Featured Thread
For those of you who don't like lengthy "verbose" postings ruining your busy day, skip this one now and regardless, it's of course your choice to read what you want. But some may find this helpful and it's with those in mind, I'm giving this review:

1. I've got the 2-tone grey/black interior. I'm surprised the three grey lines that extend below my front windshield, reflect onto the windshield and depending upon what I'm looking at, they can be somewhat annoying. I listened to others warning about this reflection for lighter interiors like the "natural dipped" (tan) but didn't think it would be of any concern for mine. I'm being extremely critical with this comment but for those ordering their C8's, you might consider getting a black (only) upper dashboard or a darker colour below the windshield to have zero reflection. Something to think about.

2. My interior has grey (off white looking) coloured side bolsters and I'm already getting a bit of smudging on the driver's side edge from rubbing against it when getting in/out. My salesman suggested I not coat it with any protectant seal, since he claims that will only attract more "dirt". He recommended just keeping it clean and suggested that saddle soap works the best. I'd like to know how others have maintained their lighter coloured bolsters and what works best.

3. As others have said, the break-in ended at 805 km and the tachometer changes, so the red line for RPM's increases from 4,500 to 6,500 letting you know that you're now free from any factory restraints and no longer have to vary your speeds or keep it under 4,000 RPM. The start of real fun! :) And note: I was a trusting idiot and generously let a "good friend" drive my car during its break-in and after he assured me he'd not exceed 4,000 RPM. He's owned several Corvettes and still has a C7 so knows something about them. But of course he couldn't resist and after ten minutes on residential streets, he "punched it" and the tach went wild. So a word of advice: let NO ONE else drive your C8 during its break-in period. :(

4. If you don't opt for the Z51 package, IMO I think it a "must" to get the NPP (performance exhaust) option. It compliments the car and driving experience, especially after the break-in period when you can use sport mode and listen to the car go through its gears at higher RPM's. You know you're in a sports car and there's no better way to bring on a smile for you or your passenger.

5. With the top down and the rear camera stowed away, the inside mirror provides extremely limited visibility due to the hump in the rear middle of the car. I don't know if the coupe shares that same hump. As well, the side nacelles amplify blind spots. I'm used to better visibility so this is one major drawback for the convertible and lane changing with the top down in busy traffic can be a challenge. I still prefer a convertible due to my past motorcycle days, and also with its full access to the trunk for things like golf clubs, when the top is down, unlike the coupe when the top panel stowed in the trunk takes up almost all its room. But you don't see the engine in a convertible and many want that view in keeping with the look of exotics. So pros and cons.

6. The electronics and different programming options for the C8, are amazing. I've never had a car this complex. You need to be patient when learning everything the car can do and there are several helpful YouTube videos but the best way to figure it out is practice. For those who ignore these options and just drive the vehicle, IMO you're missing out on fine-tuning it to best enjoy your ride. I suspect I'm not saying anything new for owners of past Corvette generations.

7. The touch screen is really sensitive and I'm wondering if it's just mine. When I go to adjust volume using the knob, my fingers next to the screen will change it from Sirius to FM or AM, without actually touching the screen. So just being close to the screen is enough. Has anyone else had this happen?

8. Finally, the number of people who stop to talk about the C8, is surprising. Just this morning when at 2 shopping centre parking lots for about 20 minutes each, I spoke with 4 people who wanted to know all about the car and how the convertible works with 2 of them waiting until I returned to the car. Then there were the 9 or 10 vehicles that did "slow drive-bys" to see the car close-up.

An amazingly fun vehicle that feels really solid at higher speeds. As many have said: well worth the wait.

Last edited:
Yes, the attention is endless.
I had a guy on a Yamaha follow me for thirty kms, my wife asked me
to get her a can of primer so I took the long way!
When I pulled into the Home Hardware he pulled up behind and said
" I thought you'd never pull over"
He wanted to have a close look at a C8.

