A beautiful Corvette that was owned and driven by Hot Rod Magazine's John Dianna and Marvin Ripes. It raced as a NHRA Junior Stock car. Junior Stock was an incredible class of race cars, they were supposed to be stock but the mechanical innovation that went on was simply incredible. These cars were so competitive, some maybe not all that fast by todays standards, but they put on an incredible show of driver skill and often thousands of a second separated a win from a loss. Great class that along with Modified Production that NHRA decided to simply kill. Some may remember it was in this time frame that someone coined the phrase "NHRA…No Hot Rods Allowed". It was a huge blow to both competitors and fans alike to witness the demise of these two classes. Many went on to bracket racing, many never saw the track again.

fliwq8.jpg

I am not sure about this photo but it was forwarded by one of the CCF "Canadian Corvette Friends" from their cruise in July or August in Alberta. As I say not sure because I thought there would be more snow. Just kidding of course but nice to see someone who can legitimately say "never driven in the rain" but please don't ask about snow.

As an afterthought this would make a great Christmas Card.

Roxio Wallpaper.jpg

Lots to look at in this picture. Think this guy was putting some laps on this beauty in the mud but based on the parking lot it could be from the drive thru. You would think for a promotional pic the guy would have washed the car.

Fifteen cent burgers. Over 300 Million served and like the comedian said, "wow that is nearly 10 pounds of beef".:Biggrin: "McTuff"? Yikes.

For some reason I do not recall the mascot holding the 15 cent sign. Just who is that chef? Somebody stole Ronald.

image-1.jpeg