I sent a letter to GM and asked that same question, they kindly replied and told me the cars list price in Canada is higher because we have a stronger economy...ya right! Guess they figure we all just fell of a turnip truck!

We do have a better economy--at least they gave you a straight answer.......

although I would rather hear something a little easier to swallow, at least they make no bones about telling you that their cars are priced wherever they think that market will bare....

I sent a letter to GM and asked that same question, they kindly replied and told me the cars list price in Canada is higher because we have a stronger economy...ya right! Guess they figure we all just fell of a turnip truck!
Yes your economy is stronger because you folks did a lot right over the last 10 years but thats no reason to stick it up your azz .Grossly unfair .What about buying say a Honda built in Japan ? Do the Japanese stick it to you or is it only the US ?

Yes your economy is stronger because you folks did a lot right over the last 10 years but thats no reason to stick it up your azz .Grossly unfair .What about buying say a Honda built in Japan ? Do the Japanese stick it to you or is it only the US ?

everybody sticks it to us elf. we pay the highest cell phone charges in the world. homeowners insurance is unregulated, mine just increased by over 24% without any reason or explanation. a bottle of booze made in canada can be purchased in the states far cheaper. our different levels of government make noises from time to time about inequities but essentially do nothing about it. i wouldn't hold my breath in expecting anything close to parity in car pricing. it is in the government's own best interest to have higher canadian pricing because of the additional tax money they rake in. :swear: doug.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.