Yes, the attention is endless.
I had a guy on a Yamaha follow me for thirty kms, my wife asked me
to get her a can of primer so I took the long way!
When I pulled into the Home Hardware he pulled up behind and said
" I thought you'd never pull over"
He wanted to have a close look at a C8.
That's funny about the Yamaha guy

For those of you who don't like lengthy "verbose" postings ruining your busy day, skip this one now and regardless, it's of course your choice to read what you want. But some may find this helpful and it's with those in mind, I'm giving this review:

1. I've got the 2-tone grey/black interior. I'm surprised the three grey lines that extend below my front windshield, reflect onto the windshield and depending upon what I'm looking at, they can be somewhat annoying. I listened to others warning about this reflection for lighter interiors like the "natural dipped" (tan) but didn't think it would be of any concern for mine. I'm being extremely critical with this comment but for those ordering their C8's, you might consider getting a black (only) upper dashboard or a darker colour below the windshield to have zero reflection. Something to think about.
Do you have pics of the interior? I'm not sure what the two tone looks like.
I think all the cars have this issue.

1602419960692.png

#5 driving using the mirrors is fine for me. The side mirrors can be adjusted to cover the blind spots. Backing out of parking spots however, is scary.
#7 Mine isn't too sensitive, but then I use the steering wheel controls for audio and the control banck for climate.
#8 I get very little interest. Some, but not as much as others seem to get. I guess Uxbridge just doesn't like cars. lol

Do you have pics of the interior? I'm not sure what the two tone looks like.
I think all the cars have this issue.

View attachment 44661

Perhaps you're right that all cars with any colour on the dash, have the same issue. Yours is darker with the red so perhaps it blends in better. I've included a photo of mine with the gray (really it's off white) and the picture was taken early this morning w/o any sun so it's worse with direct sunlight. I'm being extremely critical with this concern, since it's OK but I'd rather have the all black upper dash, and that's just my preference.

C8 Reflection.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: RockyPM
To reduce glare I plan on using some fine grey/black cloth fine mesh cut to shape and tucking under . There probably be some after market `covers` soon.
I would not use saddle soap but I use Mothers leather cleaner and homemade baby soap spray in between. Used these on my previous C7 ,tan, and Honda Accord with white interior and had no issues. I would stay away front blue jeans, leather and rough material clothing and during summer avoiding short shorts.
Really looking forward to getting my HTC soon.

• Clever
Reactions: COP8

2. My interior has grey (off white looking) coloured side bolsters and I'm already getting a bit of smudging on the driver's side edge from rubbing against it when getting in/out. My salesman suggested I not coat it with any protectant seal, since he claims that will only attract more "dirt". He recommended just keeping it clean and suggested that saddle soap works the best. I'd like to know how others have maintained their lighter coloured bolsters and what works best.

3. As others have said, the break-in ended at 805 km and the tachometer changes, so the red line for RPM's increases from 4,500 to 6,500 letting you know that you're now free from any factory restraints and no longer have to vary your speeds or keep it under 4,000 RPM. The start of real fun! :) And note: I was a trusting idiot and generously let a "good friend" drive my car during its break-in and after he assured me he'd not exceed 4,000 RPM. He's owned several Corvettes and still has a C7 so knows something about them. But of course he couldn't resist and after ten minutes on residential streets, he "punched it" and the tach went wild. So a word of advice: let NO ONE else drive your C8 during its break-in period. :(

4. If you don't opt for the Z51 package, IMO I think it a "must" to get the NPP (performance exhaust) option. It compliments the car and driving experience, especially after the break-in period when you can use sport mode and listen to the car go through its gears at higher RPM's. You know you're in a sports car and there's no better way to bring on a smile for you or your passenger.

