Casual User
Dec 16, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
04 Cobra
Province
ON
Hi Everyone,

Just joined the forum today. As the title suggests, I'm interested in pre ordering the soon to be 2022 Z06. I have never purchased a new car from a dealer before, let alone pre-ordered something before it was even released. I am wondering what the best way is to get myself an Early Z06 allocation. I am from Ontario, Markham area. Are there certain dealers I should go to to increase my chances? Will dealers be marking up the prices? What is the process? I really have no idea. I would like to put a deposit down in the next couple weeks.

SInce this is my first post, a little about myself... I drive a 04 cobra and I'm ready to step over to the dark side a get myself a vette. Go big or go home, C8 Z06 baby!

Mike

Hi Everyone,

Just joined the forum today. As the title suggests, I'm interested in pre ordering the soon to be 2022 Z06. I have never purchased a new car from a dealer before, let alone pre-ordered something before it was even released. I am wondering what the best way is to get myself an Early Z06 allocation. I am from Ontario, Markham area. Are there certain dealers I should go to to increase my chances? Will dealers be marking up the prices? What is the process? I really have no idea. I would like to put a deposit down in the next couple weeks.

SInce this is my first post, a little about myself... I drive a 04 cobra and I'm ready to step over to the dark side a get myself a vette. Go big or go home, C8 Z06 baby!

Mike

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your decision. You will not be sorry entering the Corvette world. Talk to @Andrew Spencer at Bill Spencer Chevrolet in Coburg and/or @Wilson-Niblett . They are sponsors here on our forum and continuously offer up great advice and assistance. Good Luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrew Spencer
Hi Everyone,

Mike

Welcome to CCF you came to the right place. As @Rruuff Day mentioned above we proudly host 2 of the largest Corvette dealerships in the country as valued sponsors. @Andrew Spencer and @Wilson-Niblett . Definitely reach out to both and mention that CCF will now be your daily reading digest and I'm sure they'll help you get on the list post haste ;)

Again thanks for the intro.

Reactions: Andrew Spencer
Hi Everyone,

Mike
Definetly interested in this as well

I'm from Markham as well and met Jeff at Wilson-Niblett. I am on the Z06 list as of Dec 31/2000. Unfortunately no further details are available other than
at some point, GM will build the Z06. Perhaps 2022, but doubtful.........I'm thinking 2023 at the earliest.

Still waiting for allocation on the 2021 C8, but like everyone else, it's a waiting game. But I have trust in Jeff at WN and it will arrive when it arrives. Until then,
I have other cars to have fun with.......

Reactions: WN Jeff and 12cents
From what I understand the lists are getting filled fast at the bigger dealers. I am #1 at my dealer for C8 Z06 as I was on C7 Z06 and C8. Dealer allocation and reputation is everything when it comes to getting an early car. Constraints are the one thing that can slow your delivery big time, choose your color and options carefully.

What kind of prices for the Z06? I wonder if the prices are the same across Canada?
Prices are unknown at this point since GM hasn't even had "the big reveal" yet for the C8 Z06. If super interested, you should be on a list by now or move quickly to get on a list with a dealership. And do your usual "due diligence" to ensure your spot on any list has a reasonable chance of resulting in an allocation and that you'll be charged no more than MSRP (get any pricing promises in writing). Rumour has it that the Z06's will be harder to come by, compared to the Stingrays, so dealers might get (for example, as an utter guesstimate and according to my C8 salesman) one Z06 for every 5+ Stingrays.

And then there are some dealerships who haven't even started a list, since they don't want a list for a vehicle that as yet, doesn't officially exist. Good luck to all!

In my opinion ( I can't stress this enough) If you are only now wanting to get on the C8 Z06 list, the safest bet is one of the bigger dealers for your province however due to the fact most of us know about them, their lists are very full and you will most likely be waiting quite a while. You will get the car, but you will also be waiting 2 years minimum.

Your best bet to sneak in a Z06 allocation early is to find a smaller dealer that sells around 5-10 Corvettes a year (that will guarantee them 1 or 2 Z06 allocations) that doesn't have much of a wait list. You will need to call around, I don't know much about other provinces but here in Ontario, you can probably find yourself on a good spot somewhere on a dealers list in South Eastern Ontario (or any dealer outside Ottawa or the GTA). It will take some calls but you may find your self lucky. The trick is to ask the dealer how many 2020 allocations they received and how many people they have on the Z06 list. Roughly, you can expect that for every 5 Stingrays sold the dealer will get 1 Z06 allocation, do some math and you can determine how long it will take to get a Z06 allocation based on your spot in line and how many Stingrays the dealer sold.

Reactions: JoeyBats
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.