Casual User
Ontario You're Celebrated
Jun 10, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2016 Mercedes C63S
Province
ON
Why are C7 prices so high versus fall 2020. I could have purchased a Grand Sport 2019 for $75K in September and now a 2017 is that price. What gives?

Good on you. Much respect.
Sorry this is off topic but to finish it off: It's easier for us as we are on 10 acres and my partner is a retired vet tech. But I encourage anyone looking for a dog to consider an older dog, there are so many out there cast off after years of loyalty and love. And once you've done it you'll know why we do it: there's nothing like the love of a truly rescued, old soul. makes me feel like I'm a better person than I really am...

Got to say that I'm one of the ones that prefer the traditional round tail lights and flip up headlites on my C5 roadster, as well as the 6 speed stick and just the overall styling. Yes the ones after that are gorgeous cars for sure but to each their own ! Maybe the more Vettes styling changes the values of the earlier ones might go up. JMHO !

That 78 is fun and has AC and a few other creature comforts. The car I was actually referring to is my 69 427 BB convertible but and bolt restoration car. That car is an absolute blast to drive, the sound of the engine at idle makes you smile.
Ah your 427 sounds amazing! My 78 didn't have a/c...so it was hot in the summer with a black interior. Taking the t-tops off didn't help much on hot days. The only option it had (I bought it used at 6 years old) was power windows, other than the L82 package.

Supply and Demand...
The Supply-Canadians can no longer buy newer pre-owned Corvettes in the US at a reasonable price due to the exchange rate this keep the Canadian supply at a minimum for example a US bought 2019 Grand Sport 2LT coupe with under 10,000 kms would cost about $87000 CDN +HST after importing so it makes sense the average person will pay the same here for a Canadian car without the hassle of buying and import from the US
The Demand-Buyers can't just walk into a dealership to purchase a new Corvette off the lot they have the money burning a hole in their pocket and they'll opt to purchase "like new" low kilometre 2018-19s then it's a snowball effect down to earlier model C7s and even later model C6s which have risen substantially in price also we've had multiple clients who were on the reservation list for C8s that didn't want to wait any longer buy C7s
This is what my point was earlier exactly.

They will come down once again across the board when the C8's start coming out more consistently, until then its going to fluctuate considerably. Sellers will get to capitalize on the market (as they should) and buyers will need to spend more or wait. I'm the latter, I'll be waiting for prices to come down as the markup is insane currently, or I will just buy a different car all together. Definitely a terrible time for a buyer.

Reactions: Vettari
With the current chip shortage the 2021’s could be further delayed I assume and the Z06 too.
Rey frustrating but I also will wait until some price sanity is in sight.

at the risk of sounding smug i got one of the last stingrays, strategically equipped, added front ppf and ceramic coating, for 75k all in. I keep it immaculate as its my dream car. I've been offered 80k for it said no, but was pleased that for once i have a car thats holding its value. for me performance is scary. would i consider a c8...of course but i want to keep my 7 as well. its ok to get greedy as one gets older

I recall prior to the much anticipated C8 release, that the world would come crashing down on all C7 owners, that their investments would be worthless. That appears to have been fake news. The C8’s are absolutely beautiful, but I remain very happy with my C7.
I tend to agree , the C7's are very cool and still have the "Corvette look". I have a C5 and am fine with it because I still like the flip up headlites and the roundish tail lights.

Reactions: OL Yeller
Why are C7 prices so high versus fall 2020. I could have purchased a Grand Sport 2019 for $75K in September and now a 2017 is that price. What gives?
Read some of the explanations which I believe is happening: more interest in C7, some still like front engine, great styling - I love my C7. I was in at my dealer to-day to place my C8 order - was on 2021 list and there was a 2014 stingray convertible - 2014 - not equipped as well as mine. Sticker price - wait a minute - you won't believe it? $65,800.00 -yes!!! Mine is a 2016 with 19,000 km on it - not a mark on it - with way more options. Crazy!!!!

I tend to agree , the C7's are very cool and still have the "Corvette look". I have a C5 and am fine with it because I still like the flip up headlites and the roundish tail lights.
I loved my 2003 C5. A few things I did not like: damn light up and down when not needed - eg. go into my garage - well lit and they come up, top was manual - not a big deal and the interior was mediocre; however, I loved the style and rear lights - it was loaded - only 24,000Km on it when I traded ii in for C7 - it was sold the next day. Enjoy. I love my C7 - loaded - someone is going to get a beautiful low mileage car when I trade it in for my C8.

Reactions: BDK and Rruuff Day