Casual User
Ontario You're Celebrated
Jun 10, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2016 Mercedes C63S
Province
ON
Why are C7 prices so high versus fall 2020. I could have purchased a Grand Sport 2019 for $75K in September and now a 2017 is that price. What gives?

When I buy I will post what I bought and paid. Not likely for a while though with these silly prices. Good luck at your end too. I also will not buy a multi owner car

Reactions: Honch
When I buy I will post what I bought and paid. Not likely for a while though with these silly prices. Good luck at your end too. I also will not buy a multi owner car

I bought a one-owner, no-accident 2014 Z51 3LT 7MT with dual roof and 31,000km and paid $46k in Sept 2019. From a dealer. They were on the fence until I said I'd buy a GMPP which was $2300 for bumper-bumper warranty until sept 2021.

Reactions: Buff
I bought a one-owner, no-accident 2014 Z51 3LT 7MT with dual roof and 31,000km and paid $46k in Sept 2019. From a dealer. They were on the fence until I said I'd buy a GMPP which was $2300 for bumper-bumper warranty until sept 2021.

I purchased a 3LT Z51 2018 Vert in May of 2019. It shows a retail of more than I paid when I purchased it. I agree supply and demand have a huge influence on prices. That is the reality of these covid times..
Also for pets as we found out...our elderly dog passed away last fall, and supply of puppies is limited with sometimes long waiting lists...and prices have doubled since pre-Covid. We were still lucky to have gotten one...but something we've never experienced in 40 years of having dogs.

Also for pets as we found out...our elderly dog passed away last fall, and supply of puppies is limited with sometimes long waiting lists...and prices have doubled since pre-Covid. We were still lucky to have gotten one...but something we've never experienced in 40 years of having dogs.

We have 7 dogs and they are the latest in a total of near 30 over as many years and they all cost us nothing, zero. All were death row dogs: older, often with medical needs, abandoned or surrendered, scooped a day or two before euthanization as they were deemed unadoptable. Like who wants a pair of bonded 10 year old sisters and one has lupus. They fill our house with love and boundless joy.

We have 7 dogs and they are the latest in a total of near 30 over as many years and they all cost us nothing, zero. All were death row dogs: older, often with medical needs, abandoned or surrendered, scooped a day or two before euthanization as they were deemed unadoptable. Like who wants a pair of bonded 10 year old sisters and one has lupus. They fill our house with love and boundless joy.
Good on you. Much respect.

Reactions: 61ratvette
Why are C7 prices so high versus fall 2020. I could have purchased a Grand Sport 2019 for $75K in September and now a 2017 is that price. What gives?
One reason is lack of C8 availabilty but the main reason I think is the fact that the C7 is the last of it's kind, a true American style Corvette. The C8 is more of a European looking sports car and does not appeal to everyone especially some of us old school guys. The C7 is the last manual car and with the traditional front engine, beautiful lines, great power, handling and technology and will hold it's value quite well. It really is the pinnacle of Corvette development in the front engine style which we have all loved for over 60 years. When I am driving mine I still can feel like I did in 1976 with my first Corvette, a 1972 convertible with a 350 4 speed manual. The only difference is the C7 is so much better. This is just my opinion of course but I beleive it enough that last March I ended up buying 2 2019 Grand sports. Did not intend to but was having a hard time finding a manual car and bought an auto. Then 2 weeks later found the manual with the options I wanted and bought it as well. My wife thinks I am crazy, she may be right bit I really enjoy them both and have no regrets. I did not buy them for resale as I intend to keep them for as many years as I have left but I am not surprised that they are proving to hold their value.

