Thanks friends for all for the valuable feedback.
I finalized and decided to buy 2016 Z51 2LT, Mylink with navigation, Magnetic selective ride, Carbon fibre interior trim, hood insert exposed carbon fibre weave, carbon flash badge package, long beach red color, upgraded carbon Aluminum wheels and it comes with Auto transmission! Got 19% off total.
I tried both auto and manual and felt comfortable with Auto. It's 8 speed with paddle shift is equally responsive so got along with new technology shift.
I just have to find my own financing options which I think is better than what dealer is offering.
I will put on pics once I get hold of it :)
Should I get extended warranty (2yrs) and vehicle armour (5 yrs) from dealer costing 2500 and 1735 respectively?
Cheers!

Hey congratulations, beautiful car and great deal. You are going to be super happy with the car. It will be hard to take it easy for the break in period - remember the first oil change interval is between 800-1000 km for all dry sump equipped Corvettes.

Personally I would pass on both the options you mentioned. Some bias from years associated with auto retail. extended warranty is a super high profit item for dealer and plans have a lot of loop holes so collecting can be an issue. If your financial situation is such that you can not possibly risk anything then go for it but it is a lot of $$ for little protection. The vehicle armour can be purchased at after market specialty shops for half the dealer cost and from discussions on this and other Corvette forums there seems to be some debate on the quality. I can not comment on that as I have never purchased it as I see little need for it even though I tend to put close to 20k a year on my Corvettes.

Thanks friends for all for the valuable feedback.
I finalized and decided to buy 2016 Z51 2LT, Mylink with navigation, Magnetic selective ride, Carbon fibre interior trim, hood insert exposed carbon fibre weave, carbon flash badge package, long beach red color, upgraded carbon Aluminum wheels and it comes with Auto transmission! Got 19% off total.
I tried both auto and manual and felt comfortable with Auto. It's 8 speed with paddle shift is equally responsive so got along with new technology shift.
I just have to find my own financing options which I think is better than what dealer is offering.
I will put on pics once I get hold of it :)
Should I get extended warranty (2yrs) and vehicle armour (5 yrs) from dealer costing 2500 and 1735 respectively?
Cheers!

19% Nice!

That is the biggest discount I've heard of in Canada so far, great negotiating. You're going to love the car!

Congrats BBb. Ur VIN# was on my list of negotiation but I went with M7 instead from a Toronto dealer that had on the lot what I built online a year ago. You got a great car and slightly better deal than me. However, my deal two months ago included an excellent discount including 0% financing. I also traded a 2006 Z51 M6 that I bought 5 years ago. Only lost $2000 from what I paid 5 years ago for the 2006 vehicle. Wishing you many smiles putting miles on that vette.

Reactions: BalleBalleboy
I spent just over 6 weeks this Summer aiming at 10% off during the 0% financing that was to expire at the end of July. Tried very hard for a 2LT Z51 but could not even get 5%. So off I went in the same City to another Dealer and managed a respectful 10% discount & 0% financing on a bit more car 3LT Z51. I estimate my realized discount at about 15% from the total GST included amount. In August I saw either a $10k off OR 0% financing GM offer (not both) + whatever Dealer discount you could get on top of that. I did see dealers with one or two 2016 models at about 17% off MSRP but the 0% no longer can be applied. If you pay with cash ... awesome ... but if financed then the so called 17% discount would not be realized. I still see a few Alberta Dealers in October are showing deeply discounted internet pricing - many of which are manual rides. During the Summer I had a few Dealers offering me a better counter-offer pricing on one of their manual vehicles (and I think that might say a little bit about that). I would hope the Dealership that had you consider an automatic over a manual did so because you were actually balancing the choice on a scale. Either way you choose is awesome as long as it is your "educated" choice. I would otherwise run from unsolicited advice just because that would not pass my "smell test" as a buyer. I trust you will find pure enjoyment with your new ride and you might find it looking rather close in appearance to mine (pictured in the New User Section). Yours is loaded with the carbon fibre where mine is spec'd with the 3LT (no carbon fibre trimming). I decided to forgo extended warranty and get a car cover for storage (also a photo for that) Have FUN with your Stingray and CONGRATS!

