I've read this thread too many times and have to ask what's on all of our minds/ What did you end up paying for the car?

It does look sweet. I don't get buyers remorse too often, but sometimes I think a C5 might have been a better way to go for me--financially anyways. I can afford what I'm doing, but I also wonder if the sacrifice I'm making could have been a little easier in order to get into the 'Vette world.

Most non-'Vette people have a hard time distinguishing C5s from C6s--and the mods I could do for cheaper--sheesh.

Oh well, I'm still happy with the C6, and spring will come soon enough, and I'll have a "like new" looking murdered-out 'Vette to bomb-around in.

Life is good--will be better with the headers and Corsas--HAHAHA.......

xlr, sorry bud not even my family members know what I pay for my toys. What I will say is it was listed for 27,000 (public knowledge), the guy was very motivated to sell and I'm one cheap SOB!!

Somebuddy,

Your before and after weather pictures made me sadly smile. I think you're getting the brunt of it now. While we've had snow for about a month now and a few storms to boot, Mom and Dad were trying to get to south of Red Deer to get some wool spun into yarn. They left here Wednesday morning, made it to Edmonton and never were able to leave town. The roads south are apparently in poor shape so they decided to skip it and return home and try again in early December when they go to the Alberta Barley Commission AGM.

I have to say that while I'm a hard top guy (some would say hard head!) that car made me catch my breath. Yellow is just it for me, I'm not sure why. I even have a yellow swim suit and bought the same for my ex back in the day.

You have to wonder, why with a price of say maybe low to mid 30's for a topless Pony someone would not go for a car like the one you acquired. You won't see another on the road for hours or days (compared to every time you turn the corner almost with the Ford) and it is a nicely lined car. Super move, getting it out of season too, I'm sure that must have helped your position in the bargining process.

I just watched MADDOX's vid of his methanol system. What a sweet sounding car and 5 months will not pass for me soon enough. I can't wait to get back in the seat again and to enjoy some good WOT moments.........better not be a late spring in 2013.

Cheers,

Garry

Yes Garry it was bad here for a few days with lots of snow and bad hiways. Probably a good decision for your parents to turn back for home.
I have to agree you do see alot more of those fords on the hiways but around here they seem to drive them all year.........not really my idea of a sports car.
I can appreciate the whole hard top thing. For me I also ride motorcycle and I'm hoping the vert gives me all the comforts of a vette and still have the open visibility and some fresh air in my face.
Deals in the fall especially just before winterizing and storage..........o ya!! Still can hardly believe I got my "dream car" with so few klicks!

Good evening Somebuddy,

I thought that my trip hauling the car was bad! I called mom just to see how they were making out maybe around 4 and they were just getting into Valleyview, so the 1/2 way home point. I told her you must have left late and she said no, they left at 10:40 and I thought whoa! 5 1/2 hours to go 250 km!! But she said the way out of Edmonton to Onoway and Whitecourt were the worst they've seen. But I hope they're home now.

I know it is a personal opinion as well but a real sports car should only have two seats. Thus why Pony's and Challengers while they might be enjoyable are not the experience I'm looking for. If you can drive it in the winter then that is not the car for me. Oddly, the fact that I can only drive the car for 5 or 6 months ends up enhancing the experience for me as it is not something I get to enjoy year round! I'm sure it is the same way for your bike too. You go without it for a while and you really get to miss it so when you get to enjoy it it means so much more. But don't get me wrong, if the weather conditions were right, like say Nevada or New Mexico I'd be just fine with driving it all year!

I hate to say it as well, and not to be coming across as a snob or anything, but I also wanted the exclusivity of driving something that I was not going to see a clone of every time I hit the road. It was worked out that way too. One C6 Z06 in Peace River, the ZR1 in Dawson Creek, a C6 Z51 in Fairview and then a few odd C5 coupes and verts. Grimshaw alone must have 10 plus Challengers and I'm sure 20 Pony's. And I wanted something special for the experience of not dying from cancer. The past summer with 505 hp just begging to be unleashed was something that so exceeded my expectations! I just can't wait for Manny to be done with it to try it at the next level!

Always the way to do it, buy your snowblower and skidoo in April and your lawnmower in October! It's always nice to walk in with a wad of cash and just see them crumble. After all, you needed to both have the $ and also be willing to wait for 5 months until you could get into major driving! If it was me I'd set up a proxima projector in the garage and watch movies from the car seat!!

I also like that the verts have much more colorful interiors outside of the solid black that I face. Something I'd like to get Manny to do as well. Probably not more engine mods in the future but maybe something done to the seats in a year or two to give it some flash...........

Cheers,

Garry

That yellow car is a steal in the "low twenties" :D:D I paid 18 for my 00 with 126k It is in the condition of a under 50k car (I traded a steel muscle car for it)

I hate dark green lol

I was wondering Don, since we've moved on so many different topics, do you still fly your RC's a lot when you're not driving? While I've got about 800 plus 1/35 scale model tank kits to build (not going to happen with the rate my vision is going!) I ventured into 3 electric and two gas RC cars but only a single unbuilt tunnel hull boat, an unbuilt glider and a pretty amazing small, in-house RTF helicopter.

While I don't intend to keep my car as a garage queen I sure could not imagine exposing it to salt. Maybe for those who trade every two to three years? Plus for winter I really prefer my front wheel drive cars with good winter tires.

Cheers,

Garry

Garry; Haven`t been doing much with My planes lately, just too much other stuff going on. I have several Planes that work well on ski`s, maybe this winter they will see some use.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.