It is an unbelievable experience.
You WILL learn a lot.

When I went (2006), they didn't hold the school in summer.... too hot.

Have a great time, and ......

We want pictures and pictures and pictures.

Booked Spring Mountain, Ron Fellows Driving School today for July 6/7. If your thinking about it just to let you know it's booking up fast....:D

Wish I had my C7 in hand so I could book the same time and join you guys.
I hope to get word this week or next week that my order is being pulled, and a build date will be provided. Could be 3 bad boys from Winnipeg tearing up the track at the same time.

Can't bookings be changed?

Would be great to attend with someone you know.
Colin.

I haven't booked yet. I have some special circumstances and will have to wait for a while before booking.. Anyone know if I could book, then sell my spot if I can't make it? I know they are non-refundable lol.

As far as going on his dates, I will be in Vegas from the 8-12th for a surprise bachelor party for my friend. So I will just be staying two extra days after the trip to do this driving course. I could do it the two days before, but I'd like to be there with all my friends at the airport to surprise my friend as well as enjoy the flight down with all of them.

Booking

I haven't booked yet. I have some special circumstances and will have to wait for a while before booking.. Anyone know if I could book, then sell my spot if I can't make it? I know they are non-refundable lol.

As far as going on his dates, I will be in Vegas from the 8-12th for a surprise bachelor party for my friend. So I will just be staying two extra days after the trip to do this driving course. I could do it the two days before, but I'd like to be there with all my friends at the airport to surprise my friend as well as enjoy the flight down with all of them.

When we booked there getting full, if you haven't booked yet you have to do either date soon. Why not do it before the party July 6/7. Classes go from 7 - 3 so maybe the airport after?

There are 2 of us from Winnipeg maybe 3 would be nice to see you there.

Smack YYZ what size and kind of an SD card do I need and whats it formatted to?

You need a Class 10 SD Card ( class 10 means it can handle higher write speeds for the video ). I'd get a 32GB which should run you about $25-30 and be able to record about 770 minutes, almost 13 hours which should be good enough for the 2 day course. I plan on taking my laptop and dumping the videos at the end of each day, so I have a backup of the video.
Here is a good card from TigerDirect Buy the Transcend 32GB SDHC Flash Card at TigerDirect.ca for $21, plus tax.

Once you have the card, to make sure it will work and use the full size of the card you need to make sure it is formatted in FAT32, not ExFat which is the newer standard and the default of most new cards now. Not sure why GM chose FAT32 but it is what it is. So to make sure it is FAT32 you need to stick it in your computer, most newer computers/laptops have SD card slots.
Once it's in the computer, find the card it will be showing as a drive letter, now highlight the drive letter and right click, then select properties. When the dialogue box appears it will show how it is formatted "File system: FAT32" and if it is different you need to format it. To format it exit the dialogue window, right click the drive again and select "Format" , then choose in the File System selector "FAT32", then let windows do it's thing and you should be good to go.

SD Card

You need a Class 10 SD Card ( class 10 means it can handle higher write speeds for the video ). I'd get a 32GB which should run you about $25-30 and be able to record about 770 minutes, almost 13 hours which should be good enough for the 2 day course. I plan on taking my laptop and dumping the videos at the end of each day, so I have a backup of the video.
Here is a good card from TigerDirect Buy the Transcend 32GB SDHC Flash Card at TigerDirect.ca for $21, plus tax.

Once you have the card, to make sure it will work and use the full size of the card you need to make sure it is formatted in FAT32, not ExFat which is the newer standard and the default of most new cards now. Not sure why GM chose FAT32 but it is what it is. So to make sure it is FAT32 you need to stick it in your computer, most newer computers/laptops have SD card slots.
Once it's in the computer, find the card it will be showing as a drive letter, now highlight the drive letter and right click, then select properties. When the dialogue box appears it will show how it is formatted "File system: FAT32" and if it is different you need to format it. To format it exit the dialogue window, right click the drive again and select "Format" , then choose in the File System selector "FAT32", then let windows do it's thing and you should be good to go.

SmackYYZ: Thanks will pick up a card today and format, I'm also taking my computer to download card each day.

When we booked there getting full, if you haven't booked yet you have to do either date soon. Why not do it before the party July 6/7. Classes go from 7 - 3 so maybe the airport after?

There are 2 of us from Winnipeg maybe 3 would be nice to see you there.

*Fort McMurray airport we were meeting/surprising him there. Not the Vegas airport.

And filling up already? Really? I called 2 weeks ago and I don't think they had anyone booked for my dates yet. She said I likely had till around the beginning of April to book before my dates were full.

Edit: Just checked on their website and it showed 18 seats still available on my days and 20 on your days. Not sure if they update the website much, but thats whats there.

Last edited:
*Fort McMurray airport we were meeting/surprising him there. Not the Vegas airport.

And filling up already? Really? I called 2 weeks ago and I don't think they had anyone booked for my dates yet. She said I likely had till around the beginning of April to book before my dates were full.

Edit: Just checked on their website and it showed 18 seats still available on my days and 20 on your days. Not sure if they update the website much, but thats whats there.

Yes the web site not update all of June is full with only a couple of seats the last week.

Just phoned in, July is wide open they said. There is no rush to book for July.

Yeah, because it is SO hot there nobody wants to be there at that time of year. I was in Vegas one July and it was so hot the soles of my shoes got gooey from walking on the pavement. If I recall it had hit 117 that day.

If you can I'd avoid July & August due to the heat.

Yeah, because it is SO hot there nobody wants to be there at that time of year. I was in Vegas one July and it was so hot the soles of my shoes got gooey from walking on the pavement. If I recall it had hit 117 that day.

Yeah I know. I've been to Vegas in July. It's ridiculously hot there. Unfortunately it is out of my hands. :(

Vegas

Depending when you bought your car GM extended the dates in Canada to the end of July for those who got there 2014 earlier in the year, as you have only one year to take advantage of the discount....

Depending when you bought your car GM extended the dates in Canada to the end of July for those who got there 2014 earlier in the year, as you have only one year to take advantage of the discount....

Yeah I got mine last June but no way I was going to go in July! Wanted to go in Feb but couldn't make it work with work schedules, March was booked up on the dates that would work for us, so May it was!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread