Hey guys im thinking of getting headers for my 88 vette, looking for anyone who had experience with them, def want to know if they past emissions here in Ont. and any dyno before and after Numbs. thanks guys....:canada:

Manny (Nasty98) suggested: American Racing Headers for my '94 LT-1 .. I won't get them this year but may in the future some time.
He'll have the smog info you need and expected hp increase.

C.

Bad experience with early c4 headers. I took the stock manifolds off my 88 and ground off the weld a little, also cut off the part of the air tube that's inside just taking up space. This is just me I wouldn't recommend it if you're worried about weakening the weld.
aneighth.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

With pre OBD2 as long as you have cats installed you will have nothing to worry about regarding emissions, unless you have underlying issues that need to be addressed regardless.
Vehicles 1988 to 1997 subjected to "Tailpipe test (two-speed idle test for gasoline vehicles and visual inspection for light-duty diesel vehicles)" (How a Drive Clean emissions test is done | Ontario.ca)

I'm assuming you're going to go long tube as shorty headers don't produce the big numbers.
Remember with the headers many don't include brackets for the dipstick or alternator mounts and a new y-pipe is required (just go true duel exhaust at this point). The earlier models require a new/smaller starter motor for clearance (88' starter should be good but don't quote me on this). Getting a bung welded in for the O2 sensor isn't a big deal but don't forget about it.
If you go none EGR remember to get an EGR delete pulley or gut it and remove the lines.
IMO headers for C4's aren't the easiest mod and certainly can be time consuming compared to other tasks, heck, not cheap either but then again not many mods worth doing on our cars are simple and cheap.

With pre OBD2 as long as you have cats installed you 1988 to 1997 subjected to "Tailpipe test a Drive Clean emissions test is done | Ontario.ca[/url])

(88' starter should be good but don't quote me on this)

1988 Corvette is more than 25 years old and is exempt from a drive clean test isn't it?

Yes 88 was the first year for smaller sized (high torque) starters.

1988 Corvette is more than 25 years old and is exempt from a drive clean test isn't it?

Yes 88 was the first year for smaller sized (high torque) starters.

Hey Louie, Drive Clean says "light-duty vehicles with a model year before 1988" require testing/

Looks like '88 will need a test. Wasn't sure either -- had to look it up.

Cheers
Colin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.