Apr 30, 2012
Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 1SB
On another site, guys were touting the durability of Brian Tooley Racing (BTR) SLR Lifters. Morel has been THE lifter for the big dollar engines. Morels are triple the price of the BTR lifters. Anyone had any experience with these lifters.

On another site, guys were touting the durability of Brian Tooley Racing (BTR) SLR Lifters. Morel has been THE lifter for the big dollar engines. Morels are triple the price of the BTR lifters. Anyone had any experience with these lifters.

That's what we use on our engine builds :D

Coming from musclecar era cars to the 21st century, EVERYTHING is different, even the tire valve stems. It's nice to get a handle on things so that if I ever want to make changes, I have at least a little bit of an idea as to where I am at. Thanks Manny.

Last edited:
Coming from musclecar era cars to the 21st century, EVERYTHING is different, even the valve stems. It's nice to get a handle on things so that I I ever want to make changes, I have at least a little bit of an idea as to where I am at. Thanks Manny.

Now the big question Keith ......Why the tie bar lifters over the conventional ones that come with the LS series engines ?

I've heard of the odd problem but nothing specific. If quality materials are used, I can't see why either should be a problem, on the street at least. The stock plastic, or whatever, guide plate/tray doesn't impress me, especially for such a critical job. I just read a thread and it appears that GM uses the LS7 lifter in them all now. An improvement on the earlier ones I suppose.

Last edited:
I've heard of the odd problem but nothing specific. If quality materials are used, I can't see why either should be a problem, on the street at least. The stock plastic, or whatever, guide plate/tray doesn't impress me, especially for such a critical job. I just read a thread and it appears that GM uses the LS7 lifter in them all now. An improvement on the earlier ones I suppose.

Kind of , what can happen on high reving high perf application's, is that the lifter can actually spin in the plastic tray , thus when the cam lobe comes around it will impact on the lifter , side load it and mushroom the lifter and wipe out the cam lobe . Big mess :(

Kind of , what can happen on high reving high perf application's, is that the lifter can actually spin in the plastic tray , thus when the cam lobe comes around it will impact on the lifter , side load it and mushroom the lifter and wipe out the cam lobe . Big mess :(

:agree:

I use Morel link bars and they have performed flawlessly for 2 seasons now. If I wasn't going to go with link bars, I would use the BTR SLR lifters. Brian sells good stuff and is a gentleman to talk to. Very helpful and wont steer you wrong of you call him for advice on any of his products.

IMHO link bars are only needed when running lifts over .700.

I have run the standard Morel in my car for years but the you need to set them up right and thats mean very little lifter preload which makes for a noisy valvetrain.

I switched back to factory LS7 lifters and always new lifter trays in every cam swap.

With the right cam lobe and spring pressure I have spun the LS7's up to 7800 with no issues.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.