I couldn't agree more with Doug's comments, you only live once, you can't take it with you. Kds these days are making more then their parents so they sure don't need it. The Vette is a lifetime experience. If you plan your life right, you should die broke and your final cheque should bounce LOL

I couldn't agree more with Doug's comments, you only live once, you can't take it with you. Kds these days are making more then their parents so they sure don't need it. The Vette is a lifetime experience. If you plan your life right, you should die broke and your final cheque should bounce LOL

Hehe. I said to my mom after my dad passed, when you pass and the will is read, if I get $5.00 or owe someone $5.00, then you did it right mom.

Have you considered leasing? you only pay the tax monthly, you get the chance to invest the rest and make a little more, if the car doesn't measure up it's easier to get out of it, you can still buy it after the lease runs out if you want too and make things like the warranty extension decision at that time..... like you say it's a big ticket item, why not give yourself a bit more control? Food for thought....

Leasing would be a great option if the interest rates were better. GM Financial leasing rates for Corvettes is 7.99%. Although through Dealer the finance rate is a bit better at 4.99% most people are better off borrowing money from other source at 3-4% except that usually that rate is not fixed for a long term like 7 yrs and is a secured loan against a property.

Now if you put $30000 down and then lease for 3 years, even with a 7.99% interest rate your monthly payments would come to about $750 (inc 13% Ontario taxes) on a well equipped 2015 C7 2LT Z51 with an MSRP of $ 70000. Over 3 years it would end up costing you around $ 57000 inc 13% Ont taxes for a vehicle that would otherwise cost you over $ 80000 inc 13% ont taxes. And you will have the option at that time to decide if you want to own it for around $35000 + taxes.

For the provinces with lower taxes it works out to being way better!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.