Last edited:
Reactions: BalleBalleboy
Congratulations on your new car and a very good deal! You got what you wanted (agree with thread advice to do just that) and you will love it.

Just as a point of comparison, after attending the Ron Fellows Corvette Owners School I paddle shift my A8 about 80% of the time I drive it. The only times I don't are when I am in heavy stop and go traffic, and long highway trips where I want a break.

Vette1.jpg Thanks bros! Great to be part of Vette family. Sometime next year we should all meet up!Vette1.jpg
Vette1.jpg

Reactions: Tony Gull
Gorgeous Ricky. Congratulations and thanks for the great picture of not only a beautiful car but a beautiful fall colour shot as well. You will so enjoy that car. Your smile tells the story we are all familiar with all too well. :thumbs:

Eric

Track = stick, DD = auto. My C6 was a DD A6 (with a COW tune, Corsa Extreme) and I could not wipe the smile off my face when behind the wheel.

19% cut!!! Man, how can you say no? I have noticed a great deals in the Edmonton region in the past year (.... excluding Sherwood Park).

Hey Guys,
I'm in Toronto looking to buy 2017 LT2 manual but my dealer asking me to reconsider it as they most over 90% corvettes as automatic. Though I know it's personal preferences but what you suggest as most of the vettes sold as automatic?

They also akind of suggested me to get it delivered by October. What do you think good time or get it in spring?
Also 4.99% financing is little higher. Any better suggestions?

Appreciate your responses.

Best Regards,
Ricky
If your wife that is if your married can't drive a standard they buy that one. Lol. I am in Woodstock and when I ordered mine in December the dealer had 5 2017 in the showroom and 4 were auto. It's still your choice but I do admit I had to buy an automatic because the wife wanted to drive it to work one time only. Great choice either way.. If your looking for a great deal on a new 2016 convertible grey in color my dealer has one reduced by 10K

A lot depends on your personal preference and where you are going to drive it plus your budget as the 8 speed auto is roughly $2000 extra. Both trannys are excellent. Fuel mileage and acceleration are virtually identical. Personally for a true sports car I am a traditionalist and prefer the manual 7 speed and the distinctive sound and feel produced by the manual shift - my wife prefers it too for the same reasons. However if I was doing the GTA commute every day I would seriously consider the auto. I The M7 on my first C7 (2014 Z51) and Got it again on my 2017 GS coupe. Love them both but the GS best. Your dealer is not telling you the complete truth. According to the figures released by the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green production of automatics represented just over 75% of 2016 Corvette production and steadily rising. The figures for Canada are closer to 60% automatics for 2016. Your dealer may be motivated by what he can currently lay his hands on. There was a significant shortage of M7 transmission models for 2017 early in the production cycle as there was a serious delay (6-7 weeks) in the start up of production of for the Z51 and GS models with the manual transmission. Unofficially this was caused by the decision to add an additional cooler to those models which were equipped with the M7 transmisssion. The automatics did not need the additional cooler as they already have the extra cooler for their automatic transmission. Subsequently dealers had to fill their allocations with automatics or loose their allocation. So many Canadian dealers have a surplus of automatics right now.

If you take delivery after September your 2017 will already be a model year old so I would certainly take a spring delivery or stipulate that it be a 2018 as 2018 production starts in early July. The 2018 models will be unveiled at the Corvette Museum bash at the end of April. Great event to attend. It is only about a 10 hour drive from the GTA. Google National Corvette Museum for details. While there do the guided tour of the assembly line which is around the corner from the museum.

