Apr 9, 2019
St Catharines Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1999 corvette
Province
ON
Hi all and happy new years. Was wondering if anyone is driving on a set of BF Goodrich G Force sport comp 2 tires. Need some new rubber this year, and from what I have been reading about them, they seem to be a pretty decent tire with a lot of good reviews, and at what I think a pretty good price. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks all.

I have them on C6 since 2017. Travelled to Bowling Green and did the Corvette track. Excellent tire but too much sidewall roll for the track. Highway and spirited driving is just fine and even with a few donuts here and there they are lasting just great. You’re right and I agree can’t go wrong with the price.

Hi all and happy new years. Was wondering if anyone is driving on a set of BF Goodrich G Force sport comp 2 tires. Need some new rubber this year, and from what I have been reading about them, they seem to be a pretty decent tire with a lot of good reviews, and at what I think a pretty good price. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks all.
I had them a few years back and they were solid

I personally really like BF Goodrich tires.....but due to availability at the time, I put Bridgestone Potenza something somethings on my car. They worked great for the street, as they should when you never take a tire to the limit. I only had them on for one summer before buying C7 rims with tires already installed.....so basically chalk this up to another useless post by me...….:D

Would you recommend the all season?
If you don't track your car, most seem to be going away from the summer only tires out here to grab some extra driving weeks in the colder early spring or late fall weather. When my PSS have outlived their useful life, I will be moving to a tire that gives me a bit more traction when the pavement and ambient temp gets down. Here in AB, even in the dead of summer our early mornings can be downright cold...

Reactions: Keith Tedford
Think I will go with all seasons, and price wise the BF Goodrich G force tires are not bad. Have read a lot of reviews, and most were good. The one thing that did come up more than others were regarding uneven wear.
Camber and caster set up may have a lot to do with that. Before I learned a little, the inside edges of my C6 fronts wore right to the cords with 6/32 left on the rest of the tire. Expensive lesson. Had the setting adjusted and all was fine. Before my new C7 came out of the dealer, I had them back of the aggressive settings. My PSS rubber wear evenly now.

A few years ago I saw that the tires on our 2005 were wearing on the inside edges and that was just normal every day driving. I saw others doing the same thing. On reading, I found that a couple of guys had their cars zero cambered and so I talked to my alignment shop guy about that. He thought that it was a good idea. We had new Firestone's mounted on some chromed rims and put them on the car. So far and quite a few thousand miles of driving the wear appears to be nice and even.

A few years ago I saw that the tires on our 2005 were wearing on the inside edges and that was just normal every day driving. I saw others doing the same thing. On reading, I found that a couple of guys had their cars zero cambered and so I talked to my alignment shop guy about that. He thought that it was a good idea. We had new Firestone's mounted on some chromed rims and put them on the car. So far and quite a few thousand miles of driving the wear appears to be nice and even.

it will depend on the way you drive your car in my opinion, you will sacrifice some aggressive cornering without some camber/toe to the wheels. If you drive it like an old man, then a less aggressive alignment makes sense. If you drive it like you stole it... it will not feel as much like a corvette.

it will depend on the way you drive your car in my opinion, you will sacrifice some aggressive cornering without some camber/toe to the wheels. If you drive it like an old man, then a less aggressive alignment makes sense. If you drive it like you stole it... it will not feel as much like a corvette.

Disagree. I don't track my cars but both of them were and are subjects of spirited street driving. If you are up on the upper limits of g-force cornering capability with your Vette you will have to adjust your steering dynamics accordingly but not many of us push to that level, or at least not very often. JMO of course

Not entirely disagreeing with you but also. Most of us drive these cars about 5,000 per year... most tires that we will put on these cars will be good for 40,000-80,000 km. After 5 years I would suggest changing the tires anyways due to age. 6 years is recommended, but the earliest you see most of these performance style tires is 1 year by the time they get to the consumers hands. So why put a less then OEM alignment on them.

again if you drive these cars like a Buick, 20,000 km a year. I would understand

Not entirely disagreeing with you but also. Most of us drive these cars about 5,000 per year... most tires that we will put on these cars will be good for 40,000-80,000 km. After 5 years I would suggest changing the tires anyways due to age. 6 years is recommended, but the earliest you see most of these performance style tires is 1 year by the time they get to the consumers hands. So why put a less then OEM alignment on them.

again if you drive these cars like a Buick, 20,000 km a year. I would understand
My inside edges of both fronts on my C6 were at the cords with 6/32 left on the tire. That was at 28,000km for me. We have had members report this at as little as 19,000km...Michelin, as well as a couple others indicate their tires can last up to 10 years but recommend an annual inspection after 5 years. I'm guessing storage conditions, flat spotting your tires for the winter, leaving your car in the driveway in the summer sun, all have varying effects on rubber breakdown and belt adhesion as well. My car turns 5 this year, has 21000km, tires look like new, and I intend to keep driving on them.... But that's just me.

Great info guys, I don't know if luck has anything to do with this subject , maybe some but I think getting to really know your car has a lot to do with every aspect of what we do to our cars. I have had older vettes, but getting into the new age vettes are a whole knew different ball game. And I sometimes feel like a doctor learning about all the electrical and computer crap involved. I mean you put a set of headers, and various other things to improve performance, and if your starting from scratch, after all is said and done, you are looking at at least $600.00 plus for a tune up. Not bitchen and monnen here, just saying coming from the old school, hands on stuff, especially at my age 70, its hard but I will get over it. At least that's what my wife said a good night to all LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Riley P
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.