tayman1975

2 You're 10
Sep 1, 2010
Lloydminster
VetteCoins
Car
2007 corvette
I must say one thing. I am a member with canadian and usa corvette forums. I live in Canada Alberta. I can say the us forum is a way better forum just the way its set up. Theres nothing barely for sale on this forum i find.

I'm glad you find the us forum better. They are a good forum however, I like the general feeling of this forum better and find our members fantastic. Just to ask, what is the point of this post? Just to let us know how small we are? Your topic states C6Z06 yet your post states nothing about your car. The for sale section also includes a wanted section so if you are looking for something, post it up! Someone might have what you are looking for.

LOL, I think everyone should gather 10 friends and bring them into the fold.
They may not have a 'vette but you can bet most want one and what better way to get to know the cars and their owners and promote activity here.

Of course the US forum has more 'stuff' and might be a little better organized:
With 303,000 members and countless staff to look after everything, one would expect that.

Let's participate more here and promote our site in any way that we can to build it into something we want.

From what I've seen, all 1300 members we have are decent folk and great to talk with, socialize with, and generally deal with.

In some ways I really like 'small', but understand that as time passes, things improve, and we accumulate more members and that growing is inevitable.

So rather than complain about things and how others are better and this and that, why no go about promoting, changing, and growing things here at home.

We've all visited other sites and other brands -- there's a myriad of them -- but coming home is great and what I enjoy most..

C.

Must be a full moon , lots of weirdos out :rofl:

This forum has run for years with no BS , I guess as we grow its hard to weed out the bad seeds :(

Its always been a fun safe place , with no one passing judgment .

If you don't like it here , than get lost , we don't need your negative input :canada:

I personallly like this forum much better than the us one just because it's got more of a "small town" vibe to it. The us forum definitely has more content, but here, everyone's friendly and willing to help out.

I logged on to the other forum one time and never went back. Bunch of guys bragging about how much money they got. Like it here and still visit even though I haven't had my ride for a little while.

I personallly like this forum much better than the us one just because it's got more of a "small town" vibe to it. The us forum definitely has more content, but here, everyone's friendly and willing to help out.

I feel the same way--and trying to sell something on the US forum is a pain. Too many vendors "bumping" their threads and hawking their wares to find good stuff in any amount of time anyways. Most of the time, if you find a deal, shipping kills you and the random person selling their random things is always reluctant to ship to Canada as well.

You need a really good search feature on that site to weed through the garbage.

Less action here, but members have names I can put a face to--or at least imagine a face to. More honesty here too--because less places to hide.

I wish our forum was a little busier, but I'd never want it to get like the US forum. I feel like a person with a certain accountability here--and maybe even credibility too--with my fellow memebers here. Over there? I'm nothing but a number.:boxing_smiley: ALWAYS WANTED TO USE THAT SMILEY.......

Last edited:
The US forum is better as far as buying stuff. Open your ears and stop judging on such a short sentence. Cant i like one better. Its like a *censored* there both great but you prefer one over the other. Get me

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be nice to see more guys on this one. I know its alot smaller as far as size since Canada is way smaller than the US. I generally myself like to go on the forums to buy stuff. Im not much of site hanger. I chill with guys in person not of a keyboard where you can't express emotion over a stupid computer. Say what you want i dont care. Im just speaking an opionion which we all have different opionions. Good day boys.

Hey Taylor,

You can definitely say that you like the other forum better. That's not a problem. The issue is that your post does nothing to help the forum but just says that it's not good because there is not enough stuff for sale. Your post just comes across as an insult to the forum and nothing more. We can't make people sell more stuff on here. Once I get rolling on things, I can add a section for strictly Corvette stuff, however, as the forum is small, it doesn't take very long to scroll through any new stuff people post.

Please do not type swears or other offensive language on here. It's in the rules and we don't need that language on here. Thanks!!!!

I'm new to Corvettes and this site this year, and feel quite comfortable with the guys. Carl even owned the Lemans Sport, that I built a few years ago. There are three Dasilva built cars at our cruise nights, so Manny's name comes up quite often. If I want, I can drive down to Breslau to see him and have work done. As more people become aware of the site, I'm sure it will grow. Check out "Canadian Poncho". It's a Canadian web site for Canadian Pontiacs. It's doing fine in a limited market so I'm sure this one will do well too. There was a post a while back about Tee shirts and hats. What a good idea to get the word around. Now that I think about it, I should have ordered a pair. Am I too late?

I'm new to Corvettes and this site this year, and feel quite comfortable with the guys. Carl even owned the Lemans Sport, that I built a few years ago. There are three Dasilva built cars at our cruise nights, so Manny's name comes up quite often. If I want, I can drive down to Breslau to see him and have work done. As more people become aware of the site, I'm sure it will grow. Check out "Canadian Poncho". It's a Canadian web site for Canadian Pontiacs. It's doing fine in a limited market so I'm sure this one will do well too. There was a post a while back about Tee shirts and hats. What a good idea to get the word around. Now that I think about it, I should have ordered a pair. Am I too late?

Hey Keith, Not late -- Rob has a spare tee and hat that I've asked him to leave behind and paid for and it'll be at Manny's -- I think the Large will do you just fine -- the sizes are a little on the small side not large side -- If you don't want it I can probably find someone else to take it. The spare hat is there too.
I answered in your other thread on HATS and TEES in the NEWS forum.

Talk to you soon.

Colin

Thanks for the positive comments Kieth!

Keith -- Let us know when you're coming and we may be able to hook up at Timmies and talk 'vettes and 'the Valley'.......Haven't been down that way for a while.

If some of the fellas are free I'm sure they'd like to chat too.

C.

Now, how can you not like this site. E-mail me with details on where to send the money and I will see about getting down that way for a drive. We have relatives in New Hamburg that we could visit on the same trip. [email protected]

Cool -- As you know, New Hamburg is only 45 minutes west of here....Let me know when you're coming and we can hook up at Manny's.

Yeah everyone I've met is great. Helpful, friendly, great peeps who know a lot about 'vettes too. Manny's will make the trip even more worthwhile.

Cheers,
C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.