5. With the top down and the rear camera stowed away, the inside mirror provides extremely limited visibility due to the hump in the rear middle of the car. I don't know if the coupe shares that same hump. As well, the side nacelles amplify blind spots. I'm used to better visibility so this is one major drawback for the convertible and lane changing with the top down in busy traffic can be a challenge. I still prefer a convertible due to my past motorcycle days, and also with its full access to the trunk for things like golf clubs, when the top is down, unlike the coupe when the top panel stowed in the trunk takes up almost all its room. But you don't see the engine in a convertible and many want that view in keeping with the look of exotics. So pros and cons.

6. The electronics and different programming options for the C8, are amazing. I've never had a car this complex. You need to be patient when learning everything the car can do and there are several helpful YouTube videos but the best way to figure it out is practice. For those who ignore these options and just drive the vehicle, IMO you're missing out on fine-tuning it to best enjoy your ride. I suspect I'm not saying anything new for owners of past Corvette generations.

7. The touch screen is really sensitive and I'm wondering if it's just mine. When I go to adjust volume using the knob, my fingers next to the screen will change it from Sirius to FM or AM, without actually touching the screen. So just being close to the screen is enough. Has anyone else had this happen?

8. Finally, the number of people who stop to talk about the C8, is surprising. Just this morning when at 2 shopping centre parking lots for about 20 minutes each, I spoke with 4 people who wanted to know all about the car and how the convertible works with 2 of them waiting until I returned to the car. Then there were the 9 or 10 vehicles that did "slow drive-bys" to see the car close-up.

An amazingly fun vehicle that feels really solid at higher speeds. As many have said: well worth the wait.
Good review; I always order black interior, NPP is an option as is MRC on the 2021. No need for Z51 if not tracking - can adjust exhaust note to any driving mode. Surprised that the rear camera does not give enough visibility. Is there blind spot recognition? I thought there was? I went to view a 2020 vert at a dealer yesterday - WOW - I love the looks vs the coupe plus, as mentioned - top down - still can store clubs etc.

Great real life feedback.

Reactions: Phil
Great info on problems that can be annoying on the C8 Convertible. I can see that the reflection of the lines on hood on windshield being annoying. I planned on ordering a 2LT Red interior so hopefully won't have the same problem. Enjoy the ride.

Great review of your initial exposure to the HTC. I recently purchased a 2020 Cadillac XT5 with a tan dash - worst windshield reflection I have ever encountered and I could not adjust. I was getting desperate and considered returning it but it is an otherwise great vehicle. After searching on the Cadillac forum, I learned that the solution lies in polarized glasses. I ordered a pair on Amazon with the lowest shading (almost clear) and the problem is solved. They work on cloudy days and at twilight. For bright sunny days I use my usual dark polarized sunglasses. Look for TJUTR photochromatic sunglasses.

Perhaps you're right that all cars with any colour on the dash, have the same issue. Yours is darker with the red so perhaps it blends in better. I've included a photo of mine with the gray (really it's off white) and the picture was taken early this morning w/o any sun so it's worse with direct sunlight. I'm being extremely critical with this concern, since it's OK but I'd rather have the all black upper dash, and that's just my preference.

View attachment 44665
I get that reflection on driver's side window from silver door trim...

Reactions: ABC
Great review of your initial exposure to the HTC. I recently purchased a 2020 Cadillac XT5 with a tan dash - worst windshield reflection I have ever encountered and I could not adjust. I was getting desperate and considered returning it but it is an otherwise great vehicle. After searching on the Cadillac forum, I learned that the solution lies in polarized glasses. I ordered a pair on Amazon with the lowest shading (almost clear) and the problem is solved. They work on cloudy days and at twilight. For bright sunny days I use my usual dark polarized sunglasses. Look for TJUTR photochromatic sunglasses.

I've just read on the "Corvette Forum" that the polarized glasses that are effective to reduce windshield glare, may really reduce the visibility of the Heads Up Display. Anyone had that experience? And yes, the "tan" or natural dipped interior glare is rather striking because of the angle of the C8 windshield, so those considering ordering that interior colour, should first consider the photos in the posting:

Reactions: CTRL_CV and ABC
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.