I'm New Here
Dec 1, 2012
Richmond Hill
VetteCoins
Car
2013 Z06 Z07
Province
ON
Be forewarned if you're thinking of buying this creampuff. I was able to get out of the deal when I realized how badly butchered and damaged the undercarriage of this car is. Previous potential buyer saved me from falling into a mess by providing GM dealer report of how bad this unit really is.

Attachments

• 2017 Corvette.jpg
    2017 Corvette.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 173
  • 2017 Corvette door label.jpg
    2017 Corvette door label.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 169
It's in Toronto now but it originated in Quebec.
Say no more if it came out of Quebec. Years ago I bought an Acura NSX from Sherway Acura in Toronto. Had a clean bill of health and a bogus Carfax. Found out years later when I tried to sell it that it had been in a front end collision and had broken welds under the frame and in the front end.

Unfortunately, none of the damage was noted on Carfax.
It never is. Especially from Quebec. It used to be in Ontario and other Provinces that if you didn't put a collision claim thru insurance it wasn't recorded as having been in an accident. Thats why a lot of people paid out of pocket instead of filing a claim. Don't know if it has been changed now but doubt it.

And they(Quebec)supposedly get all of our GTA lemons.I`ve already told you guys my story about my salvage title `95 Impala SS bought from a GM dealer on Shepard in Toronto`s east end.It can happen anywhere.

Reactions: kerry4
The best advice, which I think is mostly ignored is if you see a car you really want take it to your own trusted mechanic. Get him to go over it well and drive it. Also any body shop can tell you with a simple paint meter if the car has been touched up or repaired. Like the old saying goes. If it sounds to goods to be true it usually is. Another car I got burned on was a 911 Porsche. I bet the salesman told me over a dozen lies about it. Also had a Carfax that was bogus. Bought it from an Audi dealer in Barrie so thought I was safe. They gave it a bogus safety at another hole in the wall garage. Guess their own mechanics didn't want to lose their license. Was a horrible experience when I got it trailered home. I bought it in the winter so couldn't drive it, but they drove it to Markham to get a safety. Needed over $7,000.00 in repairs and should have never passed the safety. Also found out later the rear end had been repainted when I was selling it. Carfax = garbage.

a good rule to follow is to run from any car out of Quebec ... and ALWAYS get a carfax report
Carfax is just a piece of paper that means nothing. Not worth the paper it is written on.

I agree, I traded my wife’s Hyundai to dealer last year with my assurance of no accidents or damage. When he went to sell it, new buyer wanted car fax report. Came back that it had been in a collision two years earlier with front end damage. Never happened. I tracked it to Peel Regional police report. Looks like the cops reported VIN number incorrectly on their police report. Try to get that corrected! Impossible!

So going to play devil's advocate here and just by the sheer number of mentions of Carfax it's definitely not garbage. Fact is the Carfax is a report of questionable quality and accuracy that is absolutely necessary as part of your due diligence as a buyer because it will have a direct impact on your ability to resell or trade the car in the future. So definitely do not skimp on it even if you feel strongly against it as your future buyer will definitely not. Also can also be used as leverage for discounts.

With that in mind as mentioned above your own mechanic's advice is what counts for your own peace of mind so that would definitely be the other part of your due diligence.

Prior to my experience, I would have placed 100% faith in a car fax report. All I am saying is that it may or may not be correct, I’m not blaming Carfax as they report on information provided To them. To their credit, they tracked the incident to the investigating police force And even provided me with the incident report number but unless the Peel Regional Police confirmed with Car fax that the info was incorrect, car fax was not going to change the report. I understand their reasoning. My problem was that Peel Regional Police really didn’t care to look into the situation after two years. I am fortunate that the dealer who took in my trade believed me, otherwise could have cost me $$$$’s.

OMVIC is the same as CarFax. Just a useless money grab. I have used OMVIC when the Barrie dealership sold me a damaged Porsche. Nothing they would do. Even though they could have removed their OMVIC status for not being honest. They like getting paid the same as everyone else. I'm thinking the only way to get a true car these days is to buy new.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.