Mar 4, 2015
Surrey, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z51
I was thinking about going with black paint and chrome wheels as I like the look, any thoughts from black Vette owners for instance is it super hard to keep clean and can you still see the lines of the C7 well, I have only seen one black C7 and thank was driving by. Thanks !

Jamie, I have seen a few in person and a couple on this forum. They are stunning and the only down side is the same as any black car, tough to keep clean but oh how they shine when they are spotless.

Sounds like a nice combination. Let us know what you decide. Good luck.:thumbs:

Reactions: ddgermann
Jamie I have had 3 black Corvettes. Obviously that is my color of choice. Murray is right about keeping the car looking clean but a dirty car is a dirty car. Color doesn't matter really. Just some colors hide it better from a distance. I'm willing to bet all corvette owners clean the cars pretty much equally no matter what color, as putting away a dirty corvette overnight is just not done.
:Pistolsmiley:
Some colors really set off the contrast of vents, body lines and aero etc which looks good if that's what you like. I like the way it looks for sure on some Vettes of all vintages. However I prefer personally a blacked out car with as little contrast as possible. I really enjoy working a bit to really see the body lines and carbon fiber.
You can never go wrong with black and chrome man. :thumbs:

I'm laughing as there will be lots who will say...no!! run not black!! Although these guys have some exceptionally sweet looking Corvettes as well.

Black is where its at....

17Z06.jpg

Oh the washing! WAIT, I think I wash mine just as much! Jamie it's all about what you love. Personally I love the chrome wheels, some don't. As I said to Jeff a couple years ago, Who you buying it for you or the next guy? Enjoy!

... so maybe found another theory for this Owner's insanity o_O ...
We couldn't decide between a darker color or a lighter color .... so
one of each and claim to everyone that one belongs to my Wife :joyful:
(I will say though that both have nothing but the awesome upgraded chromed wheels)
(and we can't just detail one ... they both get done at the same time)

- our neighbor has two black vehicles & we count his "efforts" being needed more often than ours -​

Last edited:
Jamie I have had 3 black Corvettes. Obviously that is my color of choice. Murray is right about keeping the car looking clean but a dirty car is a dirty car. Color doesn't matter really. Just some colors hide it better from a distance. I'm willing to bet all corvette owners clean the cars pretty much equally no matter what color, as putting away a dirty corvette overnight is just not done.
:Pistolsmiley:
Some colors really set off the contrast of vents, body lines and aero etc which looks good if that's what you like. I like the way it looks for sure on some Vettes of all vintages. However I prefer personally a blacked out car with as little contrast as possible. I really enjoy working a bit to really see the body lines and carbon fiber.
You can never go wrong with black and chrome man. :thumbs:

I'm laughing as there will be lots who will say...no!! run not black!! Although these guys have some exceptionally sweet looking Corvettes as well.

Black is where its at....

View attachment 11333
This car looks awesome: great color combo's and you know what, the car is easy to wash. Love it man!!

Jamie, am guessing your decision is pretty much already made LOL!! I'm with you (and Derek). I love my blacked out '15. We have 3 other black cars as well. It took me awhile to relax about them always needing to be perfect for every drive. I tell myself a small smudge, bug mark or fingerprint (even someone else's) confirms I'm enjoying it. Of course different rules apply for a car show.

Do it!

Reactions: Riley P
No matter what the reason, we all have different opinions, and you have to please yourself, so get the color that you like the most, and you will be happy with it...MAYBE!!!! OK , at least when its clean and that would be 99% of the time..

I love black cars (owned four) ...... even with that extra work to make it look good all the time.... yes, it is insanity .... Oh well!
Bottom line, you pay, you choose your preferred color!

Reactions: RockyPM
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.