hmmmm... I'm starting to think I need to bring the tailpipes in about 2 inches for a flusher angled look. They actually don't stick out past the rear of the car but because the lower portion of the rear cover tucks in, it makes it look like they stick out further. Any thoughts?

hmmmm... I'm starting to think I need to bring the tailpipes in about 2 inches for a flusher angled look. They actually don't stick out past the rear of the car but because the lower portion of the rear cover tucks in, it makes it look like they stick out further. Any thoughts?

:agree:
I'll post pics if I ever get around to doing mine but I'm thinking of cutting out the bumper in the center and building a diffuser around it, depends how long winter is :D

CCO... Thanks! I was going to invest in Corsa's but the urge to build my own just wouldn't shut up! Yours look great too. I love your color scheme (tan on green)...

NoSkillz... That's a great idea. I looked into it this summer and I like the look and the fact that its functional. Keep us posted on how you do it... I wanted to cut out a section and tuck the 2 tips up like a C6 but I just couldn't bring myself to cutting my bumper. A custom skirt to go around it with a diffuser would be perfect!

I saw a picture today of a late model C4 with '67 427 side pipes and authentic looking covers... It actually looked pretty good!!?? The car appeared to be at a factory ride height but the covers made it look lower... The more I look at it the more I'm kinda thinkin about doing it.... what do you guys think about a vintage looking side pipe setup on the C4's??? If you google it you should get pics of it...

If you haven't already try googling Corvette Sledgehammer. Somewhere but I can't remember where I've seen photos of Sledgehammer's cat back. Have you tried clearing speed bumps yet?

88Z.... The sledgehammer was a big influence for me on what I wanted mine to look like. Its a pretty rad looking car. I really love the sledgehammers body kit and rear spoiler. Its subtle enough that it still looks like a Vette but really compliments the lines of the car.

I've been driving with this exhaust on all summer and have zero issues with it. It sits just a high as factory and has no clearance issues at all. As shown in one of the photos, I also put a piece of aluminum diamond plate as a shield to shield that gas tank from leaking on the muffler as the it sits now right below the tank. Plus the diamond plate offers an insulator/reflector for heat so the tank has temps should be down too.

Here's a photoshop'd pic of my car I did for fun... I lowered it, tinted the lights, blacked out the wheels and brought the exhaust tips in about 2". I think this look is the goal!!!

A Little Photoshop Work. Lowered, Tinted Lights And Shortened Tailpipes Photo by WHT88vette | Photobucket

Lets try that again....

Mycarloweredagain_zps9580d953.jpg.html

You're almost there brother:

In photobucket, look to the right of the picture in question for the "Shared Links" box.
At the bottom is 'IMG' -- just left click in that box and that copies (as it flashes yellow) the image.

Then come here and paste it. No need for IMG tags.

Colin.

I was thinking about doing a 35th but there's a ton of those around and I want mine to be unique. I haven't seen any z51 rims painted black plus I'm actually going for more of a "Grand Sport" sort of look. I'm gonna keep it white but I'm going to include the sebring stripes on the left fender and the Grand sport badging. At some point I'm going to try to spec the drivetrain to be close to a C6 Grand Sport but that will be when I'm close to being rich!!!! so, more than likely, never!!! haha :rofl:

More photoshop work!

Before

After

High performance catalytic's

Have any of you guys replaced your cat's with smaller, high flowing parts?? I have a center cat and the 2 after the manifolds are gone already. I would like to install a cat in each down pipe again, delete the middle cat and have 2 1/2" duals all the way back... Any thoughts???

Have any of you guys replaced your cat's with smaller, high flowing parts?? I have a center cat and the 2 after the manifolds are gone already. I would like to install a cat in each down pipe again, delete the middle cat and have 2 1/2" duals all the way back... Any thoughts???

X-pipe or h-pipe? You will still need a cross-over. Keep your cats, Drive Clean is watching.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.