Featured Thread
For those of you who don't like lengthy "verbose" postings ruining your busy day, skip this one now and regardless, it's of course your choice to read what you want. But some may find this helpful and it's with those in mind, I'm giving this review:

1. I've got the 2-tone grey/black interior. I'm surprised the three grey lines that extend below my front windshield, reflect onto the windshield and depending upon what I'm looking at, they can be somewhat annoying. I listened to others warning about this reflection for lighter interiors like the "natural dipped" (tan) but didn't think it would be of any concern for mine. I'm being extremely critical with this comment but for those ordering their C8's, you might consider getting a black (only) upper dashboard or a darker colour below the windshield to have zero reflection. Something to think about.

2. My interior has grey (off white looking) coloured side bolsters and I'm already getting a bit of smudging on the driver's side edge from rubbing against it when getting in/out. My salesman suggested I not coat it with any protectant seal, since he claims that will only attract more "dirt". He recommended just keeping it clean and suggested that saddle soap works the best. I'd like to know how others have maintained their lighter coloured bolsters and what works best.

3. As others have said, the break-in ended at 805 km and the tachometer changes, so the red line for RPM's increases from 4,500 to 6,500 letting you know that you're now free from any factory restraints and no longer have to vary your speeds or keep it under 4,000 RPM. The start of real fun! :) And note: I was a trusting idiot and generously let a "good friend" drive my car during its break-in and after he assured me he'd not exceed 4,000 RPM. He's owned several Corvettes and still has a C7 so knows something about them. But of course he couldn't resist and after ten minutes on residential streets, he "punched it" and the tach went wild. So a word of advice: let NO ONE else drive your C8 during its break-in period. :(

4. If you don't opt for the Z51 package, IMO I think it a "must" to get the NPP (performance exhaust) option. It compliments the car and driving experience, especially after the break-in period when you can use sport mode and listen to the car go through its gears at higher RPM's. You know you're in a sports car and there's no better way to bring on a smile for you or your passenger.

5. With the top down and the rear camera stowed away, the inside mirror provides extremely limited visibility due to the hump in the rear middle of the car. I don't know if the coupe shares that same hump. As well, the side nacelles amplify blind spots. I'm used to better visibility so this is one major drawback for the convertible and lane changing with the top down in busy traffic can be a challenge. I still prefer a convertible due to my past motorcycle days, and also with its full access to the trunk for things like golf clubs, when the top is down, unlike the coupe when the top panel stowed in the trunk takes up almost all its room. But you don't see the engine in a convertible and many want that view in keeping with the look of exotics. So pros and cons.

6. The electronics and different programming options for the C8, are amazing. I've never had a car this complex. You need to be patient when learning everything the car can do and there are several helpful YouTube videos but the best way to figure it out is practice. For those who ignore these options and just drive the vehicle, IMO you're missing out on fine-tuning it to best enjoy your ride. I suspect I'm not saying anything new for owners of past Corvette generations.

7. The touch screen is really sensitive and I'm wondering if it's just mine. When I go to adjust volume using the knob, my fingers next to the screen will change it from Sirius to FM or AM, without actually touching the screen. So just being close to the screen is enough. Has anyone else had this happen?

8. Finally, the number of people who stop to talk about the C8, is surprising. Just this morning when at 2 shopping centre parking lots for about 20 minutes each, I spoke with 4 people who wanted to know all about the car and how the convertible works with 2 of them waiting until I returned to the car. Then there were the 9 or 10 vehicles that did "slow drive-bys" to see the car close-up.

An amazingly fun vehicle that feels really solid at higher speeds. As many have said: well worth the wait.
Great review on the HTC and agree with your notes. I have found that letting others drive the car that do not appreciate that the DCT is not an automatic is an issue. The rev on the engine does shock people as they want to punch it then coast. This is not what happens with the DCT. I have the sky cool grey interior and i also have a little wear showing. So far I just wipe it down with a damp microfibre cloth when at the car wash. My sueded GT2 seats are taking a bit more rub off my clothes so if I were blue pants then I get blue fibers sticking to the seats. Again, just a cleaning issue. I am sure a vacuum will take care of it. Almost time for hibernation until spring. So depressing.

Reactions: canadiansteelman
I've just read on the "Corvette Forum" that the polarized glasses that are effective to reduce windshield glare, may really reduce the visibility of the Heads Up Display. Anyone had that experience? And yes, the "tan" or natural dipped interior glare is rather striking because of the angle of the C8 windshield, so those considering ordering that interior colour, should first consider the photos in the posting:

Yes, they do. I have a need for prescriptions so my Raybans are made for me with my correct lenses. they are polarized also and yes the view is changed via the glass in the car somewhat. Not a big bother but you do see a blotchiness in the glass and also in the paint finish.

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
For those of you who don't like lengthy "verbose" postings ruining your busy day, skip this one now and regardless, it's of course your choice to read what you want. But some may find this helpful and it's with those in mind, I'm giving this review:

1. I've got the 2-tone grey/black interior. I'm surprised the three grey lines that extend below my front windshield, reflect onto the windshield and depending upon what I'm looking at, they can be somewhat annoying. I listened to others warning about this reflection for lighter interiors like the "natural dipped" (tan) but didn't think it would be of any concern for mine. I'm being extremely critical with this comment but for those ordering their C8's, you might consider getting a black (only) upper dashboard or a darker colour below the windshield to have zero reflection. Something to think about.

2. My interior has grey (off white looking) coloured side bolsters and I'm already getting a bit of smudging on the driver's side edge from rubbing against it when getting in/out. My salesman suggested I not coat it with any protectant seal, since he claims that will only attract more "dirt". He recommended just keeping it clean and suggested that saddle soap works the best. I'd like to know how others have maintained their lighter coloured bolsters and what works best.

3. As others have said, the break-in ended at 805 km and the tachometer changes, so the red line for RPM's increases from 4,500 to 6,500 letting you know that you're now free from any factory restraints and no longer have to vary your speeds or keep it under 4,000 RPM. The start of real fun! :) And note: I was a trusting idiot and generously let a "good friend" drive my car during its break-in and after he assured me he'd not exceed 4,000 RPM. He's owned several Corvettes and still has a C7 so knows something about them. But of course he couldn't resist and after ten minutes on residential streets, he "punched it" and the tach went wild. So a word of advice: let NO ONE else drive your C8 during its break-in period. :(

4. If you don't opt for the Z51 package, IMO I think it a "must" to get the NPP (performance exhaust) option. It compliments the car and driving experience, especially after the break-in period when you can use sport mode and listen to the car go through its gears at higher RPM's. You know you're in a sports car and there's no better way to bring on a smile for you or your passenger.

5. With the top down and the rear camera stowed away, the inside mirror provides extremely limited visibility due to the hump in the rear middle of the car. I don't know if the coupe shares that same hump. As well, the side nacelles amplify blind spots. I'm used to better visibility so this is one major drawback for the convertible and lane changing with the top down in busy traffic can be a challenge. I still prefer a convertible due to my past motorcycle days, and also with its full access to the trunk for things like golf clubs, when the top is down, unlike the coupe when the top panel stowed in the trunk takes up almost all its room. But you don't see the engine in a convertible and many want that view in keeping with the look of exotics. So pros and cons.

6. The electronics and different programming options for the C8, are amazing. I've never had a car this complex. You need to be patient when learning everything the car can do and there are several helpful YouTube videos but the best way to figure it out is practice. For those who ignore these options and just drive the vehicle, IMO you're missing out on fine-tuning it to best enjoy your ride. I suspect I'm not saying anything new for owners of past Corvette generations.

7. The touch screen is really sensitive and I'm wondering if it's just mine. When I go to adjust volume using the knob, my fingers next to the screen will change it from Sirius to FM or AM, without actually touching the screen. So just being close to the screen is enough. Has anyone else had this happen?

8. Finally, the number of people who stop to talk about the C8, is surprising. Just this morning when at 2 shopping centre parking lots for about 20 minutes each, I spoke with 4 people who wanted to know all about the car and how the convertible works with 2 of them waiting until I returned to the car. Then there were the 9 or 10 vehicles that did "slow drive-bys" to see the car close-up.

An amazingly fun vehicle that feels really solid at higher speeds. As many have said: well worth the wait.
A great review... The level of detail is appreciated! I am curious if you could park beside a C7 and take some photos to provide a basis of comparison with a C7 coupe with the top off? Just asking... :)

A great review... The level of detail is appreciated! I am curious if you could park beside a C7 and take some photos to provide a basis of comparison with a C7 coupe with the top off? Just asking... :)

My neighbour has a C7 coupe but it's now "sleeping" for the winter otherwise I'd try to line up a photoshoot for you. I'm still driving my C8 but I'm in the minority for Corvette owners around my town. So you're likely better off surfing the Web for the photo comparison you're looking for.

I`ve done a test to determine my theory of using a cloth ` mesh` to coverup. See pics attached. I think this mesh came from a halloween costume. Dreadful but works and need some refining.
Note I bought the TJUTR polarized glasses on Amazon as suggested here and they do stop the glare BUT also dim the heads up display so you can`t see it on the Honda. So I returned them. BTW I paid $37.00 for them and today `Prime Day` they are $29.60 !
pic2.jpg test1.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: vintageracer
Perhaps you're right that all cars with any colour on the dash, have the same issue. Yours is darker with the red so perhaps it blends in better. I've included a photo of mine with the gray (really it's off white) and the picture was taken early this morning w/o any sun so it's worse with direct sunlight. I'm being extremely critical with this concern, since it's OK but I'd rather have the all black upper dash, and that's just my preference.

