Chizzler13

I'm New Here
You're 5
May 29, 2016
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2007 conver
hey guys I just bought a c6 convertible 2 weeks ago sometimes when I drive outta 1st gear and 2nd gear she bogs a little bit. Any ideas? and I'm from Toronto anyone know of any good corvette mechanics in the area?

I like questions that are so easy to answer.

1)Drive to Breslau to Dasilva Motorsports.
2)Let Manny/staff member drive your car.
3)Pay for necessary repairs.
4)Go back to enjoying the wind in your hair at crazy speeds.

Cheers,

Garry

Last edited:
The problem with modern cars is the complexity of them. I am not sure there are too many "back yard" mechanics who can effectively work on modern cars. I cannot imagine the expense involved for mechanics these day with diagnostics tools. I look at the motor in my car, know where oil goes and hope for the best with the rest.

I really hope you can get it sorted out with minimal expense. I can only tell you that Dasilva Motorsports has looked after my car very well and would not hesitate to recommend Manny to you.

You will get it sorted out. We really like pictures here so post up a couple of your new ride. Hope you enjoy it, they are indeed a lot of fun.

It has been my experience that most mechanical problems are actually simple ones. They can just be bears to diagnose. An example, I went to start my sprayer this spring to get it ready. It started, ran for a few minutes, started to miss and died and would not restart. So, always start with the simple things. Changed the fuel filters. Nope. Discovered a sediment bowl, cleaned it, no difference. Then moved on to the lift pump, seemed fine, pumping it by hand produced fuel at the fuel pump once we cracked the inlet hose. So then onto the fuel pump, cracked the six injector lines, no fuel coming out. OK so problem lies with fuel pump, right? Pull the injection pump, take to diesel engine place, they find a piece of plastic from the fuel pump timing locking pin had broken off. We were happy! Bring pump home, install, nothing! So leave problem for after seeding.

Pull pump again, take to diesel engine place for complete test, all is fine, pump is even considered to be in very good shape. Frustrated. Add external electric pump bypassing lift pump. Sprayer starts and runs! Reconnect original lift pump, starts, runs, stops..........reconnect external electric lift pump and it runs once again.

Lesson learned - while lift pump was pumping fuel, it was not of the volume/pressure necessary to operate the injection pump.

Solution, acquired new lift pump to hopefully be installed today! Cost - $110 vs the original $2400 we had been trying to spend for a rebuilt injection pump.....................thankfully at the time we couldn't find one either.

So here's hoping that Manny can wave his magic wand and bing bang boom it is a simple and inexpensive repair.

Good luck!!!!!

Cheers,

Garry

Hey Chizzler! Welcome to the forum!!!

Strong recommendations for Manny here as well. He should be able to get you sorted out properly. Hopefully all it will need is for the transmission to get tuned and remapped if it's a transmission issue, or Manny can find the sensor that is causing the engine to bog.

Either way, he knows Corvettes so you're in great hands with him..... Now, how about those pictures? :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.