Jul 30, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette C7 Z06
Province
MB
Was hoping some members have black wheels on their C6's and those that do could post some pictures along with their setup info. Leaning towards picking up a black set and interested in seeing pictures if possible and why you went with the setup you did

I changed out my chrome Z06 style wheels due to aluminum corrosion on the tire bead area, which caused the tire to lose air slowly over time.
I thought about going with complete black wheels, but couldn't do it. I made a compromise of sorts, and purchased machine faced wheels with black as the predominate background colour.
I stayed with OEM sizes of 18 x 8.5 +56 offset and 19 x 10 +79 offset
new wheels 2.jpg

Those look good. I had competition gray wheels on my C6 and really like them but also like the black on my C7. Haven't really been a chrome fan since the 70's and the Cragar days.

vette2.jpg

I changed out my chrome Z06 style wheels due to aluminum corrosion on the tire bead area, which caused the tire to lose air slowly over time.
I thought about going with complete black wheels, but couldn't do it. I made a compromise of sorts, and purchased machine faced wheels with black as the predominate background colour.
I stayed with OEM sizes of 18 x 8.5 +56 offset and 19 x 10 +79 offset
View attachment 45690

I have started to like this style of wheel as well now too. Those look sharp on the yellow too.

Did you go with run flats again ?

Those look good. I had competition gray wheels on my C6 and really like them but also like the black on my C7. Haven't really been a chrome fan since the 70's and the Cragar days.

View attachment 45693

How did the competition grey look in the sun? Very grey or more of a grey/black like in the picture?
I cannot do chrome wheels anymore, did them when I was younger but I'm over the look. Black can be timeless if done right in my opinion.

My '06 came with competition grey from factory, I bought a set of oem polished and installed
them in the first 3000 km. I also bought an extra set of tires and the plan was to change wheels
every few months for a different look.
14 years later the grey wheels are still sitting in the boxes and haven't seen the light of day during
that time.
The best of plans don't always happen.
I'm a shiny guy but went crazy on my C8 with Spectra Trident grey!!

I have started to like this style of wheel as well now too. Those look sharp on the yellow too.

Did you go with run flats again ?
I changed out the GY F1 Supercar Runcraps after 3 months after I bought the car in 2009, and changed to non runflats ever since. That is 100,000 miles on non runflats and numerous long road trips.
I ran Firestone Indy 500's until they changed the tread pattern, so my latest set is Michelin Pilot Sport 4S purchased from PMCtire.com from Quebec. No one local could even come close to matching their price.

Last edited:
My '06 came with competition grey from factory, I bought a set of oem polished and installed
them in the first 3000 km. I also bought an extra set of tires and the plan was to change wheels
14 years later the grey wheels are still sitting in the boxes and haven't seen the light of day during
that time.
Which comp grey wheels are they?

that time.
Lol so the C6 has which wheels on it then?
Can't blame you for spending your time/money on the C8

I changed out the GY F1 Supercar Runcraps after 3 months after I bought the car in 2009, and changed to non runflats ever since. That is 100,000 miles on non runflats and numerous long road trips.
I ran Firestone Indy 500's until they changed the tread pattern, so my latest set is Michelin Pilot Sport 4S purchased from PMCtire.com from Quebec. No one local could even come close to matching their price.
I have heard and read nothing but great things about the Michelin PS from anyone running them on a vette, I will have to take a look at that site. I've also had nothing but good experience when dealing with any tire or wheel companies from Quebec. Always good experiences.

I have heard and read nothing but great things about the Michelin PS from anyone running them on a vette, I will have to take a look at that site. I've also had nothing but good experience when dealing with any tire or wheel companies from Quebec. Always good experiences.
Looking can't hurt. In fact, US guys couldn't buy these in the US awhile back because they were on back order.
I told them about PMC, but they would not shipm to the US, which makes sense.

Lol so the C6 has which wheels on it then?
Can't blame you for spending your time/money on the C8
The C6 model Corvettes (2005-2012), the front tire size is 245/40R18 ( 18 x 8.5 wheel) and the rear size is 285/35R19 (19 x 10 wheel). That's the base size. Here's a chart of sizes.

Attachments

• C6_Tire_Reference_Guide.pdf
    104.5 KB · Views: 14
The C6 model Corvettes (2005-2012), the front tire size is 245/40R18 ( 18 x 8.5 wheel) and the rear size is 285/35R19 (19 x 10 wheel). That's the base size. Here's a chart of sizes.
I was actually referring to being confused about what wheels are actually on his C6 now that he's moved onto his C8

That chart is great though!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.