This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

C7 Wing and Bling

I am loading up on Real Exposed Carbon Fibre -
and not hydro wannabe stuff unless there is no choice for what I would like to "feature".
Have a good look through the Winter Add On Thread.

I am finding it appealling with it not being about what you see from afar
BUT rather what one notices when you are up close ... here's the thread
to check out ... @ddgermann made some awesome add ons

Winter Add Ons

Last edited:
Rear diffusers... 100%

Not sure about the big wing. I didn't like them before I saw the ZTK on the ZR1. Now I am not so sure anymore. If I would've bought the ZR1 I would've got it with the ZTK. I would love an active one for sure.

I don't want any wrap on my car as I like the clash between the Torch red and the Carbon Fibre. But that being said, I factory ordered my car to the "T" so it is (almost) exactly how I want it. I'd like to get more carbon fibre on it, like the stage 3 spoiler. Didn't think it was worth it then but now I regret. lol.

And the rear end... I have the diffusers in the Garage. Just too afraid to put them on... This Summer I (almost) swear !!! lol

And I'm not the only one liking it to this degree apparently. Even some S*theads appreciate it so much they feel the need to go park their s*tbox up close. This happened in a 30-car parking lot which was about 5% full.

So much for not being an a*hole and park at 45° taking two parking slots. Watch me next time.

And if age really matters on tastes, I'm 28. Your baby, your decisions.

I really have to wonder about people that do stuff like this. Is it jealousy, plain hate or just want to be an anal aperture. Hopefully your car didn't take any of the green paint with it.

Not even going to say what I think but likely he (or she) would have had to lay on the ground to see out of that passenger side mirror..... That is disgusting... He (or she) was definitely just being a dick....

Maybe it's the goldy locks scenario. I'm not a millenial nor am I a baby boomer but right the middle as a generation X. My opinion is mod the heck out of it. I started moding my 15' about a month after I bought which includes the APR GTC Wing and aero pack. Since then I've wrapped the car in carbon fiber white, rims, wider tires to compliment the performance upgrades to get to 625 Whp. Just this weekend I bought the morimoto tail lights and the five 1 rear upper scoops and as soon as spring comes I have a new wrap design being put on ( modern Camo).

Attachments

• IMG_20190819_192606_470.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20190819_192606_471.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20200101_133913_622.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: Tango
Sometimes “less is more”. I truly think that the C7’s are gorgeous just the way they are. Perhaps, if you feel the need to modify yours, subtle changes can be a nice touch, but pencil me into the category about the wing......Just say no.
Dale.
P.S. for your informal poll, I’m 55. Listen to the old men in the crowd. The wing might be like a face tattoo.You might like it now, but in a few years, you might be thinking WTF did I do?

Reactions: tyho
I have no problem with functional aero on cars that can use it, no matter how stupid it looks. Function > Form for me. That said, unless you're in the upper echelions of driver performance, AND you're driving on high speed tracks (which most aren't), then a wing isn't going to make a noticeable performance difference. If you want your car to look better, and you think the wing looks good, go for it. I think big wings on street cars are silly, but that's because of my Function > Form mentality, and that big wing blocks your rear vision, may make the car less usable cargo wise, and makes your fuel economy worse. Unless you're tracking it, there is no benefit.

Reactions: Cariboocreek
View attachment 35498

So much for not being an a*hole and park at 45° taking two parking slots. Watch me next time.

And if age really matters on tastes, I'm 28. Your baby, your decisions.

They do it on purpose. It happened many times on my regular 4runner. They do it on purpose and I've had to climb through the passenger door and one time I had the GF put it in neutral and had to push the truck out to be able to get in. I won't say what I do on the forum but they regret it when they go back to their car.

Haha I think with my performance mods fuel economy is out the window for me at this point. I even had to tune out that eco mod in order for the car to function properly. I even now run meth injection just keep thinks cool. I'm all about the power and the base power was just not enough for me. In the dyno I used I'm doing 100 more whp over the base z06 and I still wish I had more but biggest tire I got on the z51 was a 305 and just not enough tire but man at the high end it's something else.

Yeah, luckily it was on the passenger side so I could get in and move the car to let the wife in. They did not touch the car. Would've been a real bad day for them if they parked that way on the driver side trust me....

Something that'll you'll get you your money's worth, is a CAGS eliminator.

Reactions: OL Yeller

Ok I did a little search too and check this video out, bringing the RPMs to 2500 and dropping the clutch in 2nd gear for a smoother ride when stuck in traffic. This reminds me when I used to offroad and crawling in ultra low gears, I'd use second or 3rd gear because the first was too low and would jerk the truck.

Something I never see when I drive. Guess I drive different than most. Same with my C6. Had the CAGS defeat and never installed it... Matter of fact still have it in stock... lol...

Not my bag but the stripe I could tolerate. The mirrors.... not so much
Yeah it might look a little corny to have red mirrors. The stripe might just be enough.

I was also thinking a stripe where the vent is, I haven't seen anyone do that yet. But drawing a stripe on the picture I don't think it would look good. Might look like the 80's police car.

It's all a matter of personal taste., so make Unique by making it yours.
I am no stranger to Modding cars but I opt for doing mods that make a Car stand out while still blending in, if that makes sense. With the Vette, I fall in to the crowd that goes with " less is more"
My other Summer Car has many many Mods but is seamlessly integrated and may look fairly Stock to someone less familiar with the Platform.

Reactions: Tango
First things I'm going to do I think is to install Oracle side markers in black so no more red and orange markers. See picture below what it looks like.

I'm also going to tint the rear hatch which is legal. I wish I could tint the sides but law states The front side windows of the vehicle must let in at least 70% of light when measured with a photometer. While doing some research the cops in my city seem to hassle those who tint their side windows. They might send them to a safety check or a fine plus a safety check! I will ask the tint shop how much the front one are and I bet it's already 75%. Freaking sad if I can't put anything. The tint on the car below would of been awesome but I don't want to risk it