Last thing GM would want is a widespread issue with the C7 engine. Remember these engines get millions of miles on them in the development stage both on the dynos and in the car , they are tested, tore down and tested some more. It cost billions to develop a new model car and engine and they sure as hell don't want to start replacing engines at shop rates. Always some glitches in modern manufacturing and assembly so you might see some blown engines but that is not uncommon for any manufacturer. These trolls seem to be everywhere on the one C7 forum, could be just one guy with a hard on for GM as well.

I worked for a large truck manufacturer in the 70's and we had a few seized diffs on a new product, that comes back to the factory right away as a query on assembly practices as they investigate warranty claims. Those kind of issues are very serious matters for mgmt, keeping warranty costs down is a big deal. Turns out the guy filling the diff with oil had the wrong fill rate on his automatic filler , the diffs were not getting the correct amount of lubricant. Easy fix but got all the way out to the field before it was caught. Stuff happens when you manufacture large scale.

Last thing GM would want is a widespread issue with the C7 engine. Remember these engines get millions of miles on them in the development stage both on the dynos and in the car , they are tested, tore down and tested some more. It cost billions to develop a new model car and engine and they sure as hell don't want to start replacing engines at shop rates. Always some glitches in modern manufacturing and assembly so you might see some blown engines but that is not uncommon for any manufacturer. These trolls seem to be everywhere on the one C7 forum, could be just one guy with a hard on for GM as well.

I worked for a large truck manufacturer in the 70's and we had a few seized diffs on a new product, that comes back to the factory right away as a query on assembly practices as they investigate warranty claims. Those kind of issues are very serious matters for mgmt, keeping warranty costs down is a big deal. Turns out the guy filling the diff with oil had the wrong fill rate on his automatic filler , the diffs were not getting the correct amount of lubricant. Easy fix but got all the way out to the field before it was caught. Stuff happens when you manufacture large scale.

Well said.:agree: I think what is happening is the C7 has a huge target on its back with the trolls. North American car of the year and all the glowing accolades, reviews, performance stats etc that came along with the new C7 and you have a posse of haters from different manufacturers and models. Not that there isn't potential fault with what's going. I think time will tell. If a customer has a legitimate failure GM has to step up and look after the problem and not look for ways out IMHO. If an engine pops in a high end performance car like the vette I think it's unfathomable to try and rebuild it at a dealer level. I often dream of performance mods and tunes but there is no way in hell I'd do anything other than stock factory replacement parts and leave the stock tune. Warranty jeopardy is not something I want to flirt with. I'm so paranoid now I'm even keeping my fuel receipts to prove I am using premium 91 octane just in case there was some type of detonation damage or something related.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.