Our Keg locally makes a good "angus" burger. It would be better if it was medium rare. A table next too me sent back their steaks cause not well done enough and too much fat. The latter is more flavor. I hate well done steaks, never mind burgers!

Always cook my burger through as well but not my steaks. The wife likes them friggen purple inside. :Ack2:

Bill
Your wife and I would get along just fine at that new Weber grill Bill.... as long as you cooked our steaks to order.... ;)

Most of my burger is homemade from moose or elk. I know the importance of cleanliness and germ free cutting and grinding so I have no problem cooking and eating my burgers rare as well.

Oh my Weber is the small genesis variety. My neighbors sold it when they upgraded for $25, couldn't say no to that. I cooked T-bones on Sunday with my brother and parents. So last night was a left over T-bone cut up for a homemade Philly cheesesteak sandwich for dinner.

Just finished putting together some 1/3 lb. moose patties.... They come in really handy when a last minute BBQ is required...My recipe is pretty simple... crushed up stove top stuffing mix for some extra flavors, chopped onions and jalapenos, touch of Montreal steak spice, egg whites to glue it all together...I freeze them and then bag them and keep them frozen until I need them. . The nice thing about helping butcher our own animals is guaranteed cleanliness so there's no fear of cooking burgers the way I like them....rare.....

DSCN7269.JPG

Just finished putting together some 1/3 lb. moose patties.... They come in really handy when a last minute BBQ is required...My recipe is pretty simple... crushed up stove top stuffing mix for some extra flavors, chopped onions and jalapenos, touch of Montreal steak spice, egg whites to glue it all together...I freeze them and then bag them and keep them frozen until I need them. . The nice thing about helping butcher our own animals is guaranteed cleanliness so there's no fear of cooking burgers the way I like them....rare.....
:hungry:

1CCBEB54-C46C-4E37-8C29-308A08209334.jpeg

View attachment 13269
This is what you need on those patties. My new fave seasoning,imported from Kalispell. There’s more coming in February. I’ll have extra I think.

Poor Bullwinkle.:Biggrin:

In all honesty Murray, my village wouldn't survive the winter without the sacrifice of the mighty moose. You see.our harsh climate of -50 all year round, doesn't lend to raising domestic livestock.... Oh. We tried but within days they were all frozen solid in the fields. Then at the first windstorm, they all fell over and shattered into millions of useless pieces. Unfortunately we don't have any lush government subsidies which would allow us to afford importing food, so we make due with what mother nature provides us. Then each year we make a sacrifice of our oldest village elder so that the Gods will be pleased and will continue to provide us with subsistence. (Actually. I'm trying to get that changed before it's my turn).... :rolleyes:o_O

Sorry Bill. Got a little off topic there..... :Banghead:

In all honesty Murray, my village wouldn't survive the winter without the sacrifice of the mighty moose. You see.our harsh climate of -50 all year round, doesn't lend to raising domestic livestock.... Oh. We tried but within days they were all frozen solid in the fields. Then at the first windstorm, they all fell over and shattered into millions of useless pieces. Unfortunately we don't have any lush government subsidies which would allow us to afford importing food, so we make due with what mother nature provides us. Then each year we make a sacrifice of our oldest village elder so that the Gods will be pleased and will continue to provide us with subsistence. (Actually. I'm trying to get that changed before it's my turn).... :rolleyes:o_O

Sorry Bill. Got a little off topic there..... :Banghead:
... when is your Documentary on CBC, Eric? ;)
(I'm looking for stuff to do and would love to watch during this harsh season - especially seeing the "mature" dude dodging from "being next")

Last edited:

View attachment 13269

What time should Ziggy, Jeffy and I be there Eric? :Cheers2::Spit::Hurray:

What time should Ziggy, Jeffy and I be there Eric? :Cheers2::Spit::Hurray:

Ya know... If I wouldn't have to sell my Vette to afford you guys coming, that would be a great idea... You see.... I'm ashamed of my cheap Chinese made BBQ now with all this talk of Weber's.... :(... I've only had it for 4 years now and my last one lasted 13 years so I'm gonna save my money for another 9 years and then I'll buy a Weber and you guys will be the first on my list for the BBQ party.... :Cheers2:

bbq.jpg

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.