Jan 29, 2009
On planet Earth
VetteCoins
Car
Brakes and Rotors question

This question is directed to my buddy Manny and all my friends here.

My Z51 C6 (2006) is coming up on 59K KM's. Brake pads are at 30% so brake service is in order. The questions are:

1. How long do the rotors last?
2. How much for a set of good (dustless) pads with install assuming that the rotors are retained.
3. Any thoughts on Hawk Ceramic brake pads from Corvette Central?

That pretty much covers it.

Thanks everyone
[mob][/mob]

Last edited:

My Z51 C6 (2006) is coming up on 59K KM's. Brake pads are at 30% so brake service is in order. The questions are:

2. How much for a set of good (dustless) pads with install assuming that the rotors are retained.

Thanks everyone
[mob][/mob]

Any ideas or recommendations anyone?
[mob][/mob]

I bought ceramic pads for my c5... I burnt them with one track day... so if you intend to use them for the track, be careful... also they feel really hard under pedal (good or bad).

I understand rotors should be fine unless they have significant grooving worn in them from the pads.

(I'm new to this, but try to read a lot... there's a good write up on mods here: C5 Track Car \ HPDE Conversion: What I have learned! - Corvette Forum)

Thanks everyone
[mob][/mob]

Pierre, you rotors should still be fine , just need a nice set of ceramic Red Stuff pads .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.