Jul 1, 2017
VetteCoins
Hi all,
As most of you are likely aware, and likely tired of hearing about by now, I just picked up my new Z a couple days ago. I noticed leaving the dealership the engine was not crisp from idle. It had a hesitation and the sound of air getting sucked in. My 15 was similar but not so pronounced. It is much better now but still requires a bit more attention taking off at the lights with the M7. Otherwise the engine seems fine and feels responsive above idle.
I have 200Km on the car now and today gearing down approaching a red light a big cloud of blue/white smoke belched out of the car. It smelled like fuel and came with a bit of a backfire. 3rd to 2nd RPMs 3000ish on the downshift.
Wondering if the computer is still learning or what? It never did it again during the rest of the 80km trip of highway and city.
Anybody see this with their C7 Z06 new or otherwise?

Derek

Sounds like nothing I have heard from anyone Derek but I expect you will get some feedback from some Z owners. Weird it just did it the once....

I'd go run a tank of Husky 94 and head west,towards Jasper for 1/2 a tank. Turn around and come back. Who knows what the dealer gave you. You have to wonder if they're not putting proper Mobil 1 in some cars,do you really think they'd care about the fuel? Hard to say though. Can't speculate. I hope it's a one time thing Derek.

Reactions: ddgermann
Hopefully it is nothing to worry about Derek. Does seem odd and certain worth keeping an eye on it.

Not the same motor but mine will make quite a backfire on some downshifts but never any smoke involved with it.

You could be right, it might just be the system learning what is happening with the motor running.

I'm dropping the car off today for some tinting etc while we are on holidays so I will be getting it reported / recorded with the dealer just in case it turns out to be something later. Maybe they will have some insight.
Thanks

You could try disconnecting the battery for a while then hooking it back up again. Sometimes computers just need a reboot. Sort of like the old home computers. You will have to reset your memory seats and stuff though but that is no big deal. Just a thought.

Reactions: ddgermann
You could try disconnecting the battery for a while then hooking it back up again. Sometimes computers just need a reboot. Sort of like the old home computers. You will have to reset your memory seats and stuff though but that is no big deal. Just a thought.

Good idea Keith. At 390 km It ran perfect today again. The dealership didn't have much of an answer except watch for it and bring it back if it carries on. They have the car for the next couple weeks so they will plug it in and see if there is an issue present. Likely they will do just what you said and I will have to reset everything again...which is no big deal.
I guess when we spend this kind of dough on a dream car we pay more attention as compared to buying a pick up or mini-van.
Thanks for the idea. :happy:
Derek

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread