Ntmd8r

RIP
You're a Regular 2 You're 10
Jan 27, 2009
Richmond, B.C.
VetteCoins
I don't know if we can find this info for Canada.

Deal-2_2.jpg

It would be a very short list if they had to sell 50 'Vettes in 8 months to make the list. Considering Canada only received about 800 C7's in the entire 2014 model year. You can't sell what you can't get. Hopefully we see more flowing north of the border for 2015.

@C7Driver

I think you know some dealers did just that. They "sold" these vehicles but never delivered. I come across so many hopefuls on this forum who have been waiting well over a year for a C7 with no vehicle and stuck with a deposit of upto $ 25K.

Weird, I live literally in the middle of nowhere and I have seen five or six up here and more in the GTA and out towards London. I have to say that my opinion has changed of the C7 from not so nice to looks pretty darn exotic.

Including used/imports? :D

No actually they were from GM's production numbers posted on one of the other forums. They showed a 122 C7's coming into Canada just in July , a big pickup from back in Jan/Feb when only about 300 2014's had been exported to date. Still way below what our market can support.

No actually they were from GM's production numbers posted on one of the other forums. They showed a 122 C7's coming into Canada just in July , a big pickup from back in Jan/Feb when only about 300 2014's had been exported to date. Still way below what our market can support.

I don't know about that... It has been very unusual for Canada to receive much more than 1000 cars in a model year in the last 25 years... Our market does not support much more than that, except in a "surge" year, like right now.. I hope I am wrong and the car sells at these levels going forward, but usually, the first year or two is higher than normal and then it settles in at about 800-1000 cars/year.

What is sad are the amounts of Z06s brought in...unless you dealers have heard different numbers since GM released their memo ststing they hoped to really push Z06 sales this year.

What is sad are the amounts of Z06s brought in...unless you dealers have heard different numbers since GM released their memo ststing they hoped to really push Z06 sales this year.

Nope.... Z06 will not be readily available in Canada in quantity for at least 18 months. That does not mean there won't be any, just that it will be a small number, likely not 3 digits but certainly not far above, which doesn't go very far when spread over the Great White North... Ihave heard it suggested that there will be less than 50 dealers even get an allotment for the car this year..

This magic number of 28 has popped up over and over again...I don't know if it is BS or not but MANY dealers threw out this number when I searched all dealers for a Z06 a few weeks back. I got a very similar number ... 27... from a highly placed friend in the US side of things. That all seemed to be prior to the memo that was posted elsewhere that spoke of GM wanting to really push a higher volume of Z06s though. It makes me wonder if the 28 number was only...or originally... an initial allotment and a subsequent number to be determined dependent on how the car is selling.

This magic number of 28 has popped up over and over again...I don't know if it is BS or not but MANY dealers threw out this number when I searched all dealers for a Z06 a few weeks back. I got a very similar number ... 27... from a highly placed friend in the US side of things. That all seemed to be prior to the memo that was posted elsewhere that spoke of GM wanting to really push a higher volume of Z06s though. It makes me wonder if the 28 number was only...or originally... an initial allotment and a subsequent number to be determined dependent on how the car is selling.

I think the 28 is low... Simple math tells me that Owais has said he gets 2, and the dealer that you are dealing with in QC gets 3... There is no way that any dealer gets 3 if there are only 28 in Canada... And there is no way Gateway gets 2 if there are only 28. This tells me there are likely more like 100 in the country...

Like the MY14 dealer was told 5, but at the end of the year they had been given 9.

I think some dealers have been told what the annual number will be, but the official allocation is a lower number. The 28 is the initial commitment to dealers for the first few consensus'. And then they will release more as the year goes on.

Just my speculation

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread