Featured Thread
Sorry Derek, I didn't mean to come off like a douche or anything. I was simply trying to say that it really comes down to the driver at these power levels, and if there was any 'schooling' involved, it was me quickly learning that I needed to make absolutely ZERO mistakes.

My point was only to say that at these power levels, anybody can win on any given day with a bit of finesse and skill (or luck, if you prefer).

It is indeed fun to discuss, hence this discussion.

Cheers!

Hey I was a bit rough on my reply. I apologize for that. You have the video to back up what you say so that's worth the price of admission right there Man.
You are correct on the driver skill making the biggest difference in this kind of comparison. I like this particular vid as this guy is not all MOPAR or CORVETTE. He, in my opinion, is one of the better youtube guys. The differences in the cars is a common debate but yes, of course, they are not the same in the classification. Which comes back to brute power in a straight line as the only thing we can realistically compare. Tires and driver.... makes the difference.

Look forward to meeting up this summer and having a root beer. :canada:

Thank you @AxeZ06 for posting your video as well. You know exactly what I am talking about. It's a different game when you get out there, isn't it? And it is a thrill. Perhaps the greatest thrill there is!

Jeremiad, I love drag racing. Made my 1st pass ~'72.
The last 15yrs was bikes only, for me.
The last time I raced a car, helmets were for sub 10.0 guys. Now, 13.99 or better, you need a bucket. I made 4 passes in the vette that night, none were good. The video was a 12.40. I'm not totally blaming the helmet.....but it threw me right off, in a car.
Even though I leared to drive 3 on the tree at age 11, there's been nothing close in power as the Z06.
Definitly, finesse is required. I had an 88 mustang, m5, somewhere near 375hp. It was a walk in the park to put the power down (no helmet).
I'll improve this yr. 11.49 is the goal.
Here's me a few yrs back, making my 1st pass on my Hayabusa. (10.40)

The last time I raced a car, helmets were for sub 10.0 guys. Now, 13.99 or better, you need a bucket. I made 4 passes in the vette that night, none were good. The video was a 12.40. I'm not totally blaming the helmet.....but it threw me right off, in a car.
Even though I leared to drive 3 on the tree at age 11, there's been nothing close in power as the Z06.
Definitly, finesse is required. I had an 88 mustang, m5, somewhere near 375hp. It was a walk in the park to put the power down (no helmet).

Nice run and a great shifting touch too... 👍

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann

Thats crazy !! You got bigger cajones than I do,I’ll admit that now !!Those Hayabusa bikes are sick. Had one pass me a few years ago,,,,It sounded like “Airwolf” as he went by. Ride safe Axe Z.

Last edited:
The busa in the video was my '09. Sold it. Thought I was done riding. That thought lasted about 15 minutes. Bought a '13. Got too ill to ride...sold it. Bikeless now, but healthy.
The '99 (1st year) was ungoverned. Since then, 299kph is max. It can be flashed, but......why?...lol.
I pushed another bike i had to 308kph (gps verified).

Apologies for derailing this thread.

Reactions: ddgermann
No apologies required. Perhaps a lot of people on this forum aren't really into bikes, but I would venture to say that is more out of fear or trepidation of them than anything else. I think it is safe to say that we all love speed, almost no matter what it is in (or on). There is nevertheless a lot of riders here - just not so many crotch rockets.

I loved my bikes, and I still have a ported, polished, piped (full exhaust), jetted, stripped, and sprocketed (both) CBR600f2. I know it is just a wee 599cc's, but as an average size guy, I don't like to ride a bike that I can't pick up by myself. My belief is that you should be able to lay it down on a peg with one hand, and pick it back up again with one hand (and be able to do it with both hands, even). Mine is 372 pounds full of fluids, and makes about 110hp to the tire. When I ride it, it is like an extension of my body. I feel completely comfortable tossing it around in corners, and find that I don't have a great deal of difficulty keeping up with even new open-class bikes. To a point, I suppose - if we are just straight-line blasting at WOT for 5km, the gap will continue to grow - but in the twisties, I've never had anyone leave me behind. On a 1/4-mile track, my bike can run high 10's if it doesn't tear your arms off or go over backwards. It is a rush like nothing else that I have experienced. I hear jet airplanes are even better, but I don't like being a passenger LOL.

My bikes were fantastic to me in a few ways. One, they allowed me to go as fast as anything that I could encounter on the streets even when I couldn't afford a fast car. Two, as mentioned above, the feeling of that extension of the body - there is nothing quite like a crotch rocket to make you feel like you are literally flying just a few feet above the ground, and Three (and to me, much more importantly), I learned that going fast and driving like an idiot was stupid, and that when luck runs out, you are going to die! I learned to respect power and speed, where to use it and when, and when to just shrug and wave somebody off.