View attachment 44665
Just black out the dash grey trim.Problem solved.You could use some sem interior paint or even some quality black out tape and if done carefully would look just fine.Always can be removed later for re-sell

I have owned the HTC for just over a week, and can concur on every single point the OP said. Even our black dash has tons of reflection on the steeply raked windshield.

Went to Canadian Tire, and bought a pack of 2 round convex mirrors. Stuck them to just underneath the side warning LEDs on the side mirrors. Problem with blind spots solved. Total cost? About $7 loonies. Done this to every single car I have ever owned.

Reactions: canadiansteelman

Good review. Thanks

I bought some Ebay polaroid style glasses and they pretty well block out the reflections(one for me, one for the guest).
The heads up display shows through ok, but somewhat dim, so I upped the brightness. I find out that tilting my head slightly on the C8 and Honda, the heads up gets brighter.
Now to test putting a polaroid lenses in front of the PDR camera.

I bought some Ebay polaroid style glasses and they pretty well block out the reflections(one for me, one for the guest).
The heads up display shows through ok, but somewhat dim, so I upped the brightness. I find out that tilting my head slightly on the C8 and Honda, the heads up gets brighter.
Now to test putting a polaroid lenses in front of the PDR camera.
You know that there is a tilt option for the Heads-up display for that exact reason!
My polarized sun glasses have no effect on it. Or at least very little.

Reactions: larryd
The polarized glasses work well for me on the C7 HUD. My new Caddy XT5 has a light beige dash cover and it results in a very annoying reflection even on grey days. The polarized glasses diminish the reflection well. I found that my regular polarized sunglasses are too dark for grey lighting conditions and also obliterate the HUD but the nearly clear set I found on Amazon do the job. However they do result in a slight dimming and colour change of the HUD but at the full brightness level it is still easy to see. Downside is I have to carry 2 sets of sunglasses in the Caddy. Check out the various tint levels of polarized glasses to find one that works for you.

Great post 👍
I think I’ll stay to the way I purchase a vehicle. (Test Drive)😳 I own a C5 with issues I can tackle myself and still enjoying it. With all the issues from purchase to delivery on a C8 plus more issues upon ownership I’ll stay away from it for now and just drool looking at it. Keep posting watching all the conversations. Cheers 👍😎

Great post 👍
I think I’ll stay to the way I purchase a vehicle. (Test Drive)😳 I own a C5 with issues I can tackle myself and still enjoying it. With all the issues from purchase to delivery on a C8 plus more issues upon ownership I’ll stay away from it for now and just drool looking at it. Keep posting watching all the conversations. Cheers 👍😎
I hear ya, but your C5 is likely going to start having big issues soon. My 2k Camaro was beginning to show signs of it's age. Power seats motors going etc. Try and find a motor. Bet the Camaro ones are the same as the C5's. I managed to order one through a dealer at some ridiculous price, which I forget now and a used power seat rack of 3(?) motors. Those kinds of things are hard to replace. I was seriously looking at a resto mod Camaro before the C8 was announced. There are problems with brand new platforms, but I haven't had any real issues myself, knock on wood. They will sort out all the problems by the time 2022's are out and putting a deposit one now you are still likely a year away from ownership. If you ever consider one, I think you'd be safe now.

I hear ya, but your C5 is likely going to start having big issues soon. My 2k Camaro was beginning to show signs of it's age. Power seats motors going etc. Try and find a motor. Bet the Camaro ones are the same as the C5's. I managed to order one through a dealer at some ridiculous price, which I forget now and a used power seat rack of 3(?) motors. Those kinds of things are hard to replace. I was seriously looking at a resto mod Camaro before the C8 was announced. There are problems with brand new platforms, but I haven't had any real issues myself, knock on wood. They will sort out all the problems by the time 2022's are out and putting a deposit one now you are still likely a year away from ownership. If you ever consider one, I think you'd be safe now.
Thanks. Make sense. Still will hold for a C8. Thanks again 😎👍

Reactions: Murray20c8
Perhaps you're right that all cars with any colour on the dash, have the same issue. Yours is darker with the red so perhaps it blends in better. I've included a photo of mine with the gray (really it's off white) and the picture was taken early this morning w/o any sun so it's worse with direct sunlight. I'm being extremely critical with this concern, since it's OK but I'd rather have the all black upper dash, and that's just my preference.

View attachment 44665
colour your light leather on the dash if it is a problem…

Vaughn your review of the C8 HTC was bang on. I loved my Rapid Blue C8 coupe but this HTC is just next level. Can’t beat the HTC for hearing the sound of the performance exhaust. Also from other reviews I learned that driving around in Track mode is totally the best. No more shifting into high gears or V4 and OMG do the downshifts sound good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.