Northern Corvette (James)
Caledon Corvette (Santo)

I’ve dealt with both, great guys no bs. James usually crosses the border to pick up his orders if not in stock. Both these guys often work together.

Reactions: Ninjamedic
You could add Corvette Corral to the list. I have found Corvette Central or Rock Auto (U.S. suppliers) to be quite good.
Depending on what you are looking for I have also been able to get things like brake components, air filters fuel filters etc.
quite easily at local NAPA parts outlets. Canadian Tire - don't bother. Corvette Depot - do your homework, I have, for certain parts found their prices quit high.

Reactions: Ninjamedic
I Have bought parts from Corvette depot in Canada and Corvette central in the USA. Let me tell you, Corvette central is fantastic and cheaper after dollar conversion. No duty or customs BS, arrives in 2-3 days and UPS shipping is usually around $40. Corvette depot is more expensive, takes way longer to arrive and they usually dont have what you need. I ALSO FIND THAT THE PARTS FROM CORVETTE CENTRAL ARE OF HIGHER QUALITY. IMO

I Have bought parts from Corvette depot in Canada and Corvette central in the USA. Let me tell you, Corvette central is fantastic and cheaper after dollar conversion. No duty or customs BS, arrives in 2-3 days and UPS shipping is usually around $40. Corvette depot is more expensive, takes way longer to arrive and they usually dont have what you need. I ALSO FIND THAT THE PARTS FROM CORVETTE CENTRAL ARE OF HIGHER QUALITY. IMO
Thanks for the info.
How do you get the parts into Canada from the US without paying duty or customs ? UPS , from what I understand charges brokerage.

I bought thousands from them a few years ago

Exchange trailing arms, steerioids R&P kit, seat covers, rear spring mount parts, countless bushings and small parts.

visa online, was only ever billed the parts and visa added the exchange. They used to have “free shipping to Canada” deals, but haven’t seen one in a few years now.

Well I'm going to answer my own question. I have taken on a 1980 Corvette that is in pretty rough shape. Being a Canadian I would prefer to buy from a Canadian company. I have ordered from Corvette Depot a few times. Pretty bad experience. Even when they say it is stock it take 8 or more days to ship. I dont think they carry much inventory. You order it , they then buy it and ship it out. The last and final order they shipped the wrong part. It was not even in a shipping box. It was a miracle it was not broken ( plastic ) part. See pic. After a bunch of back and forth I got a partial refund over 3 weeks later. I sent two parts back and got a refund for one. Most of the staff is very unhelpful . Had to go to Visa and file a dispute. I won't buy from again.

Corvette Central is great. American company but, they broker all shipping into Canada for you and have most thing in stock. Ordered an number of times and it was shipped in a couple of days. I had a wrong part on one order . I called them and explained. They asked for pics and gave me a refund the same day.

Matt from The Vette Collector is a Canadian company. Great guy to deal with. When he does not have something in stock he can get it in a few days. He goes to the States twice a week to pick items up. He is upfront and lets you know what is goes on . My choice to work with.

Attachments

• 20220420_155944.jpg
    20220420_155944.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
I have used Corvette Central for thousands of $ of parts. Best quality for aftermarket, great service and as mentioned fantastic shipping rates. I have used them all and Corvette Central is my go to company now if I can't find GM NOS parts.

I have good service out of Corvette Central, and also Rock Auto. Rock auto will display prices in Canadian Dollars. As an example my C4 ate the turn signal actuator. I tried several corvette web sites only to be confronted with either "don't have " or "limited supply" and $250.00 US!?!? Rock auto had a list of about 6 actuators with an AC Delco, as original for $150.00CDN. Good Luck with your '80.

I agree with @turbozig that CC is the goto place for me.
A lot of us have tried the ‘Canadian’ route for ordering as well with not wonderful success.
We usually go back to CC.
thanx for the nod to Matt @ Vette Collector. I may try him for my next parts Order.

take care pal.
graham
Hey Graham,
You know me never one to complain but had enough. Have to be carful with the ole TWU pension. Matt will talk your eye off if you let him. He has NOS parts as well as used parts along with the new stuff. Good thing with him is if you order something larger and smaller stuff he will though it in one box and not up the shipping like everyone else.

Take care
Gary.

• Winner
Reactions: nascar03
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.