Again, thanks for the great video @AxeZ06 !

Best of luck to you on that 11.49 - that is my goal with my car as well. Perhaps a bit expensive (anything below 11.50 requires a cage, so you get kicked off the track), but that is a timeslip I want to have too.

Reactions: AxeZ06
4 wheels move the body........2 wheels moves the soul.:thumbs:
Your f2 will last forever. Bulletproof, comfortable ride. I've ridden one, and several f4i's. Always owned suzy's myself. Several 750gsxr's, a couple 1200 bandits (one that hit 308kph was an '01), 05,09,13 hayabusas. I'll be 64 this yr, and I'm seriously considering another busa.
I swapped a buddy for a ride from Gatlinburg TN, to Fontana Dam NC one day (via deal's gap). My busa for his Ducati 1098. Can't put that ride into words, but I became an instant fan of ducs. Took an 1199 Panagale for a demo ride the day I bought the 13 hayabusa.....it was a coin flip.
Can't wait to plow the car through the tail of the dragon this summer!
Ride safe!

Reactions: Jeremiad
4 wheels move the body........2 wheels moves the soul.:thumbs:
Your f2 will last forever. Bulletproof, comfortable ride. I've ridden one, and several f4i's. Always owned suzy's myself. Several 750gsxr's, a couple 1200 bandits (one that hit 308kph was an '01), 05,09,13 hayabusas. I'll be 64 this yr, and I'm seriously considering another busa.
I swapped a buddy for a ride from Gatlinburg TN, to Fontana Dam NC one day (via deal's gap). My busa for his Ducati 1098. Can't put that ride into words, but I became an instant fan of ducs. Took an 1199 Panagale for a demo ride the day I bought the 13 hayabusa.....it was a coin flip.
Can't wait to plow the car through the tail of the dragon this summer!
Ride safe!
Try one of these....love it...more than any of the Ducatis I've owned.
20190215_070620.jpg

Try one of these....love it...more than any of the Ducatis I've owned.View attachment 24873

Beauty. Only mod I see is a tail tidy?
The RSV Factory was on my short list yrs ago. Demo rode one. Beautiful bike that sadly didn't fit me right. (lumbar spine is screwed / fused together). K1300RS....same probs.
The Tuono was fun, and an ok fit, but I do several 1000kms+ days, and can't find a better, more comfy ride than a busa. (ZX14...nope, vfr1200....nope, Connie14.....maybe, just maybe)

Beauty. Only mod I see is a tail tidy?
The RSV Factory was on my short list yrs ago. Demo rode one. Beautiful bike that sadly didn't fit me right. (lumbar spine is screwed / fused together). K1300RS....same probs.
The Tuono was fun, and an ok fit, but I do several 1000kms+ days, and can't find a better, more comfy ride than a busa. (ZX14...nope, vfr1200....nope, Connie14.....maybe, just maybe)
Right on. Yes, for longer rides the Aprilia is definitely not the right choice. Way back in the day I had the first ZX-7 out (1989) and my buddy had a ZX-10. We traded bikes for a few hours. I loved the comfort of his ZX-10 and the shear brute force. He loved how nimble and maneuverable my ZX-7 was. If I was going to do distance the Busa would probably be my choice. Too bad it goes out of production this year.... Tail tidy and removed some emissions nonsense so the bike would idle when hot...also hardwired radar detector 😁

I can't even figure out how to get the launch control engaged... never mind drive with all the nannies off. I'd rather be swooping through curves than drag racing though.

Get your car in Track "Tr" Mode with the nob, press the centre button on the nob twice, select the sub-mode which suits you best. Put it in Drive, press the brake hard, floor it, lift the brake. Launched.

Get your car in Track "Tr" Mode with the nob, press the centre button on the nob twice, select the sub-mode which suits you best. Put it in Drive, press the brake hard, floor it, lift the brake. Launched.
I know! That seems pretty straight forward eh? For some reason I don't think I get the brake down hard initially and floor it fast enough. I have to give it a shot again once the gravel is off the road.

i own a 2018 z06 z07 and a 2019 hellcat redeye both very capable cars the z06 is a track car handles like its on rails stops so hard your dentures fall out the redeye is a complete different animal it is heavy its a rocket in a straight line i have the wide body so it puts a little more rubber on the road you cant compare these 2 cars any one that tries to is wasting everyones time the redeye is north american king of the muscle cars the z06 z07 is the north american king of the track cars excluding zr1 will be able to comment on that in a couple weeks when my zr1 arrives

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread