This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

C6 starts but won't stay running ...

Thanks, i'll go over the grounds again ...

Tough one.... No codes lends me towards a fuel problem. Be nice to check fuel pressure at the rail when it is running... ECU/ECM can also shut the engine down if it senses something weird going on... like low oil pressure (why I'd asked about pressure....)... That's about the extent of my guesses... Good Luck...

Have you checked the fuse panel BLUE connectors under the passenger floor board? If you had a passenger that applied the imaginary brakes, the floorboard could of of pushed against the connector casing it to shift and not making connections on some of the wires.
This will cause all kinds of alarms, etc. Undo the connectors and check the pins, put dielectric grease on the pins and reconnect.
This may fix your issues. If the issues go away, then put spacers (pencil erasers) so the floor board cannot touch the connectors.
This may not be your problem, but it won't hurt to check.
Good Luck

Attachments

• Electrical Fuse Panel in Passenger Foot well.pdf
    351.2 KB · Views: 35
Looks like we finally got it figured out, had to replace the ECM, now it needs reprogramming for the engine addons, cam, etc .... at least it keeps running now, so looking forward to my 1st cruise weather permitting ... update: programming done and it's running like a champ!

Last edited:
Reactions: BDK
This is somewhat ironical ! Just had to replace the ECU on my '09 C6 Z06. Could start the car
and be driving along when the engine just shut down, no warning ! Sometime could do 50 -60km
with no trouble; other times car wouldn't even start. Garage got GM techs involved and the ECU
was isolated as the cause. With fingers crossed, no problems for the past 3 weeks.

Tony

Glad you got it sorted out Tony, how many KM on your car, mine has 40,000 ...

How is your fuel pump?

Clean the battery and starter cables terminals well... That should fix it it. Im a licensed tech.