Here's a pic
Screenshot_20200130-142334.jpg

Reactions: Tango
I'd move and/or get a big dog!! Alarm system etc.

I can tell you this much, no one is getting in the house ever again unless they break down the front windows. The doors forget about it no one is getting in. I designed, built the doors ,walls and locks. I had a central alarm for 5 years and I don't use their service anymore. On average an hour an a half before some rent a security person would show.

The object here is key fob signal theft or easy getaway at the mall or in my driveway.

Buy something in a tinfoil lined bag. I bet that would work...lol... Im gonna wrap my fob in tinfoil and try it... hehe.... Interesting they stole the Audi signal. I know my fob doesn't activate my car automatically until I'm within about 3 metres

I would put a switch in line with the fuel pump fuse That should be easy to find and tap into with a couple of spade connectors. If it does fire, it won't run very long before it dies. The thief will be on his way quickly at that point.

I would put a switch in line with the fuel pump fuse That should be easy to find and tap into with a couple of spade connectors. If it does fire, it won't run very long before it dies. The thief will be on his way quickly at that point.
Ziggy, I want to purchase a good small portable air compressor and tire patch kit to carry in my car. I have one bought from CT - not good for car tires - would overheat and die, I would think?

While I keep my baby in the garage whenever I'm not behind the wheel, I also take the step of putting both Keyless Entry fobs in a metal can with a lid because my key storage area is near the front door. I use one of those Christmas candy tin boxes, about 5" X 5" X 4" high with a lid. As with the bag, it acts as a Faraday Cage, disrupting or blocking any signal from the fobs to a receiver breadboarded together from internet plans. Reports have been circulating that some of those receivers can pick up a fob signal from as far away as 30 feet, after the thief's transmitter sends a universal signal to activate the fob. This way, the bad guys can't even tell there is a signal from my house. I know I'm being paranoid, but as the CIA motto goes, "Am I being paranoid enough?".

Many people keep those boxes kicking around anyway for knick-knacks or in their home workshop so I am not spending extra coin, and I don't fumble around with a bag all the time. I'm not overly worried about being in a crowd situation and somebody picking up the fob signal from my pocket - most of the time there are many others with the keyless entry for various other cars and those signals are not discriminatory i.e. you can't tell whose signal you're picking up.

I've also heard, but can't confirm, that several fobs kept together even out in the open, will foil a thief as the signals get intermixed.

Plus, my 2019 has a built-in "MAD" (Millennial Anti-theft Device) a.k.a. manual transmission.

Buy something in a tinfoil lined bag. I bet that would work...lol... Im gonna wrap my fob in tinfoil and try it... hehe.... Interesting they stole the Audi signal. I know my fob doesn't activate my car automatically until I'm within about 3 metres

I have left over lead for toilet flanges from a new high rise building. They are new and aren't dirty they are cut to size during the final and discarded, I saved them. I could line a tin box. Not sure if it would really block the signal though.

I have left over lead for toilet flanges from a new high rise building. They are new and aren't dirty they are cut to size during the final and discarded, I saved them. I could line a tin box. Not sure if it would really block the signal though.
lol... not sure how handy carrying around a lead box in your pocket would be... jk... I'm going out to have coffee with her soon.... gonna try the tinfoil

lol... not sure how handy carrying around a lead box in your pocket would be... jk... I'm going out to have coffee with her soon.... gonna try the tinfoil

Ha ha very funny! A small tin box with an inner layer of lead inside the house sir. The boxes I see on amazon look cheap and are they legit?? I'm going for the starter switch and maybe a faraday pouch I can put the fob in and hang it on my belt when I'm out. I'm not too fond of having a big corvette fob in my pocket where the inscriptions wear off.

The primary way to block a signal is to enclose the signal generating device, in this particular case, the RFID chip in your key fob, in conductive metal - i.e. steel, or aluminum, or gold, or copper, etc. That is what a Faraday Cage is designed to do. Faraday Cages also are employed by military to negate the effects of EMP/Electromagnetic Pulse to protect military electronics as are generated by nuclear detonations. In the military, these are found on hangared aircraft , or radio receivers to basically route the electrical charge around the electronics and grounding it. For that use a steel (or other conductive metal) is employed, usually as a tight weave mesh draped over the object. But for radio wave signals to be blocked it is best to enclose the object to be protected in a conductive metal full enclosure. For example, a metal box with a fitted lid to prevent stray radio signals escaping.

Late Life Crisis

Sounds like you got a junkie problem.. they are easy to find and easy to put in their place once you find them, I had a problem in brookswood (Langley bc) for about a week last year, until we located their safe house and got all our stuff and other Peoples stuff. Sad that Police can’t or won’t do anything.

I also live in the country and should someone try to get within 30 feet to steal my codes, they will be met by man eating, blood thirsty, and Cujo like, poodles. Imagine being met by one of these in the dark....View attachment 36438View attachment 36439
He looks mean.... But in all fairness I'd be pissed and mean too if someone did that to my hair ...if I had hair.... .. ;)

I have been concerned with the theft issue for a while now for my vette and my other vehicles as well I have found a engine immobilizer that you can buy it is installed in the fuse panel and comes with a key fob that you have to press before the engine will start and I believe they cost in the 250$ range I have also considered putting a GPS tracker on mine in case they come and load the car and that can be bought for about the same price or slightly more. I will be doing one or both of these before I spring.

Before I got a house with a garage, my car was parked in my condo parking lot in the open. I never worried about it being parked at home. If anything, someone keyed my 2nd corvette when I was downtown once for dinner.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.