Simpleman

Casual User
You're 5
Jan 6, 2015
Mississauga
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z51 3LT Coupe
I noticed that there hasn't been a posting on this site for over a week. Thought I'd break the ice.
We had a great holiday weekend here in Ontario. Couldn't have asked for better weather.
I lost count of how many brothers and sisters I waved to on the road (and a few who didn't wave back ....hrrghh.)
Hoping it's a sign of a great summer to come!

Simpleman, while quiet, I assume because of the beautiful weather that has finally come, there seems to be lots of postings on my version of the forum. Not sure why you don't see them.

You are absolutely correct that it was a beautiful weekend and glad you got to enjoy your car. It is a bit of a pi$$ off when people don't acknowledge the "wave". I just put it off to them texting or something and not seeing you.:Biggrin:

I noticed that there hasn't been a posting on this site for over a week. Thought I'd break the ice.
We had a great holiday weekend here in Ontario. Couldn't have asked for better weather.
I lost count of how many brothers and sisters I waved to on the road (and a few who didn't wave back ....hrrghh.)
Hoping it's a sign of a great summer to come!

Lol you scared me... Lots of posts but granted no NEW threads in this sub-forum in the past week :)

Deploy the wave :)

The wave reigns supreme out here still. Well.... not this weekend as it was continuous rain.... I get and give waves to and from all the corvettes... half of the Vipers... several SS Camaros.... the odd SRT Challenger... and one Lambo last weekend.... A nice car is a nice car. Some are just nicer.... :Smug:

Agreed Eric, I wave to them all. Sign of appreciation of a fine or even a fun automobile. Most wave back.
I was also born, raised, and still live in the country.... the wave is almost automatic.... H3LL... I even wave at the mosquitos.... Ok... maybe it's not really a wave and more of a swat at them... :D

Last edited:
More like a Hi-5 to the mosquitos? :D

Thanks for starting the thread SM and for saving the wave! I always find it funny when NOT driving the Corvette and seeing another one on the road. The urge to wave is there but I don't as they wouldn't be looking anyway and if they did, they would think I'm some sort of lunatic or Corvette wannabe. :D

More like a Hi-5 to the mosquitos? :D

Thanks for starting the thread SM and for saving the wave! I always find it funny when NOT driving the Corvette and seeing another one on the road. The urge to wave is there but I don't as they wouldn't be looking anyway and if they did, they would think I'm some sort of lunatic or Corvette wannabe. :D
hahaha.... Riley.... I'm the same way.... I see the Vette and the wave comes automatic.... I think it's because my Rav4 feels so much like I'm driving the Corvette...:rofl::rofl:

Funny you mention that... I find myself waving even when in my daily driver....and yes... I get some funny stares back.
Does anybody notice how many drivers actually pass us to get a full look at the car?
(My wife can't see the HUD, so I tell her that I'm only doing 110, but even at 120, I'm getting passed by curious rubberneckers)

Hey Simpleman...too true... We can typically slide as far as 20 over the posted out here... ... But there are a lot that will go out of their way to pass me and to rubberneck on the way by.... and that's ok.... they might be the next new forum member ... who knows.... And almost always I get the thumbs up from them....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.