Hello everyone. I’m a new Corvette owner. 2019 stingray 2LT. Love the car so far....hate the factory tires! I’m sure they are awesome on the track but not so much at my acreage. I will literally pick up every and all rocks leaving my gravel driveway. I have done a lot of research here on the forum and understand that Michelin makes a very good all season performance tire.Pilot Sport A/S 3+ I believe that I hear people are quite happy with. My question is I have heard people have had issues with the factory alignment settings on some corvettes. Is this something that I should have looked at? Possibly before new tires? What exactly was the problem? Also what is a reasonable amount to ask for my factory 245/35ZR19...285/30ZR20 with 500kms on them?Thank so much!
With our 2005 C6 base model, the front tires were wearing on the inside and would have been worn out within 20K miles. After checking around and talking to an alignment guy in Peterborough, Ontario, we just zeroed the front wheel camber before installing new tires. Looks like there will be way more than 20K miles in these tires. He told me that I might notice a slight bit of wandering above 130 mph. I'll never get much past half of that, so all should be well.

Reactions: OL Yeller
north gate does nice oil changes and wheel alignments as per the specs I posted on the other thread

s p chev sucks

I bought my first Corvette last year and it’s a 2017 GS. I’m in the edmonton area and would like to find a dealership that I can trust enough to take my car to them. Do you know if any of the edmonton dealers have a designated service tech that works on Vette?

I bought my first Corvette last year and it’s a 2017 GS. I’m in the edmonton area and would like to find a dealership that I can trust enough to take my car to them. Do you know if any of the edmonton dealers have a designated service tech that works on Vette?

If they sell Corvettes they have trained techs. Some better than others. Sherwood Park had some very good techs and Northgate currently does.

If they sell Corvettes they have trained techs. Some better than others. Sherwood Park had some very good techs and Northgate currently does.
I appreciate the response. Trained and someone who actually takes their job serious are two different things. I was hoping to find someone in Edmonton who was taking their Corvette to a local dealer who they trust

Personal Message sent … :thumbs:

though those who know me, may
already know it's recommending content :angelic:

Just replaced my Sport CUP2's with Michelin A/S 3+. Loved the CUP2's but had the same problem with them picking up every rock on the road. Also had the factory alignment changed to street values. Love the new tires and hoping the change in alignment will get me more life out of the tires.
Good to know M A/S available for the C7! Only 14,000 K on mine; but, soon, I guess. Where did you buy them? Costco is a big M retailer and prices are usually 25% - 30% less than anywhere else.

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii
Good to know M A/S available for the C7! Only 14,000 K on mine; but, soon, I guess. Where did you buy them? Costco is a big M retailer and prices are usually 25% - 30% less than anywhere else.
I found Costco to be great for pricing too. Although online adds an install price.
I am not too crazy about Costco installing on Corvette Wheels so
I will buy tires online and pick them up at the Store to install at a Corvette Dealer (or like).
I get a credit back on to my credit card for the install amount at that time.
Going to be watching for the new AS4 for my C7 that the C8 apparently has from factory.

I found Costco to be great for pricing too. Although online adds an install price.
I am not too crazy about Costco installing on Corvette Wheels so
I will buy tires online and pick them up at the Store to install at a Corvette Dealer (or like).
I get a credit back on to my credit card for the install amount at that time.
Going to be watching for the new AS4 for my C7 that the C8 apparently has from factory.
Yes, exactly what I would do when I need new tires. Thanks. Great minds think alike - LOL.

I appreciate the response. Trained and someone who actually takes their job serious are two different things. I was hoping to find someone in Edmonton who was taking their Corvette to a local dealer who they trust

Perhaps my response wasn't clear. As much as the sales dept at Sherwood Park is below par, the service department do have some very good Corvette techs. From mechanical to cosmetic stuff. Northgate is also a very good bet for your Corvette. My cars have been in both shops with great results and I was able to have good chats with the techs.

• Agree
Perhaps my response wasn't clear. As much as the sales dept at Sherwood Park is below par, the service department do have some very good Corvette techs. From mechanical to cosmetic stuff. Northgate is also a very good bet for your Corvette. My cars have been in both shops with great results and I was able to have good chats with the techs.
Thanks for the response. I'm just very concerned with taking my car in for service and it leaving my sight

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Thanks for the response. I'm just very concerned with taking my car in for service and it leaving my sight

I totally understand. I often was allowed to watch and chat while stuff was being put on my car. And with oil changes, They would actually call me over and report every step to me so the experience was actually quite good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.