A friend on here likes to take a friend along with him when looking at a car. The friend has nothing in it so can be unbiased and objective. He has also gone with guys when buying cars and tells them what he sees truthfully. Fall in love with a car, and you are setting yourself up for possible problems. As mention in previous posts, there are lots of cars out there and the right one will come along if this one doesn't turn out to be it. Just don't let them buffalo you into something.

If this deal does not work out. I would like to have my friends to help me =)
Thanks Keith

Yikes! for not much more you can have a brand new C7....which would have about the same performance only be brand new with full warranty and no problems........

I'm afraid that's what I would do. Just walk away from it. (seriously)

C.

Not only is this completely true, but with the variance in interest rates alone, buying a new C7 prob won't be as expensive as just the difference in the price you pay. My guess is that the bank isn't offering as good a rate as GMAC would.

I'm not sure if you mind but let me give you my advice too... Walk away!!! :)

Question on the tapping noise, do you only hear it from inside the car or can you hear it with the hood open? If it were a slight rattling noise at low speed, I would have thought it could be the throw out bearing on the transmission. Mine makes noise which I read is normal, so I am totally assuming it would have been the same with a Z-car.
The fact that you've googled the noise on your car and come up with nothing makes it seem like it is not normal.
If others on here are suggesting to walk or have a 3rd party inspect the car, that is what I would go along with.

Anyway, Congrats on the car and getting into a Corvette!!!!! The Z06 is Awe-some! Sorry that it's causing frustration right off the hop.

Question on the tapping noise, do you only hear it from inside the car or can you hear it with the hood open? If it were a slight rattling noise at low speed, I would have thought it could be the throw out bearing on the transmission. Mine makes noise which I read is normal, so I am totally assuming it would have been the same with a Z-car.
The fact that you've googled the noise on your car and come up with nothing makes it seem like it is not normal.
If others on here are suggesting to walk or have a 3rd party inspect the car, that is what I would go along with.

Anyway, Congrats on the car and getting into a Corvette!!!!! The Z06 is Awe-some! Sorry that it's causing frustration right off the hop.

only from inside of the car while im driving.. at idel, there is no noise at all... excpet slight clicking noise.. which i think is normal.. sounds like gdi engine

it comes on only when im giving a slight throttle..

thanks

Your "boots are made for walking, and that's what you should do.
If you don't that dealer's "gonna walk all over you"..............

With apologies to by older friends from the 60's...........you know who you are!

I say bide your time.

Choose a different car, why start with one that has a potential known problem??

I mean it is not as if it is driving season where you right now anyway?

Cheers,

Garry

LOL good one Garry...we don't mind and I'm sure Nancy won't mind either.:D

Good point too that there's no rush ...... and no point starting ownership off on the wrong foot.

Cheers

Colin.

ok....

You can't hear it outside the car...only inside.
You don't hear it at idle...but do hear it at light acceleration.
You don't hear it under heavy aceleration?

I am wondering 2 things....

1) try turning the blower/fan on and hear if its coming from the vents...sounds stupid, but I had a fan on 2 of my GM's that were clicking when the car was lightly accelerating, but at idle and under a load were fine. It was annoying. - blower motor was the issue - specifically an electrical issue

2) have the exhaust brackets been looked at?

2 simple things that can sound VERY scary. And easy to figure out :) ...just putting it out there

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.