If you delay placing your order you may find some good deals on dealer lots by the summer as C7 supply is now exceeding demand in the US. There are lots of discount deals now showing up all over the US. The only problem with this is dealers often load up their inventory cars with high margin cosmetic options (lots of carbon fibre trip pieces)that boost the MSRP. Getting $5000 off a car that has $10,000 of options that you have little interest in is not a deal.

Check out the high volume Corvette dealers around the GTA -Wilson Niblette, Markview??, Humberview and Gateway to name a few and you may find that they have something in storage that suits you. If you are ordering a base model or Z51 there are some really good deals showing up around Ontario on new ones on dealers lots. Check Auto Trader.

Good luck.

He already bought one, although that is fantastic advice Dave!

Except for one correction I just HAVE to make:

'Fuel mileage and acceleration are virtually identical.'

Simply not true. By most peoples' driving habits, they will absolutely get worse mileage with a manual transmission. But who cares? You don't buy these cars for their gas mileage although ironically, we talk about how good it is all the time. lol.

Also, unless you are a very skilled driver with a manual, the automatic will cream you every time. In fact, in all of the reviews I've read, the automatic is faster than the manual with all professional drivers so far in a straight line, although often the manual can be faster around a track.

In summary really, the automatic is just as good, probably actually better than the manual for most people. So the question is, what is YOUR preference? If you prefer the automatic, then buy one with no regrets! You will love it.

However, I myself also prefer a manual, and I don't even care if I can't shift as fast as the automatic, I just really enjoy that I am controlling it. The car does what *I* say, whether my wife likes it or not! I also appreciate that my wife couldn't even drive it if she wanted to because it has three pedals, and she only has two feet! It's MY car. LOL.

I bought a Z06 auto and would never look back. As much as I am 52yrs old, I would never have imagined buying an auto before this car. Regardless what many think, the Z06 is being bought with the auto at somewhere around the 75% mark over manual. If you are asking, I am telling you this much power makes the auto a no brainer. I am not alone. Look at the trend of performance cars and auto transmissions lately and, even now, rumor is the Vette will be auto only before long. As well, go to Youtube and ask yourself why the guys destroying their new Z06's are the manuals; they are there.

Now...that is me and it is the Z06, not a Stingray. The Stingray isn't quite the beast as the Z but it is a powerful machine in its own right. If you want a manual, get one or you will always be kicking yourself. If you really want an auto though, get it or you will find yourself trading just like a friend of mine did with his 15Z06 manual...now a 16 Z auto.

Welcome!
HI , I would agree autos are better, I too purchased a 2017 Z06 Auto and love it however, I get a loud POPING SOUND at a hard acceleration 5000 -6000 RPM transmission may not shift. The POPING HAPPENS 5200, 5500, 5800, 6200 rpms EACH RUN will vary. No one seems to know what's going on. GM WILL DO NOT DO ANYTHING THEY say it is normal. I disagree.
Have tried hard acceleration 5000 - 6000? Have you any knowledge of this POPING.

THANKS ENZO

HI , I would agree autos are better, I too purchased a 2017 Z06 Auto and love it however, I get a loud POPING SOUND at a hard acceleration 5000 -6000 RPM transmission may not shift. The POPING HAPPENS 5200, 5500, 5800, 6200 rpms EACH RUN will vary. No one seems to know what's going on. GM WILL DO NOT DO ANYTHING THEY say it is normal. I disagree.
Have tried hard acceleration 5000 - 6000? Have you any knowledge of this POPING.

THANKS ENZO

I have run the hell out of this car and no popping whatsoever.... and I do mean run the hell out of it. I have also done countless launches where that would have been very evident. My thoughts, however, are to go to the dealer and have your transmission reset to new. It is a computer flash where you once again train the tranny just how you drive. I have heard of people with the popping having this done with success.

THANKS ENZO

the popping may just be the shifting upon hard acceleration mine pops at every shift during WOT or close to it

Jeff

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.