May 1, 2022
Burlington
VetteCoins
Car
2021 Z51 Convertible
Province
ON
Just had a Borla Atak cat back exhaust installed on my 2021 C8 Z51 HTC and wow what an extreme difference in sound and feeling in the car. Working perfectly with the exhaust sound control with 3 volume adjustability, the quietist being louder than the loudest with the stock exhaust and the sport and track settings are very loud, tons of burbles on downshift and like a gun shot on up shift. Insane!

It’s only the first few days but it’s actually very loud so I definitely have to turn it down in my neighbourhood, perhaps the S-Type exhaust would have been enough of an upgrade?

Shout out to Courtney at Humberview Performance for the installation and support, they were great!

Attachments

• iOS Image - 1465058366.jpg
    iOS Image - 1465058366.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 257
Thanks, dealt My 66 BB with side pipes, on My 2021 C8 . Searching for an exhaust upgrade.

Just had a Borla Atak cat back exhaust installed on my 2021 C8 Z51 HTC and wow what an extreme difference in sound and feeling in the car. Working perfectly with the exhaust sound control with 3 volume adjustability, the quietist being louder than the loudest with the stock exhaust and the sport and track settings are very loud, tons of burbles on downshift and like a gun shot on up shift. Insane!

It’s only the first few days but it’s actually very loud so I definitely have to turn it down in my neighbourhood, perhaps the S-Type exhaust would have been enough of an upgrade?

Shout out to Courtney at Humberview Performance for the installation and support, they were great!
You definitely selected one of the more aggressive exhausts.
attention grabbing for sure.

Glad to hear about Humberview Performance being able to do the work. The ATAK is a bit too loud for my liking, I want to keep the neighbours and wife happy when cruising around with the C8, so plan to do the more subdued but still aggressive S-Type when I finally get the car. The only thing I am hoping is that the S-Type does not do any "burble" sounds. There are a few BMW's with aftermarket (and stock) exhausts in my neighbourhood, and to me it just sounds annoying to hear the cracks and pops and burbles, I prefer the low roar note, race track sound than those sounds (for me personally).

So can I assume that Borla figured out how not to have codes thrown when the install is complete ? Did Humberview have to do anything special for the valves or programming ?? Assuming it is all plug-n-play ? Do you mind me asking you how much they charged you for the install, and if they or you ordered the exhaust from Borla ?? I just wish Borla would sync up with the Canadian dealers to offer their products just like they do with some of the US dealers, to have it installed at the dealer.

Thanks for the info and enjoy terrorizing your neighbours :)

Reactions: Dik
Hi Neil, I ordered the exhaust from Northern Performance but wanted a dealer install as the rear bumper needs to come off and the balance do need calibration as it the exhaust word with the vehicle sound modes perfectly, in wether mode or my mode with the sound set to the lowest setting it is quite quiet and neighbours friendly.

The exhaust was Canadian $6,000 and the install was $900. I also believe can order the exhaust for you, call them and ask.

If you in the area I can show you the system as it is a big investment.

Hi Neil, I ordered the exhaust from Northern Performance but wanted a dealer install as the rear bumper needs to come off and the balance do need calibration as it the exhaust word with the vehicle sound modes perfectly, in wether mode or my mode with the sound set to the lowest setting it is quite quiet and neighbours friendly.

The exhaust was Canadian $6,000 and the install was $900. I also believe can order the exhaust for you, call them and ask.

$6900 is 10% of the total base MSRP. Sorry exhaust world, I have to eat every couple of days...

Reactions: PapaSmurf

Thanks for the info, if I ever make it up to ON will listen for the loud sound of the ATAK and come over to check out the install. Definitely a lot of coin, and on a new car, I have a long list of things I want to get done to it before I invest in a pricey exhaust, but it is on the list.

I had the Borla Atak installed on my C8 2 weeks ago. Bought mine from stock (w/cf tips) from dealer in Quebec. Was delivered free in 1 day. Had local GM dealer do the install without too many problems. Be prepared - it is definitely louder than stock, but I love the aggressive sound. Fortunately my neighbours know me well & so far they “understand”. Very pleased with the result but very disappointed with service/support from Borla. Called & emailed them 3 times but never received any reply! Great product but poor support!

I had the Borla Atak installed on my C8 2 weeks ago. Bought mine from stock (w/cf tips) from dealer in Quebec. Was delivered free in 1 day. Had local GM dealer do the install without too many problems. Be prepared - it is definitely louder than stock, but I love the aggressive sound. Fortunately my neighbours know me well & so far they “understand”. Very pleased with the result but very disappointed with service/support from Borla. Called & emailed them 3 times but never received any reply! Great product but poor support!

To the contrary, my experience with Borla support has been great, I did have a cosmetic issue and it was looked after immediately.

Chris Baas | Customer Service Manager
Borla Performance Industries, Inc.

701 Arcturus Ave, Oxnard, CA 93033
Toll-Free 877.462.6752 Ext. 212 · Direct: 805.246.6037
[email protected]

The aftermarket mods are mostly cosmetic. What are your plans?
Plans?, I track the car regularly and the stock exhaust is just docile, the new exhaust is so much more engaging and enjoyable to drive fast

You must only run a catback or the tracks around your place don’t care about decibels, I’ve been very fortunate at Calabogie they let me in with sport cats and Corsa Extreme

Plans?, I track the car regularly and the stock exhaust is just docile, the new exhaust is so much more engaging and enjoyable to drive fast
Sorry, my question was to Neils who said he had a long list of Mods...

Raccoon my long list of mods is really aero, suspension and wheels. On the aero side carbon fibre high wing, skirts and splitter plus front vents, rims will be the usual Vossen stuff, suspension likely just front collar since I will be doing the front lift. And then bonus will be the Borla S-Type and if I am crazy enough a complete satin wrap front to back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread