Hey guys mine is auto and pops every time it shifts when I have it to the floor. Its is normal as it's the baffles at full opening so I'm told by my service manager who is a friend of mine. I am not sure if the manual transmission does it but I don't think it does and that's only a guess on my part. Weather it's a Z06 or Stingray I would stick with the auto in either one buy that is my personal preference. There is more that enough power in the Stingray that I'd rather have both hands on the wheel for when it breaks loose. There are four new Vettes on my street and they are all automatic. They are awesome running cars weather they are manual or automatic Z06 or Stingray. Enjoy the cars!

Reactions: ddgermann
DSCN6418.JPG
Have to agree .... Been a manual guy most every vehicle I have had.....

For instance, this is my pickup... turning 20 pretty soon... 7.3 powerstroke.... manual 6 spd..... Just got back from pulling the fifth wheel to Drumheller for a music festival and still smile when I can pull out and pass traffic anywhere I want.... almost as much as doing it in a Corvette....... :Smuggrin:

DSCN6414.JPG

the popping may just be the shifting upon hard acceleration mine pops at every shift during WOT or close to it

Jeff
Thanks Jeff, I'm concerned there maybe a problem. I'm told should not be a pop any mode. My POPs all modes even in Track race. You are now the first person to tell your Z06 AUTO pops too.
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering tells me the a problem in the tuning MAP Sensor ....hmmm
thanks again for the feed back.
enzo

you might have misunderstood me
when starting from zero and WOT at every gear change the gas is cut off and the engine seems to POP when changing into the next highest gears,

it is a base not az06
Jeff

Was on the fence also, my brother as a '17 Z06 auto vert and it shifts nice, went to Tremblant race track for some lapping with him and my 2016 Scat Pack Challenger 6sp manual, had fun, tried the Z06, altough very efficient was missing some fun factor and check engine came on due to overheat (trans fluid temp) then rode shotgun in a '17 Z06 coupe manual and WOW ! I was hooked..
2 weeks later I am now driving a '17 GS 7sp manual and loving it !
Prices in Quebec province where down by +/- 12% and financing @ 0.99 :Cheers2:

PS If I had no intention to track the 'Vette, I would consider the auto, it IS very good

Bonus for you Alain. Wow... 12 points on a GS is a great saving.... And yeah.... there's something about having that extra pedal that just screams fun.... :thumbs:

I agree with you fully Eric, never ending fun! I would never trade it for the automatic as long as I have the use of both legs. The only reason I went with the automatic in the 70 BBC, no traction control = big big trouble!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.