Jamie I have had 3 black Corvettes. Obviously that is my color of choice. Murray is right about keeping the car looking clean but a dirty car is a dirty car. Color doesn't matter really. Just some colors hide it better from a distance. I'm willing to bet all corvette owners clean the cars pretty much equally no matter what color, as putting away a dirty corvette overnight is just not done.
:Pistolsmiley:
Some colors really set off the contrast of vents, body lines and aero etc which looks good if that's what you like. I like the way it looks for sure on some Vettes of all vintages. However I prefer personally a blacked out car with as little contrast as possible. I really enjoy working a bit to really see the body lines and carbon fiber.
You can never go wrong with black and chrome man. :thumbs:

I'm laughing as there will be lots who will say...no!! run not black!! Although these guys have some exceptionally sweet looking Corvettes as well.

Black is where its at....

View attachment 11333
Love your car!!!

Reactions: ddgermann
Seconds later the gravel started and the dust covered the black car. Looked good while it lasted.:Biggrin:

IMG_5798.jpg

Jamie I have had 3 black Corvettes. Obviously that is my color of choice. Murray is right about keeping the car looking clean but a dirty car is a dirty car. Color doesn't matter really. Just some colors hide it better from a distance. I'm willing to bet all corvette owners clean the cars pretty much equally no matter what color, as putting away a dirty corvette overnight is just not done.
:Pistolsmiley:
Some colors really set off the contrast of vents, body lines and aero etc which looks good if that's what you like. I like the way it looks for sure on some Vettes of all vintages. However I prefer personally a blacked out car with as little contrast as possible. I really enjoy working a bit to really see the body lines and carbon fiber.
You can never go wrong with black and chrome man. :thumbs:

I'm laughing as there will be lots who will say...no!! run not black!! Although these guys have some exceptionally sweet looking Corvettes as well.

Black is where its at....

View attachment 11333
This ones not to shabby either.

The sad thing is washing is inevitable whether it is a black or in my case, the Lemans Blue which i wash every two days as its a magnet for dirt or fingerprints (not mine). The fingerprints baffles me. I park in the mall or walmart and i see random finger prints show up on my car. Selfies? Vette Groupies?
Surprisingly,since 3 "treatments" at Spence's place,I've been able to keep mine clean,fingerprint free and the shine on it is incredible. Mine's inside covered during working days. Stays like that until I need it. Last night though,she stayed outside. Still there this morning.

Surprisingly,since 3 "treatments" at Spence's place,I've been able to keep mine clean,fingerprint free and the shine on it is incredible. Mine's inside covered during working days. Stays like that until I need it. Last night though,she stayed outside. Still there this morning.

These treatments have me curious Mike. Can't imagine getting a minute of sleep knowing my car was outside uncovered. You have nerves of steel man. :Stig:

Reactions: MikeysZ06
These treatments have me curious Mike. Can't imagine getting a minute of sleep knowing my car was outside uncovered. You have nerves of steel man. :Stig:
I feel pretty good in this neighborhood. Plus,the neighbor has security cams. I was up pretty much most of the night too with lights on. I'm not too concerned out front of my place.

I feel pretty good in this neighborhood. Plus,the neighbor has security cams. I was up pretty much most of the night too with lights on. I'm not too concerned out front of my place.

We had a methhead going from yard to yard last night ripping off ornaments. She had a garbage bag full on the street and was filling her second one next door when my wife spotted her and called the heat. The rest is a performance of exactly what you imagine once the cops arrived. Ended up with the neighbors all picking out their stuff an hour later.
Downtown living. No chance my Corvette sits on the street. :Pistolsmiley:

We had a methhead going from yard to yard last night ripping off ornaments. She had a garbage bag full on the street and was filling her second one next door when my wife spotted her and called the heat. The rest is a performance of exactly what you imagine once the cops arrived. Ended up with the neighbors all picking out their stuff an hour later.
Downtown living. No chance my Corvette sits on the street. :Pistolsmiley:
If I lived downtown in the apt I had on 15th ave? Not a chance it would be outside. It's outside now but,I might go for a late night drive still.

I hope I am not doing something that will upset another member here. Les, "AllFlash", took a shot of my car on the cruise yesterday and I just had to post it. My apologies Les if this upsets you but it is a great picture and I have never seen the car underway before. Great picture of a beautiful car and very Hollywood type actor at the wheel. Well that part maybe bs but in this
21430216_1504636649606010_3832704488818162007_n.jpg
day of self promotion you have to take every opportunity you get.:Biggrin:

Last edited:
I should have jumped on a very nice Vette back in 2016 when I had the chance and Cathy was "on board": black C7 convertible, black top, 2LT red interior, chrome tuning-fork wheels. All that was missing for my dream to be complete was Z51 and navigation. The dealer was willing to deal but I procrastinated and am still Vetteless. :Ack2:

I should have jumped on a very nice Vette back in 2016 when I had the chance and Cathy was "on board": black C7 convertible, black top, 2LT red interior, chrome tuning-fork wheels. All that was missing for my dream to be complete was Z51 and navigation. The dealer was willing to deal but I procrastinated and am still Vetteless. :Ack2:

There will be lots of great black C7s available soon Dik. New and hardly driven.
In retrospect.. the 2 used black Zs I bought were still on warranty virtually perfect except for the little marks on the paint that are inevitable and so noticeable with black. The money I saved buying used with +/- 5000km could have painted those cars many times over compared to the price of my new black Z with no marks.
Easier sell for the copilot too.
Food for thought. :Biggrin:
D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.