Guess I'm going to find out as well. Ran into unexpected gravel road. Despite doing 30 km/h, this was the result. View attachment 10919

If it is very recent ... you might be successful with a "comprehensive" claim on insurance which will not affect your rates if deemed a result of flying objects or something like that ... but I did find out my rock damage inquiry to insurance could not be delayed or hypothetical. You have to jump into the "insurance puddle"
with both feet to find out. Mine was for lots of gravel on paved highway and repairs were covered. I hope for similar good fortune for your repair.

Reactions: ddgermann
Yep, I looked at the gas station exit on Google and that makes a lot more sense. No yellow paint though. There was a camper turning in and I had to cut the corner of the exit a bit. I must have just run the passenger side tire over the curb and scraped that area just behind the tire. I heard a scrape, but thought maybe it was just the rubber under the nose. Apparently not. Thanks guys, that makes a lot more sense now that I think about it.

Yep, I looked at the gas station exit on Google and that makes a lot more sense. No yellow paint though. There was a camper turning in and I had to cut the corner of the exit a bit. I must have just run the passenger side tire over the curb and scraped that area just behind the tire. I heard a scrape, but thought maybe it was just the rubber under the nose. Apparently not. Thanks guys, that makes a lot more sense now that I think about it.

Yup that sucks DDH. We all want a redo when that stuff happens. The panels are easy enough to change out on Corvettes and you will likely require a new full panel as I would not expect any repair to last there.
I really feel for you in this but I'm betting there is a bunch of us really curious to hear beyond insurance, what this actually costs to do and what options you are given.
Like raw new panel then paint or can you get a new panel already factory painted?

On the bright side at least you know you can gently take a gravel road if you get caught and not have that damage as it is only one side damaged.

All the best.
Derek

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread