50 is in my rearview mirror and I absolutely detest chrome I have the centennial black wheels and think they are awesome. That makes two of us that breaks the 'old man' rules.:Biggrin:
BTW, keeping a black car clean must qualify as one of the symptoms of insanity :Wacky:

So I'm not alone.. whew!
Yes insanity is inevitable with a black car. The fact we have 3 black vehicles should tell you much about me.
:window:

Reactions: vintageracer
Mike, I may send you a PM about those prices in the next few months. Been looking for a used C7 for the last several months, but finding the prices are fairly similar to buying new, where I could actually get the options and colour I want. On autotrader, due to the discounts on new ones, you can actually find new ones for less than used ones.

One the 3LT vs others debate, I'm on the side that the 3LT isn't worth it. 2LT is the ideal for me, but I'm tempted towards the 1LT to save the money. I find on the used market, the 1LT vs 2LT vs 3LT prices are nearly identical, so I may end up with a 3LT anyways. Corvette to me isn't a luxury car, it's a sports car, and a sports car isn't about the suede, heated seats, or Heads-Up Display. Just my opinion.

I'm under 50 and I love chrome. boom goes the theory.

Mike I loved chrome when was younger too... not sure what age I was (mid 40s) when I went to the dark side and everything had to be black. Although my wife has chrome wheels in her black H3 and I like that. But I don't have to drive it either. :D

This is the z with M7 that I am considering. Similar MSRP, both with Z07, 3LZ, spice pack, and carbon aero pack, comp seats, and a few different appearance options. I think I'm leaning toward this M7 though.

2017 Chevrolet Corvette For Sale in Calgary, AB

This is the full new price for both. The carbon fibre aero options are the price difference. I just went through this. (I went with the full exposed carbon aero and dash).
If the carbon aero is something that you're not set on (which you can add later for less) then the cheaper one is a decent deal for a 3LZ Z07. Rarely see them at that price. Add some possible incentives on and squeeze them a bit and you could do real good on that car Greg.

D

In case anyone is still looking for a 17 Z06 there are lots of them to be had cheap now.

Car - 2017 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 in Calgary, AB $109,888

This car looks Z07 optioned and has a CF dash. I missed the trim level but it looks like 3LZ. Admittedly some key details left out of the add - call bait maybe.

This above is just an example. Although some new ones are still listed at over 130K most are well below MSRP.

In case anyone is still looking for a 17 Z06 there are lots of them to be had cheap now.

Car - 2017 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 in Calgary, AB $109,888

This car looks Z07 optioned and has a CF dash. I missed the trim level but it looks like 3LZ. Admittedly some key details left out of the add - call bait maybe.

This above is just an example. Although some new ones are still listed at over 130K most are well below MSRP.
Yup ... been through this one ... as I have been through just about all of them in this town ...
I was at CMP for GForceJunkie beauty (right side in the photo)
Now just look to the left and ..... you will see the Z06 that Derek is referencing ... sweet
This is how they are currently being stored (in the "baby room" inside)
IMG_3464.JPG

Reactions: ddgermann
The eyes in Calgary.
Yes Spence seeing Corvettes stored like that is a big plus for the dealer. I would think this time of the year anyone buying a car like this is not expecting a test drive and has driven the at least the C7 before.
I imagine there are plenty of guys watching a few cars and waiting for the prices to continue to drop and the temperature to rise.... poised to pull the trigger before someone else grabs “that car”.
Not sure the prices can go much lower on the higher optioned 17 Z06s. For sure the patient guys will end up with some great cars for a fantastic price.
I’m personally so relieved to be out of the ZR1 rat race now to relax and just enjoy my new car for at least one summer before the C8 hysteria starts. :WillyNilly:

:Biggrin: D

Well I got a chance to drive two C7Zs with an A8 & M7. Wow, what an improvement over my C6 coupe & C5Z. Now I need to decide which tranny to go with. I'm also sold on the Z07, 3LZ & other bling. Decisions, decisions. A week ago I wasn't even thinking of a new vette.
I have the Z07 3LZ with A8. Perfect combination for me. Im glad i went with max spec. No regrets. If I want to drive a manual, I hop in the Viper.....STi....or S2000..... I don't argue with people manual vs. auto....each has it's strengths and weaknesses. It's like asking me which of my children I love more.....stupid question. BTW I never buy a car based on resale or anything like that. To me you're dooming the relationship from the outset. You're buying the car for You, not some other guy...right? If you want something else down the line just buy something else. You'll never get what you want for the car and you'll probably regret getting rid of it later....

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.