Feb 15, 2012
Wellesley,ON
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z06
I just finished installing an aftermarket HID kit on my C5. It hasn't been my favourite mod to do(lots of swearing):swear:. Anyway, I drove to work(during daylight) with no issues or problems. However on my way home(at night, with HID's on), my DIC said service abs, traction control system. My question is; Could the power going to the HID ballast be interfering with the abs unit? I drove it today again during the day and didn't have a problem. I know that some guys who track their Vettes have to be careful with what braided stainless brakeines they use because some brands have been known to cause issues with the abs unit. Any help or experience would be great.:confused:

I just finished installing an aftermarket HID kit on my C5. It hasn't been my favourite mod to do(lots of swearing):swear:. Anyway, I drove to work(during daylight) with no issues or problems. However on my way home(at night, with HID's on), my DIC said service abs, traction control system. My question is; Could the power going to the HID ballast be interfering with the abs unit? I drove it today again during the day and didn't have a problem. I know that some guys who track their Vettes have to be careful with what braided stainless brakeines they use because some brands have been known to cause issues with the abs unit. Any help or experience would be great.:confused:

Its not from the HIDs . The ABS on the C5's is very touchy . I have had a simular issue in the past . It comes and goes . I have rebuilt my ABS unit and every once in a while it still does it . With that said , your ABS modual might be on its way out and need to be repaired .

Damn, I thought that would stump him for sure......I guess we'll have to keep trying.:rolleyes:

Alright Manny, try this one:

What size is the nut holding the flamistran onto the caddidle at the rear of my C6?
I got you this time!

C.

18mm :D

Come on that was too easy :rofl:

LOL, easy for you !

Nobody else knew that one.

Stay on yer toes; I'll git ya next time.
icon6.gif