They want to also, and I'm paraphrasing, take ownership of the defendants domain names as well. :nono:

Well, whomever owned corvettemafia.com in the first place no longer does.

It's sitting in a holding pattern now. Looks like the original owner (maybe Ashur Conrad?) abandoned it or had it taken away from him.

By the way, the newspaper that did the suing back in 2010 was the Las Vegas Review-Journal. That paper's ownership has also sued several companies for using the phrase "The Best of Las Vegas" which they claim as their own property. With all the trouble newspapers are in, you'd think they'd be busy improving their publication and seeking more readers, but perhaps there's more money in suing. :rofl:

Last edited:
Ashur appeared here briefly as a member and we never saw him again after the short initial spell. I never knew if he "owned" corvette mafia or not but he certainly seemed to be a significant contributor.

There was a U.S. survey asking people how they were most apt to get rich. Turns out it was winning a lottery or winning a law suit. Work didn't seem to enter into the picture at all. People also use the law suit threat to shut people up. Who needs the cost of being sued. Most people shut up just at the threat. The whole legal system, while necessary, is is dragging us to a stand still as it is set up now.
Personally, I thoroughly enjoy this web site and the moderators are doing a fine job. No one is perfect, and mistakes happen, but if you don't keep on top of things, it can get out of hand. More than a few web sites have degenerated into garbage. Keep up the good work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.