JayzDaMan

I'm New Here
Oct 11, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2019 C7 Stingray
Province
AB
Hello everyone. I’m a new Corvette owner. 2019 stingray 2LT. Love the car so far....hate the factory tires! I’m sure they are awesome on the track but not so much at my acreage. I will literally pick up every and all rocks leaving my gravel driveway. I have done a lot of research here on the forum and understand that Michelin makes a very good all season performance tire.Pilot Sport A/S 3+ I believe that I hear people are quite happy with. My question is I have heard people have had issues with the factory alignment settings on some corvettes. Is this something that I should have looked at? Possibly before new tires? What exactly was the problem? Also what is a reasonable amount to ask for my factory 245/35ZR19...285/30ZR20 with 500kms on them?Thank so much!

Attachments

• B54284D3-0C5C-4539-8D98-01F6BCB0B1AE.jpeg
    B54284D3-0C5C-4539-8D98-01F6BCB0B1AE.jpeg
    498.2 KB · Views: 51
When I drive down the road, there's no rocks left as my tires pick up everyone and even rocks that are imbedded in the road!
You will find that when the streets are clean you won't have this issue. The factory tires are great, but if you choose to drive in the off seasons when the weather is iffy (I just described Alberta weather for the year) early spring and late fall, all-seasons are better.
The car had a final alignment before it leaves the factory. The large tires on the front will find all the ruts in the road and want to "track", but that's the characteristic of wide tires. The hwy will provide a much better drive. I would defiantly hold off on the alignment until you get a few thousand kms (10,000 or more on the car).

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I’m a new Corvette owner. 2019 stingray 2LT. Love the car so far....hate the factory tires! I’m sure they are awesome on the track but not so much at my acreage. I will literally pick up every and all rocks leaving my gravel driveway. I have done a lot of research here on the forum and understand that Michelin makes a very good all season performance tire.Pilot Sport A/S 3+ I believe that I hear people are quite happy with. My question is I have heard people have had issues with the factory alignment settings on some corvettes. Is this something that I should have looked at? Possibly before new tires? What exactly was the problem? Also what is a reasonable amount to ask for my factory 245/35ZR19...285/30ZR20 with 500kms on them?Thank so much!

Your corvette came from the factory with a more track suitable alignment. This is standard. Many have adjusted this. Put on the tires and alignment that suit your usage of the car. No worries there.

Here is a thread that will answer that question for you.

Thank you very much for the quick replies and additional info! Much appreciated! Any idea on the value of the stock tires when I sell?

Thank you very much for the quick replies and additional info! Much appreciated! Any idea on the value of the stock tires when I sell?

About 50% of the new price is a good starting point. Depending on the manufacturing date. It's hit and miss. I had a brand new set of sport cup 2s on here for less than half of new and got 0 replies on them. I ended up giving them away.

Sadly used tires - even though low mileage- are like used furniture, you can't give them away. If you can get 50% of new you would be doing exceptionally well.
I had a similar issue on my SSR and spent big bucks to replace the tires and found virtually no difference in the gravel issue and to this day I still have the original SSR tires and rims in my shed and I can't even give them away. Hate to see you make the same costly mistake.
You don't mention performance as the issue but mainly gravel kicking up on the finish. So perhaps as an alternative you live with the tires you have and instead invest in splash guards and rockers. ACS makes great stuff and they are easy to install yourself if you are so inclined. You still get the gravel from the tires but the finish is protected and once these tire wear out you can then change over to the latest and the greatest. Just my opinion based on hard earned experience.

• Agree
Reactions: Cariboocreek
I'm also considering going to the AS3 tires on my Grand Sport. Your take off Pilot Super Sport tires do have some value. Post them on the forum first then Kijiji if they don't go here. Plenty of people with GS or Z06 stay with the OEM tires and would like to save a few bucks on replacement tires.

You might want to consider splash guards as well to protect sides from gravel hitting the sides? Ziggy knows which ones to buy. Also, I added the OEM spoiler and side skirts - black to mine - would look great on your car. :cool:

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
You might want to consider splash guards as well to protect sides from gravel hitting the sides? Ziggy knows which ones to buy. Also, I added the OEM spoiler and side skirts - black to mine - would look great on your car. :cool:
I have the ACS carbon flash xl splash guards. Just have to put them on. Are your OEM spoiler and side skirts carbon flash as well? Cost? Thanks again.

I have the ACS carbon flash xl splash guards. Just have to put them on. Are your OEM spoiler and side skirts carbon flash as well? Cost? Thanks again.
No CF: I just went with the black: $1000.00 for side skirts & $600 for spoiler - GM Dealer body shop installed both as the labor was a fair bit cheaper than regular service technicians (they get pd. $50.00 per hr.) Very happy with both - sets the car off nicely. I am also adding a rear sway bar ASAP - order from non OEM ( GM doesn't provide) & get the shop to install - find at high speeds going into a tight curve rear end not quite as solid as I would like. ACS is the company !! I haven't bothered with the splash guards - don't drive a lot and live in the city; but, if I were to drive more, I would get them for sure - not an expensive mod.

If you have storage, you might as well keep them
as a back-up emergency set (if ever needing them).
@ddgermann pretty much hits the nail on the head
as so many are out there trying to sell used tires.
You may have best fortune from a Corvette Club
Tracker who may want a back-up set. But even
they will not buy for much. So they are pretty
much keepers or very near give aways.

I am considering the All Season Michelin that
the new C8 is coming with from the factory.
I just have to find them. Otherwise on the high
end of price, I was looking at AS3+ZP (run-flat) and
on the lesser priced end the Continental non-ZP
as a few in my nearby-circle run with them (@turbozig)

Otherwise I am running the factory tires until I need
replacements without any issues other than a short
driving season. Are you YYC or YEG in Alberta ???

Reactions: Tin-can
If you have storage, you might as well keep them.

FYI Michelin is a huge brand of Costco: my wife and I bought all season tires for our SUVS - saved over 30% vs other stores.

• Informative
Reactions: YFCvii
FYI Michelin is a huge brand of Costco: my wife and I bought all season tires for our SUVS - saved over 30% vs other stores.
Thanks and yes, I bought the New Bridgestone Runflat from Costco
as a Supply Only. They are on our Chevy Trax and are Gr8. We had
them installed at my favourite GM Dealer.
I have my sights online at Costco and 1010tires for these new Corvette
Michelins (Supply Only of course) ... still watching ...
Costco had the added store credit which really brought the net cost
within reason as we used the credit to buy groceries that we would
normally buy regardless ... I really like the Executive Membership
"net" Costco supply only pricing.

(each and every other on here will have their own preference
for tires of course)

Last edited:
If you have storage, you might as well keep them
as a back-up emergency set (if ever needing them).
@ddgermann pretty much hits the nail on the head
as so many are out there trying to sell used tires.
You may have best fortune from a Corvette Club
Tracker who may want a back-up set. But even
they will not buy for much. So they are pretty
much keepers or very near give aways.

Thanks for your input. I’m just outside of Edmonton in Sherwood Park.

Reactions: Dik
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.