...I was really glad I was driving the MKX and not my Vette. There were holes in the asphalt that would swallow a Corvette....lol...

Yes it's been a problem for years here with potholes. Fortunately, I'm good friends with all of them on my usual route home so I know what to avoid. I've lost a few tires (sidewall bulges) over the years, plus one tire and rim combo completely destroyed last winter so neither would hold air. It was dark out and I couldn't swerve in time to avoid impact. Luckily not in my C8 and luckily my tire/rim warranty covered most of that fiasco. I've also complained several times and the City has reacted to repair the worst of the worst. Attached are a couple of May 2021 photos of what the road USED to look like enroute to my golf course on the edge of town:

P-Club Rd 1.jpg P-Club Rd 3.jpg

When the City received these, it came out exceptionally quick to effect repairs. I'd driven over it a few times with my C8 and managed to straddle the high spots w/o problem. But then bad rains in May resulted in more deterioration so I bottomed out on the 6th time through and got really p#%!@@d off so stopped on the way back, took the photos and lodged the complaint. I heard/felt a loud BANG (my spouse screamed; it was on her side) and was convinced my car was ++ damaged but unbelievably there was none. I was also amazed the locals in the area hadn't complained long ago since the City told me mine was their first notice of an issue with that one mile stretch of roadway. Oh well. But hey, Edmontonians now have 2 claims to fame: the City with the most radar enforcement in North America, plus (likely) one of the worst pot hole infestations! LOL. (No really, it's sad on both accounts...).

• Sad
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Yes it's been a problem for years here with potholes. Fortunately, I'm good friends with all of them on my usual route home so I know what to avoid. I've lost a few tires (sidewall bulges) over the years, plus one tire and rim combo completely destroyed last winter so neither would hold air. It was dark out and I couldn't swerve in time to avoid impact. Luckily not in my C8 and luckily my tire/rim warranty covered most of that fiasco. I've also complained several times and the City has reacted to repair the worst of the worst. Attached are a couple of May 2021 photos of what the road USED to look like enroute to my golf course on the edge of town:

View attachment 84511 View attachment 84512

When the City received these, it came out exceptionally quick to effect repairs. I'd driven over it a few times with my C8 and managed to straddle the high spots w/o problem. But then bad rains in May resulted in more deterioration so I bottomed out on the 6th time through and got really p#%!@@d .off so stopped on the way back, took the photos and lodged the complaint. I heard/felt a loud BANG (my spouse screamed; it was on her side) and was convinced my car was ++ damaged but unbelievably there was none. I was also amazed the locals in the area hadn't complained long ago since the City told me mine was their first notice of an issue with that one mile stretch of roadway. Oh well. But hey, Edmontonians now have 2 claims to fame: the City with the most radar enforcement in North America, plus (likely) one of the worst pot hole infestations! LOL. (No really, it's sad on both accounts...).
I was quite surprised actually Vaughn. Pretty much all Alberta roads have deteiorated to some degree since the economic downturn but Edmonton seems to lead the pack, at least of the ones I have been on. A shame actually as we use to have some of the best kept infrastructure in Canada.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.