Manny has done this mod to quite a few customers. It's on my mod list. I was able to try this mod and it is awesome, especially when compared to the long throws of the stock C5 shifter.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I have a C6 Z06 shifter in my C5 and its 1000% better that the stock C5 shifter. Its not as stiff as most of the aftermarket performance shifters and very precise as compared to the C5 version. I did the install myself as its fairly easy, but I'm sure Manny can take care of it for you.

I have a C6 Z06 shifter in my C5 and its 1000% better that the stock C5 shifter. Its not as stiff as most of the aftermarket performance shifters and very precise as compared to the C5 version. I did the install myself as its fairly easy, but I'm sure Manny can take care of it for you.

I have to agree. I was hell bent on getting an MGW shifter until I felt the difference between it and a C6 shifter conversion. The C6 conversion has significantly shorter throws(compared to stock C5), amd is buttery smooth compared to the MGW. I'm not saying that MGW (or others) are poorly built or anything, I just preferred the feel of the C6 one better...and it's cheaper! Just my opinion. I'm sure there are lots of guys that swear by the aftermarket ones.

With a lot of the aftermarket stuff, as in the old days, they went to very short throws. Sounds good in theory, but you do lose mechanical leverage which makes them harder to shift from a mechanical stand point. Some of the old aftermarket shifters had two different sets of holes that you could use depending on whether you wanted the long or short throw. I always used the longer throw and never had the slightest problem shifting and that covers well over 250K miles. Give me quality parts. I don't need hype. Our '05 shifts just fine the way it is although it might work a little better with a longer throw and a little more leverage.

With a lot of the aftermarket stuff, as in the old days, they went to very short throws. Sounds good in theory, but you do lose mechanical leverage which makes them harder to shift from a mechanical stand point. Some of the old aftermarket shifters had two different sets of holes that you could use depending on whether you wanted the long or short throw. I always used the longer throw and never had the slightest problem shifting and that covers well over 250K miles. Give me quality parts. I don't need hype. Our '05 shifts just fine the way it is although it might work a little better with a longer throw and a little more leverage.

Very good point, Keith. For me it was all about the feel between the two shifters, not the build quality. The OEM conversion felt so much nicer with no break in needed. I'm sure the MGW once broken in would get better, but I just didn't like it. Just a personal preference and not an attack on anyone who prefers the feel of the aftermarket shifters.

I have the B&M Ripper in my car. Same as the Hurst shifter and it is stiiiiiiiiff to pull. However, I am used to it and like it. I've never tried a C6 shifter and if I still had a stock C5 shifter, I think the C6 option would be my first choice.

I've tried a few in my Vette. I found the stock was very sloppy, Hated the Hurst, MGW was OK but too stiff for my liking, C6 Z06 shortened with an 8 ball knob is perfect.
I can change a shifter in about 15 minutes now. lol :canada:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.