YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
I struggle to find anything previous on this forum in regard to this question.
Saw a lot of answers in other forums only to see that the repair is being done on a Camaro:Banghead:
So....
Very strange noticing that a Brand New Corvette C7 in a nearby dealership that had what looked like a dent (crease)
on a quarter panel. Another fella was nearby and we wondered if it could
be remedied with the paintless dent repair (PDR) process (as in with hail damage).
So wondering if anyone out there has had misfortune in this regard and if a paintless repair (PDR) is possible for an anomaly like this. :Confused5:

Last edited:
I have no idea if you could repair the panels. Being that their molded in their shape, not stamped like steel, I doubt you could massage a crease out of it.
I pretty much figure that you and I are in tune with many ... we have no idea.
So curious am I to ask ... and we will see ... as I struggle to let some questions/wonders like this go without knowing.
Thx

Interesting twist for me on this thread today.
I took up on an offer after chatting with a fella who did my Corvette Rock chip Repair
telling me of a fella to talk to who does PDR. Following our chat, I am left with the
impression that Corvette panels can apparently be "Born this Way"
and it is not uncommon with cars made of the similar material to have/show ripples.

Modern corvettes are pieced together from polyresin reinforced panels, can't remove a dent or damage as per metal, cutting and replacing damage is difficult, new panels aren't cheap but the end results are flawless

Reactions: Cruzin
Guess I'm going to find out as well. Ran into unexpected gravel road. Despite doing 30 km/h, this was the result. car damage.png

That's not so bad, remember repair is all in the prep work. A little time making a great repair means a much better paint result. Not a professional auto body, however I have restored many corvettes, and love the build, restore and seeing the results. Cheers

Going to get an insurance assessment and talk to the body shop about a repair. Maybe they can repair it, otherwise it will be an insurance claim and replacement I guess.

Lesson learned... check the highway hotline before you plan a trip! I got to see the solar eclipse in Casper, Wyoming though!

Ouch...that does suck... I drive 2 km of gravel from my farm to the pavement every trip... I usually drive 15 Kph and never faster than 20 kph. Coming home, I pull over after I leave the asphalt and let the PSS tires cool down before attempting the 2 km back home.... Rockers and guards help a lot too.

Eric, when I get to the pavement I weave the car back and forth like a NASCAR guy on steroids. I find the gravel really really sticks to the Pilot Sports and once up to speed they start tossing the gravel that was stuck. Thus the weaving procedure and it does work, sometimes I do a bump and run on the 18 and that makes me feel better too. :Biggrin:

Reactions: Pep
Going to get an insurance assessment and talk to the body shop about a repair. Maybe they can repair it, otherwise it will be an insurance claim and replacement I guess.

Lesson learned... check the highway hotline before you plan a trip! I got to see the solar eclipse in Casper, Wyoming though!
Nice. I saw it in Payette Idaho. It was something else. Would've liked to take the vette too but we were going too far elsewhere so had too much gear. Is that damage in front of the back tire? It almost looks like it rubbed on something.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread