Just a prelimanary order as they will still drag you back in when you get to 3000 status lam getting very close to #20 and still have not signed and documents for my 2021 ride. Glad l waited as the 21s have alot more cool options over the 20s.

Chevrolet Car Corvette

Deletions
bullet.gif
(G1E) Long Beach Red Metallic Tintcoat exterior color​
bullet.gif
(GAN) Blade Silver Metallic exterior color​
New Features
bullet.gif
(GPH) Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat exterior color (extra cost)​
bullet.gif
(GSJ) Silver Flare Metallic exterior color​
bullet.gif
(HT7/HFC) Sky Cool Gray/Strike Yellow interior color​
bullet.gif
(PPW) Wireless Apple CarPlay/Wireless Android Auto​
bullet.gif
Full Length Dual Racing Stripe Package new colors: (DUW) Edge Blue, (DSY) Edge Orange, (DSZ) Edge Red and (DT0) Edge Yellow​
bullet.gif
Stinger Stripe in 3 colors: (DZX) Carbon Flash/Edge Red, (DZU) Carbon Flash/Edge Yellow and (DZV) Carbon Flash/Midnight Silver​
bullet.gif
(FE2) Magnetic Selective Ride Control suspension (without Z51)​
bullet.gif
(PDY) Roadside Safety Package, LPO, includes (RYT) First Aid Kit, LPO and (S08) Highway Safety Kit, LPO, Genuine Corvette Accessory​
bullet.gif
(CAV) Contoured cargo area liners with Jake logo, LPO, Genuine Corvette Accessory​
bullet.gif
(RIA) All-weather floor liners with Jake logo, LPO, Genuine Corvette Accessory​
bullet.gif
(WKR) Premium indoor car cover, fully rendered C8.R, LPO, Genuine Corvette Accessory​
bullet.gif
(SQU) Ultra-high security chrome wheel locks, LPO, Genuine Corvette Accessory​
Click on the blue links to change image

spacer.gif

Yes. Allocations are not out. I am 1st though at a top dealer. Expected May arrival barring more Covid production delays

There is the possibility of the $100K luxury tax which could be 10% extra , so I had to make a change to the interior to 2LT to get it down to $98 K.

2021 C8 Convertible, Mist Red Metallic, LT2 in two-tone Adrenaline Red. Carbon in the interior as well as external carbon options below the door ( rocker) and on the mirror, black carbon roof with the black nacelles. Dual Exhaust (but no Z51 package) , black spokes with Edge red calipers, no spoiler, and definitely no stripes. Should look nice.

Yes. Allocations are not out. I am 1st though at a top dealer. Expected May arrival barring more Covid production delays

There is the possibility of the $100K luxury tax which could be 10% extra , so I had to make a change to the interior to 2LT to get it down to $98 K.

2021 C8 Convertible, Mist Red Metallic, LT2 in two-tone Adrenaline Red. Carbon in the interior as well as external carbon options below the door ( rocker) and on the mirror, black carbon roof with the black nacelles. Dual Exhaust (but no Z51 package) , black spokes with Edge red calipers, no spoiler, and definitely no stripes. Should look nice.

What dealer did you go through? I'm going through Wilson-Niblett. Placed the deposit in September 2020 - he tells me I won't see the car until Nov/Dec 2021. All I've done is the deposit.... what is the talk about 3000, 4000 etc?

Quite likely. Sounds like you are well down their list. Did you ask for your position on their list? IF the parts chain holds up they will build about 40,000 cars in the 2021 calendar year. You need to know 2 things from them.
1. your position on their list and
2 the number of allocations they will receive this year.
The allocation assignments haven't been given to the dealers yet. It might happen the second thursday of November (12th)

Reactions: motordr
What dealer did you go through? I'm going through Wilson-Niblett. Placed the deposit in September 2020 - he tells me I won't see the car until Nov/Dec 2021. All I've done is the deposit.... what is the talk about 3000, 4000 etc?

The numbers you've referenced are the GM "event codes" that describe how far along a new vehicle is in the production process. This applies to all GM vehicles. Your first priority is to get to "event 3000" where the order for a Corvette has been accepted for production at the Bowling Green plant in Kentucky. After that, as your vehicle marches closer to actually being produced and delivered, a different "event code" is assigned to it. Your dealer can tell you where you're at or some people call the GM customer assistance centre (1-800-263-3777) for updates and for that, you'll need your 6 letter Order Number so they can look up your vehicle order. Welcome to the waiting game. See below for the codes and you'll find some better descriptions of them on the Web:

Event Codes
  • 1000 ORDER ON HOLD AT DEALERSHIP
  • 1100 ORDER PLACED AT DEALERSHIP / PRELIMINARY ORDER ACCEPTED
  • 1101 ORDER ENTERED INTO THE SYSTEM
  • 1102 ORDER ENTERED VIA WEB
  • 2000 ORDER ACCEPTED BY GM
  • 2001 ORDER GENERATED TO DEALER
  • 2005 ORDER REPLACED BY GM PROSPEC ORDER
  • 2030 ORDER EDITED BY GM
  • 2051 ORDER CHANGED THRU WEB
  • 2500 ORDER PREFERENCED, SENT TO PRODUCTION
  • 3000 ORDER ACCEPTED BY PRODUCTION CONTROL
  • 3100 ORDER AVAILABLE TO SEQUENCE
  • 3300 ORDER SELECTED, SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION
  • 3400 ORDER BROADCAST FOR PRODUCTION (LOADED ON ASSEMBLY PLANT COMPUTERS)
  • 3450 IMPORT VEHICLE PRODUCED
  • 3550 IMPORT VEHICLE SHIPPED FROM PORT OF ORIGIN
  • 3575 IMPORT VEHICLE RECEIVED AT PORT OF ENTRY
  • 3800 ORDER PRODUCED, VIN IS AVAILABLE
  • 4000 VEHICLE AVAILABLE TO SHIP
  • 4104 BAILMENT INVOICE
  • 4106 BAILMENT RELEASED
  • 4150 VEHICLE INVOICED
  • 4B00 ORDER BAYED; VEHICLE IS WAITING ON TRANSPORTATION OR PULLED FOR QUALITY CONTROL
  • 4200 ORDER SHIPPED
  • 4300 INTERMEDIATE DELIVERY
  • 4800 RAIL RAMP UNLOAD; VEHICLE AT RAIL ROAD DESTINATION AWAITING TRUCK TRANSPORT TO DEALER
  • 5000 VEHICLE DELIVERED TO DEALER
  • 6000 VEHICLE DELIVERED TO CUSTOMER
  • 9000 ORDER CANCELED

Actually 2000 is where you want to be.
1100 means your order was entered into the "Workbench software" and means you have a definite place in line with your dealer.
Once allocations are assigned the dealer matches those allocations with an order in the system (AKA Workbench software).
At that point you are at 2000 and GM has accepted that order to be produced. They WILL produce that order at some point.
The rest is just the way things happen to go until you reach 3400 which means you have a date for the car to be produced.
This is not on this site, but on the midenginecorvette forum but it's a good read nonetheless.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.