Supply and Demand...
The Supply-Canadians can no longer buy newer pre-owned Corvettes in the US at a reasonable price due to the exchange rate this keep the Canadian supply at a minimum for example a US bought 2019 Grand Sport 2LT coupe with under 10,000 kms would cost about $87000 CDN +HST after importing so it makes sense the average person will pay the same here for a Canadian car without the hassle of buying and import from the US
The Demand-Buyers can't just walk into a dealership to purchase a new Corvette off the lot they have the money burning a hole in their pocket and they'll opt to purchase "like new" low kilometre 2018-19s then it's a snowball effect down to earlier model C7s and even later model C6s which have risen substantially in price also we've had multiple clients who were on the reservation list for C8s that didn't want to wait any longer buy C7s

One reason is lack of C8 availabilty but the main reason I think is the fact that the C7 is the last of it's kind, a true American style Corvette. The C8 is more of a European looking sports car and does not appeal to everyone especially some of us old school guys. The C7 is the last manual car and with the traditional front engine, beautiful lines, great power, handling and technology and will hold it's value quite well. It really is the pinnacle of Corvette development in the front engine style which we have all loved for over 60 years. When I am driving mine I still can feel like I did in 1976 with my first Corvette, a 1972 convertible with a 350 4 speed manual. The only difference is the C7 is so much better. This is just my opinion of course but I beleive it enough that last March I ended up buying 2 2019 Grand sports. Did not intend to but was having a hard time finding a manual car and bought an auto. Then 2 weeks later found the manual with the options I wanted and bought it as well. My wife thinks I am crazy, she may be right bit I really enjoy them both and have no regrets. I did not buy them for resale as I intend to keep them for as many years as I have left but I am not surprised that they are proving to hold their value.

I hear you on the C3's you owned and I acknowledge the c7 and c8 are technically better cars but nothing replaces the feeling of driving a muscle car. I mean how many people here go to the track? 1% maybe. Todays corvettes are beautiful and fast but even more, the computers in them make the worse drivers in the world look like they know what they are doing. 80% of newbies buying c7/c8 wouldn't know how to drive a true muscle era Vette if their life depended on it. I personally dont want or need a computer driving for me. You won't see this guy waiting in line for a 100k plastic computer on wheels. No offence intended to those who like modern Vette's, to each his own.

• Haha
Reactions: Dik
I hear you on the C3's you owned and I acknowledge the c7 and c8 are technically better cars but nothing replaces the feeling of driving a muscle car. I mean how many people here go to the track? 1% maybe. Todays corvettes are beautiful and fast but even more, the computers in them make the worse drivers in the world look like they know what they are doing. 80% of newbies buying c7/c8 wouldn't know how to drive a true muscle era Vette if their life depended on it. I personally dont want or need a computer driving for me. You won't see this guy waiting in line for a 100k plastic computer on wheels. No offence intended to those who like modern Vette's, to each his own.
From your photo, you appear to have a similar Silver Anniversary model as my first Vette was...L82 4 speed. Loved it for 15 years, followed by 15 years of a C5 M6. I have fond memories of both, but have to be honest that my 2019 M7 is my favourite. I don't go to the track...they've all been my daily drivers...the C3 I even drove to work and back, winter & summer. The best scenario would have been to keep all 3, but that wouldn't have been possible. A friend of mine has the 75 C3 that his dad bought brand new, and loves it.

The great thing about the C7 is you can turn the computer nannies off.

Reluctantly I am going to have to sell my 2019 GS coupe. I spent about $4500 on upgrades and it only has 9000 km on it. I would appreciate advice on where to advertise it to get the best price. I advertised it for a while late last summer on two of the major consumer sites but all I got was stink bids. I'm in Lethbridge, AB.

From your photo, you appear to have a similar Silver Anniversary model as my first Vette was...L82 4 speed. Loved it for 15 years, followed by 15 years of a C5 M6. I have fond memories of both, but have to be honest that my 2019 M7 is my favourite. I don't go to the track...they've all been my daily drivers...the C3 I even drove to work and back, winter & summer. The best scenario would have been to keep all 3, but that wouldn't have been possible. A friend of mine has the 75 C3 that his dad bought brand new, and loves it.
That 78 is fun and has AC and a few other creature comforts. The car I was actually referring to is my 69 427 BB convertible but and bolt restoration car. That car is an absolute blast to drive, the sound of the engine at idle makes you smile.