Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
Beta testers, need you feedback on Profile/Member Card/Thread covers.

1. Go to your profile page: top right, member drop down, click on your username.
2. You should see a new Covers drop down option on the right handside. It will permit you to upload a cover image, reposition cover image or simply use a background colour for your profile cover. This will also appear on your member card (the bit that shows up when you hover over someone's username).
covers-1.png

3. Test option to set Thread cover by creating or editing an existing thread you own and clicking on the Cover button as per screenshot below (same principles apply):
covers-2.png

@Rruuff Day @N20Vette @ddgermann @SN-III @Z16Jim

Last edited:
Reactions: YFCvii
too bad threads appear to become locked of option after a while though as I
was going to modify the banner on my MITM to Going-to-the-Sun Road Thread
with a photo banner from a day-trip to Kalispell …

too bad threads appear to become locked of option after a while though as I
was going to modify the banner on my MITM to Going-to-the-Sun Road Thread
with a photo banner from a day-trip to Kalispell …

Hmm.. Not sure I understand. Are you not able to add a cover to one of your threads?

• Useful
Reactions: Nik
That's a possibile bug. Thanks for reporting it. You don't see the cover dropdown option on the thread I assume?
correct … there is no cover dropdown nor is there edit dropdown options on the mature threads of mine …
the edit dropdown only has promote features (it's like the options when one doesn't own the thread)
bug01.jpg
Oh crap … I'm finding matured bugs while you are trying to hatch a batch of brand new ones :angelic:

Last edited:
Ok I think I know what the issue is with old threads. Will fix it tomorrow.
... be careful Nik … you need real-time Member GPS ...
cause when you say "tomorrow", it might mean "today" where @ddgermann is right now ;)
I am happy the issue has been replicated and that you have an idea for remedy

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
Seems to work fine for me right now @Nik. I went back to a thread of mine a couple years back and the cover option was there. I changed the cover image. The save cover option was grayed out so I repositioned the pic slightly and then it letme save the thread cover. Other than that everything worked.And is pretty sweet feature. :thumbs:

OK, you should be able to add covers to threads you've started as old as 3 months ago. Please try again.

BTW, in case you're wondering why 3 months, I have tied this to your edit post permission which for senior members expires after 3 months which makes sense. After 3 months your posts/threads will lock for edits of any kind as they are now official history. :)

Last edited:
Ok it works fine for the 3 months … as the MITM Event Threads are "history" … and all good knowing so that we better get our longer term threads (like events) nice and clean within the first 90 days of creating them … thx :thumbs:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread