YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
Huge Long-shot question here as this section appears rarely used and I really don't want to populate the C8 section that would capture more users ...
just not wanting to be one to do this with a non-c8 specific thread.

Has anyone recently travelled the Old Highway that goes along the Ottawa River between Ottawa toward Montreal?
Hamlets along this road are Clarence-Rockland, Plantagenet, Hawksbury and eventually reconnecting with the Trans-Canada just before Montreal.

Heading out from YYC on my trip ... taking my C7 to the Maritimes and thinking of staying at a Motel along this Old Highway.

Appreciated & Thanks

I live in the area. From Orleans to Hawksbury, this is a single lane highway with 2 (maybe 3) passing lanes along the way. The road is very good but you won't make up time using that route. A bit more scenic that using the 417 and you will have a few options for motels. DM me if you need more information. When you are coming this way?

Reactions: YFCvii
Message sent & Thank you. Awesome - not the long-shot question that I anticipated ... YAY.
I am absolutely OK with the single lane each way ... this in order to take advantage and enjoy what the main highway bypasses.
Scenic Photo Ops will be likely as this will be the shortest leg of my journey with only 8hrs of travel.

Reactions: Matt_Orleans
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread