Weird... King tut said they don’t have any allocations from GM, yet Andrew Spencer posted that they have 6. So we have 2 people from Bill Spencer posting different info?

I don’t doubt that they did get 6 allocations. But my concern is if they continue to get 6 per cycle X 7 cycles, they will get 42 cars (close to 43 they got in 2020)
He said they don't know their total allocations yet.

My dealer informed me that my order is going in to GM today. He has his first 6 allocations to firm up today for production in the next couple of months. Luckily I have my spec sorted out and was able to firm everything up. Committed now!

Reactions: Murray20c8
i dont know if someone can help me understanding ? i speak to 5 dealer the past week
first one they receive 2 allocation last week, in 2020 they receive a total of 20
second they receive 1 allocation last week, in 2020 they receive a total of 3
third they receive 0 allocation, in 2020 they receive a total of 4
fourth one they receive 0 allocation, in 2020 they receive a total of 3
fifth one they receive 0 allocation, in 2020 they receive a total of 1

why the second dealer receive one and the third receive nothing ? how GM decided which dealer receive their allocation ? i know its by the sale of there previous year but the third dealer have sell more corvette that the second one ?

i think i will buy an RC and try to be like a 10 year old kid, beacause i think i will never be the light at the end of the tunnel

... why the second dealer receive one and the third receive nothing ? how GM decided which dealer receive their allocation ? i know its by the sale of there previous year but the third dealer have sell more corvette that the second one ?
Allocation doesn't always match sales. A dealer can get say 10 allocations for a year but sell 12 Corvettes because they get 2 cars from other dealers. That may have happened with C7s, but I doubt it will happen with C8s as each dealer will have no trouble selling every one they get.
Similarly a dealer may have gotten 2 allocations but sold zero as both cars ended up going to other dealers who then sold them and got the credit for the sales.

Reactions: kevindesj
GM works in mysterious ways. For 2020 they decided to make sure every Corvette dealer had at least 2 allocations for the model year with all that happened.
Much of what they assign has to do with parts availability that can be matched to orders. That is how fast parts can be produced by their suppliers.

GM works in mysterious ways. For 2020 they decided to make sure every Corvette dealer had at least 2 allocations for the model year with all that happened.
Much of what they assign has to do with parts availability that can be matched to orders. That is how fast parts can be produced by their suppliers.
ok, the dealer here only receive one for 2020

i dont know if someone can help me understanding ? i speak to 5 dealer the past week
first one they receive 2 allocation last week, in 2020 they receive a total of 20
second they receive 1 allocation last week, in 2020 they receive a total of 3
third they receive 0 allocation, in 2020 they receive a total of 4
fourth one they receive 0 allocation, in 2020 they receive a total of 3
fifth one they receive 0 allocation, in 2020 they receive a total of 1

why the second dealer receive one and the third receive nothing ? how GM decided which dealer receive their allocation ? i know its by the sale of there previous year but the third dealer have sell more corvette that the second one ?

i think i will buy an RC and try to be like a 10 year old kid, beacause i think i will never be the light at the end of the tunnel

If a year ago I was number one at a dealership, didn't get my ride and the dealer can't confirm if I'm going to get one this coming year, the little light bulb would be coming on and I'd be biting the bullet and get on a list with a dealer who cares about his customers and actually knows what he's talking about. JMO....

I missed out on ordering a 2020 C8, but noticed in Auto Trader there are quite a few used 2020 Corvettes all low millage and asking from $125,000 to as high as $ 138,000 for a 2LT Z51 package. It appears some just buy the 2020 to make money on them. As much as I would like to get one, I'm not that interested to pay those prices. My question to you King Tut is, if ordered a 2020 my December what are the chances of receiving one my May or June? Thank You
0%

I missed out on ordering a 2020 C8, but noticed in Auto Trader there are quite a few used 2020 Corvettes all low millage and asking from $125,000 to as high as $ 138,000 for a 2LT Z51 package. It appears some just buy the 2020 to make money on them. As much as I would like to get one, I'm not that interested to pay those prices. My question to you King Tut is, if ordered a 2020 my December what are the chances of receiving one my May or June? Thank You

I'm pretty certain Cruzin directed his question to @King Tut . Not saying you may or may not be right Gilles but at least give the dealer rep a chance to give a possibly more informed answer.

From MECF

1605629986162.png

Reactions: DenisC8
The main concern that is noted above is only the overall number of allocations for the year.

Dealers received their first set last Thursday and submitted those allocations to GM by Saturday night.

I'd still get my name on a list with the big 3 (Cullen, W/N and Spencer) and wait out the allocations provided by GM regardless of what information they have now.

The main concern that is noted above is only the overall number of allocations for the year.
The only real concern is the price increase for a 22. GM isn't concerned, but of course the dealers are. How can they predict what MY they can provide and when? It puts them in an awkward position with their customers.

Reactions: canadiansteelman
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.